• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
Oh man, I don't know if there are any Head Fiers in here, but this guy totally reminds me of the infamous "audiophile" Patrick82 over at HF who years ago, bought a $25,000 USD power cable to power his headphone setup which he wrapped in expensive ERS paper. He then bought some crazy expensive Nordost Valhalla cable which was like $3000/ft. and hacked it up to modify the cable to compensate for supposed "weaknesses". Dude was a legend on the Internet and has some crazy ass videos on YouTube too. It was amazing cause he WASN'T trolling. He utterly believed every bit of it.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/virtual-dynamics-judge-power-cable-arrived-412260/

I will be keeping an eye on this thread for the lulz

I am waiting for "rabbits chewed my Super PS3" thread.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
thuway said:
Ugh fuck just lock this thread. This is a sad existence where GAFFer's actually believe this bullshit. This is the equivalent to someone telling me I could play as Ryu in Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES in third grade.

We are just here for the lulz. Relax and enjoy the show.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol through the flames to paradise is almost half as good as safe as moist dudes.

Which means its fucking hilarious.

But the best so far is that one guy defending him cause he can speak technobabble.

LifEndz

Stitch said:
http://n4g.com/news/860934/rumour-modder-making-superps3-improved-textures-draw-distance-in-games
hahaha

nw3T3.jpg

OMG...I'm crying...okay okay.....I can't take anymore...I'm off to get a sixpack. Oh Gaf, how I love thee.

Okay guys, I finally figured out how to make the Wii have better graphics. You duct-tape another Gamecube onto the Wii, and PRESTO! Better graphix.

LifEndz

IceDoesntHelp said:
Okay guys, I finally figured out how to make the Wii have better graphics. You duct-tape another Gamecube onto the Wii, and PRESTO! Better graphix.

Anything you can do to lessen Virtual Boy lazy eye? I swear if I could go back to that night in 1995 I'd just say no.

Hello gaf ...this thread made me laugh

Thank you all

PS: what happens if i use this kryptonite shard i have in one of my chests on my PS3 , does that make it a PS4 or a PS2 ?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
R_thanatos said:

Thank you all

PS: what happens if i use this kryptonite shard i have in one of my chests on my PS3 , does that make it a PS4 or a PS2 ?
Kryptonite only has effects on Super PS3s, duh

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
R_thanatos said:

Thank you all

It will cause the PS3 to die a slow death, if exposed for prolong periods of time.

Persona7

Banned
DennisK4 said:
This reminds of that time I thought this obese juggalo was going to rob Game Crazy while I was in there... He kept screaming at the cashier who refused to sell him a M rated game along side a PS3 he was buying.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Human nature is pretty damn ugly. Why people feel the need to ridicule this guy I don't get. I don't know whether to believe him or not, I haven't seen enough evidence yet. But do I feel the need to treat someone like shit because they claim to have done something that sounds far-fetched? No, because I am a decent human being.

And from going through all his posts, the only thing I've seen him claim is that he's been able to boost the clarity of the signals going inside the PS3 and to his TV resulting in a sharper image where textures and background objects appear sharper (no change in resolution, but rather look sharper).

Just relax people. There's absolutely no need to ridicule the guy. Ask for proof and question it, but don't attack him personally. It just shows how shitty you are, no matter if he's a fake or not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jim-jam bongs said:
Here's what I would like you to do for all the nice people:

1. Rent an untouched PS3 and put Uncharted in
2. Start playing a level and don't touch the controls
3. Take a screenshot
4. Disconnect the rented PS3
5. Plug in your Super PS3 Brothers 64
6. Start playing the same level and again don't touch the controls
7. Take a screenshot
8. Post both screenshots (original resolution) side-by-side

It's the only way you're going to be able to silence all these haters who can't see that you're trying to lead them through the fire to paradise.

I'll take two!

Raonak

Banned
wait you modified your ps3, and it gave you better textures? lolwut.

and shouldn't draw distance be locked by the game iteself? not dynamically changing based on hardware?

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
True fucking story but I did take apart my NES to put a 3D card in it.

It didn't work and I fucked up my NES and a 3D card that I borrowed from my school too, haha.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Thunderbear said:
Human nature is pretty damn ugly. Why people feel the need to ridicule this guy I don't get. I don't know whether to believe him or not, I haven't seen enough evidence yet. But do I feel the need to treat someone like shit because they claim to have done something that sounds far-fetched? No, because I am a decent human being.

And from going through all his posts, the only thing I've seen him claim is that he's been able to boost the clarity of the signals going inside the PS3 and to his TV resulting in a sharper image where textures and background objects appear sharper (no change in resolution, but rather look sharper).

Just relax people. There's absolutely no need to ridicule the guy. Ask for proof and question it, but don't attack him personally. It just shows how shitty you are, no matter if he's a fake or not.
How is that even possible with HDMI? It's digital.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
rance said:
I've read my fair share of crazy audiophile posts to know this is the same nonsense.
Was about to post that... Replacing the capacitors is a classic. I don't know if it's a hoax but it reeks of audiophilia.

Crazy tweakos... Oh nice touch mentioning Mark Levinson... LOL

This shit doesnt work on audio electronics, thinking it works on a console is just laughable.

yeah so I am here to see more proof of the amazing new technology of cooling down the PS3 which unlocks the super PS3 mode....where are the captures that were promised?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Slayven said:
Can someone summerize the thread please? Is it Jbarid like?
Nothing much. The guy from the "safe moist as dudes" thread
allegedly
is using his
alleged
alt account to share another new vision of PS3 technology, this time by claiming that replacing some random non-processing parts inside his PS3 with higher quality components makes the games run better and have better textures and draw distance.

And then somebody put it up on N4G.

walking fiend said:
I just read the other Carmack thread, think I should have started from this one.

Is it proven fake or true?

Actually, it currently exists in a state where it's both true and untrue simultaneously. It's Schrodinger's PS3.

Risible

walking fiend said:
I just read the other Carmack thread, think I should have started from this one.

Is it proven fake or true?

C'mon, do you really need to ask that?

It is impossible for someone to tweak the non-digital portions of a PS3 and get better textures in a game. IMPOSSIBLE.

no, it's true

by replacing your console's heatsinks and fucking with thermal paste you will improve the "digital signal" (because those 0s and 1s might be getting there regardless, but what if they were getting there in STYLE) and make your discs and downloads suddenly rewrite themselves with new code to have higher quality graphics options enabled

Top Bottom