• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what is your favourite starting town in RPG's?

salromano

Alexandria, Final Fantasy 9

nRwUzO0.jpg

Though I did enjoy Lindblum even more.

iAmTheTot

Neo Member
Not the starting city, but the first you come to I guess. Balmora in Morrowind. So much stuff going on in this city with the imperial fort just outside, the thief guild, the quest guy, the mines, all the rumours about awakening or whatever it was. Simplly makes you incredibly intrigued to continue the game.

There's a very, very comprehensive mod on PC that makes Balmora like twice the size and twice as interesting, really gives it the "lively" feel I've always felt it should have had.

Also, there were wayyyy too many great ones in this thread already listed to repeat them all. It's tough to pick a FAVOURITE.... but I will agree with Rabanastre. I love the name so much I used it for a DnD campaign.

Kind of cheating, but Sigil from Planescape Torment.

8PDUcDJ.jpg

Honorable mentions go to Rogueport from Paper Mario 2 and Santa Monica from V:TM Bloodlines.

ZzzZombi

Neo Member
This may sound weird but why are there so much JRPG lovers on NeoGAF?

I mean, whenever I see "best town, best character, best story, worst mechanic" posts, 80% of replies are always about a JRPG.

Kaisos

iAmTheTot

Neo Member
This may sound weird but why are there so much JRPG lovers on NeoGAF?

I mean, whenever I see "best town, best character, best story, worst mechanic" posts, 80% of replies are always about a JRPG.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure it has something to do with it being a large part of my childhood. FF7, 8, and 9; Legend of Dragoon; Breath of Fire 3; Chrono Cross; all of these amounted for hundreds upon hundreds of hours of my childhood and they always bring fond memories.

Balamb Garden - FFVIII

UwbKAkc.jpg

Not particularly special, but the music is beyond lovely and the concept is all kinds of awesome. VIII was my first RPG as well, so it gets a few extra points there. Honorable mention to Pallet Town.

That was my answer. FFVIII had my favorite RPG world in general.

YEP, came here to post this. Balamb Garden was so good. Still get the feels when I listen to the OST.

Top Bottom