• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

Calen

panda21 said:
sorry but this sounds like nonsense to me. if you are using hdmi everything is digital anyway so RF interference and how shiny your gpu is should make no difference.
Yep, you nailed it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
squidyj said:
Not so much touching the internal hardware, but even if you took the ps3 guts and upgraded them you'd pretty much just wind up with a higher fps (unless it's locked) and maybe better texture loading? visual effects, resolution, resolution of effects, textures, nothing would be better because of it.

I did read the OP, too, hence the paste tense in my post. :p

BlueCrest

This seems improbable, how were you able to achieve such improvements without changing the quantum computational architectural design, the quantum electromagnetic fields would have lead to a loss of the computational improvements gained, by fine tuning of the camshafts and the supercharger of the system.

dwebo said:
"This photo was taken on January 11, 2011 using a Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS."
for uncharted pics

"This photo was taken on August 31, 2008 using a Samsung S860."
for gta pics

What a load of BS. :lol
I own two cameras. so skeptical geeesh.
fucking believe GAF....as my skin thickens here with your remarks.....so do the days of our lives!!!!

To all of you non believers, I tell you:
kijv5.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
rhubbard16 said:
fucking believe GAF....as my skin thickens here with your remarks.....so do the days of our lives!!!!

How about you take pairs of offscreen pics and then have us blindly guess which one is the "improved" version. You need to perform a systematic blind test to demonstrate this isn't all because you're crazy.

panda21

is this payback for that gaffer who trolled some forum claiming to be upgrading the graphics card in his wii?

lupinko

Thoraxes said:
I can't comment on the actual results, but for the images:
Maybe the camera's internal date was set differently?
Either way, it does say that he just uploaded the images yesterday and today.

Yep, I've done that in the past where I was too lazy to change the internal date to the most updated in general.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
squidyj said:
Ah, sorry, I guess I misread you.

:)

rhubbard16 said:
I just shit a golden goose egg from Wonka that is so Damn funny bro you sir are a GAF wizard!

Now put this egg in your PS3.

mxgt said:
I like how on his profile under his biography it says 'I am serious'

And there we have it, people: irrefutable evidence!

Drop the gag, OP. I, for one, am more interested in your motivation for this little stunt. Your psychology and what not. I have a few guess, but please tell me...what made you do it?

Fireye

rhubbard16 said:

Increasing the quality of transport between places on your motherboard, or the quality/tuning of components in the output doesn't help with draw distance (generally a function of vram or general system resources) or texture detail.

You're a pretty funny troll!

Wazzim

Banned
I'm going to upgrade it with a 600W Corsair PSU and install a GTX560 TI for physx® only, Uncharted 3 will be the bomb.

Wario64 said:
Submitting to n4g
Thank you, this will be amazing.

ape2man

Americanmushroom said:
I just cleaned my PS3 with a very soft tissue. Now all my games run @ 1080p/60fps ...

no joke

That's amazing, i cleaned someone else's PS3. Do you know what happened? my pc now runs Battlefield 3 on ULTRA

zlatko

Banned
GAF has been on fire lately with epic threads.

Now make me a PS360. A box that can play both discs, access both online services/stores, and will require me to only one box.

squidyj said:
Wait... L Ron Hubbard... Founder of Scientology? hmmmmmmmmmm

rhubbard16 said:
I have spent some time ugrading the physical hardware in the 60BG Playstation 3
I isolated the external and internal carriage of the power supply by coating it with copper,nickel ,and alluminum to decrease RFI and EMI signal noise from the power supply leaking to the video ports of the MOBO to get more clarity to video content.
I have replaced all of the capacitors by hand and installed Mundorf and Rubicon. The standard glass fuses with ceramic Furutech built for solid state amps.
I have set the potentiometer with my Fluke to well over stock setting(supposedly incresase read and write speeds)of the poteniometers of the BR diode albiet shorteneing the life span of the diode. this model does not include the DVD laser.
I have also lapped the CPU and GPU to a mirror finish, as well as the heatsinks. I have straightened most of the heat sink fluting too. Applied silver thermal paste.
done with that part......
All HDMI cables have been termintated by me all solder points have been done by me for me,ensuring I have the best contacts.

Chd3L.jpg

inky

Wazzim said:
I'm going to upgrade it with a 600W Corsair PSU and install a GTX560 TI for physx® only, Uncharted 3 will be the bomb.

Don't forget to reverse the polarity on the micro-transistors. Worked like charm for me.

Aguirre

inky said:
Don't forget to reverse the polarity on the micro-transistors. Worked like charm for me.
i had to attach a micro magnet on either side of the micro-transistors to generate perpetual motion which made them work faster and also generate wind and power.

BlueCrest said:
This seems improbable, how were you able to achieve such improvements without changing the quantum computational architectural design, the quantum electromagnetic fields would have lead to a loss of the computational improvements gained, by fine tuning of the camshafts and the supercharger of the system.

Magic!

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Is this like the guy who claimed he invented some previous unforseen physics model that kazunori yamauchi then stole to use in GT5? and that he could now see beyond time and space or something?

It's like you guys never learn.

"X-box? Ha! Probably a hoax."
"Playstation Portable? Right! In your dreams buddy!"
"Phantom? Never going to happen."

Wait and see, this is the real deal.

Wazzim

Banned
Aguirre said:
i had to attach a micro magnet on either side of the micro-transistors to generate perpetual motion which made them work faster and also generate wind and power.
You can even do more: I have heard a friend say that he could move the heat through heat pipes, on to a seperate steel plate and make popcorn while playing the latest blockbuster game. I'm going to check out tomorrow and post some blurry screens.

This must have been what Kutaragi believed in.

Top Bottom