GAFcast Episode 017: Elastic Doohickeys (07-03-07)

May 19, 2005
Sweden
GAFcast? Returning? Nah, we'll pretend it's business as usual. John tv joins Blackace, DCharlie, ddk and sp0rsk to give us impressions of Zelda: PH, Trusty Bell, Folk's Soul, Crush and more! This extra long cast also includes a new retro gaming segment and of course the regular OT and offline discussions.

Direct download link

GAFcast main page

Subscribe to the GAFcast:

Oct 28, 2005
Hyoushi said:
GAFcast? Returning? Nah, we'll pretend it's business as usual. John tv joins Blackace, DCharlie, ddk and sp0rsk to give us impressions of Zelda: PH, Trusty Bell, Folk's Soul, Crush and more! This extra long cast also includes a new retro gaming segment and of course the regular OT and offline discussions.
]
SOLD. sp0rsk is back!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mar 10, 2005
like, FINALLY

and the content on this one sounds amazing. plus sp0rsk is back woo

hopefully the return will be more consistent now.

Feb 9, 2006
Flushing, NY
Hyoushi said:

May 19, 2005
Sweden
Kiriku said:
do they share the same mic?
Yeah think so, this was all recorded at Blackace's place, and yeah there is some annoying sound from an AC unit or something. Couldn't get it to completely disappear but it got lessened in my NR pass :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mar 10, 2005
I just listened up until the retro segment, which was the best segment overall. And I'm glad they're gonna keep doing it. About soundtracks, one that I've been recently incredibly impressed by is the one for Silver Surfer (NES). Also by Tim Follin. It was mentioned in the Mega Man music thread recently and I thought I'd check it out. I was just... amazed, didn't think stuff like that was possible with the NES soundchip. There are tempo changes, bridges, what have you. Even though the soundtracks we have today can be pretty awesome, 8/16 bit soundtracks are superior because they were uniquely connected with the medium back then. They were distinct abstractions of actual music, which gives them their charm. Next week should include a full Mega Man 2 segment :p

RPS37

Nov 16, 2006
Unfortunately, I know exactly what they're talking about with the "pictures becoming really unappealing" problems. >_<

Jun 19, 2004
Japan
a Master Ninja said:
Nobody on the GAFcast could even get close to beating Ninja Gaiden? :(
I think sp0rsk will be surprised at the NG2 announcement next week.
Since recording that podcast I have finished both (Sigma and Original) :D For some reason I was able to hop back into the original, continue from my save game and fly right through it. Totally weird stuff.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to finish Breakdown. I'll talk about that next podcast....

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
May 30, 2004
saitama, jyapyaon
a Master Ninja said:
Nobody on the GAFcast could even get close to beating Ninja Gaiden? :(
I think sp0rsk will be surprised at the NG2 announcement next week.

Hey, I did!

Oh and I apologize for not being close to the mic. I went to the store and got a 900 yen headset microphone for next week.