• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

GavinGT

Banned
RHubub is telling the truth, guys. it's not our fault we haven't heard of enhancing consoles yet.

It just goes to show - we should always be open and accepting of new ideas until they are summarily proven false.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Thunderbear said:
Human nature is pretty damn ugly. Why people feel the need to ridicule this guy I don't get. I don't know whether to believe him or not, I haven't seen enough evidence yet. But do I feel the need to treat someone like shit because they claim to have done something that sounds far-fetched? No, because I am a decent human being.

And from going through all his posts, the only thing I've seen him claim is that he's been able to boost the clarity of the signals going inside the PS3 and to his TV resulting in a sharper image where textures and background objects appear sharper (no change in resolution, but rather look sharper).

Just relax people. There's absolutely no need to ridicule the guy. Ask for proof and question it, but don't attack him personally. It just shows how shitty you are, no matter if he's a fake or not.

You deserve extreme ridicule for lacking critical thinking skills. Or at least basic knowledge about how graphics work, given that you post on a giant forum about videogames and have probably been playing them for years.

But no, you should definitely use this opportunity to lament the cruelty of human nature.

How about lamenting the gullibility of human nature instead?

kevm3

Sorry, but this sounds like a bunch of nonsense. How do textures and draw distance improve merely by changing hardware? They have to be coded in SOFTWARE as well. If he said framerate improvements, that would be believable.

GavinGT

Banned
hey_it's_that_dog said:
You deserve extreme ridicule for lacking critical thinking skills. Or at least basic knowledge about how graphics work, given that you post on a giant forum about videogames and have probably been playing them for years.

But no, you should definitely use this opportunity to lament the cruelty of human nature.

How about lamenting the gullibility of human nature instead?

Pretty much. I'd rather be a little dickish to someone than to say nothing and allow misinformation to spread like wildfire.

Just look at some of those N4G comments. People see a thread like this on NeoGAF, they see that it's still not been locked, and they assume that this lends some air of legitimacy to the whole thing.

I'm not saying that this should be locked (yet), as there are still plenty of lulz to be had if/when he returns, but it would give people the wrong idea if claims like these went undisputed.

Oh, and I'd love to see him post this on a PS3 hacking scene website. They would absolutely tear this apart.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
This guy is like a mix between the beyblade guy and Steve Jobs.

He is a true master of the arts.

He is obviously at least somewhat knowledgeable about modding electronic equipment. He speaks a lot of the right lingo, but then he says these other things, that makes you think he doesn't quite see the e-world the same way most forum goers do. This would normally damage his credibility too much to take seriously but it comes off in this almost innocent and naive sort of way.

He's either taking advantage of his perceived naivety or he really is unaware just how unforgiving the internet really is and the normal archetype e-modders usually fall into i.e. owning multiple capture cards of differing configuration.

All in all this is the most interesting GAF has been in years.

Shaheed79 said:
This guy is like a mix between the beyblade guy and Steve Jobs.

He is a true master of the arts.

He is obviously at least somewhat knowledgeable about modding electronic equipment. He speaks a lot of the right lingo, but then he says these other things, that makes you think he doesn't quite see the e-world the same way most forum goers do. This would normally damage his credibility too much to take seriously but it comes off in this almost innocent and naive sort of way.

He's either taking advantage of his perceived naivety or he really is unaware just how unforgiving the internet really is and the normal archetype e-modders usually fall into i.e. owning multiple capture cards of differing configuration.

All in all this is the most interesting GAF has been in years.

Yep, totally nailed it.

Ryuuga

Banned
Used the splorgenborg chipset to offset the DWI circuitry in the RSX pipepline and was able to crank a few more vertices.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
R_thanatos said:
it's sunday ... maybe the repair shop is closed ? "he might need his tools who knows ?" /s

he was on 40 minutes ago and hasn't posted here

so all signs still point to bullshit

Pranay

should have some new hardware and gameplay up soon! Might post some hd footage in realtime. Honestly thought most everyone knew about enhancing the console by now! What a good/ bad reaction huh! It's funny how much my words get misread and exaggerated, wow!
I will try to raise to the level expected of me now.

Hype

I was bored so i made a external gpu using a usb port on the back of the 360 and some soldering. The external GPu is a 6950 and i us a jtagged xbox so i can play 1080p games life has never been so good. Comfy couch and 1080p with this gen and people told me that wasn't possible.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Jocchan said:
Far too long. Rhubarb! Where are you? The lack of pictures is getting sad :(

SuperPS3 output only in 4K so we need to upgrade out monitors to be ready for the screens,lord rhubbard16 sama chan is just giving us time to prepare for the awesomeness.

dragonelite said:
I was bored so i made a external gpu using a usb port on the back of the 360 and some soldering. The external GPu is a 6950 and i us a jtagged xbox so i can play 1080p games life has never been so good. Comfy couch and 1080p with this gen and people told me that wasn't possible.

meh,nothing compared to my Enhanced PSP, I replaced the GPU and used 3 GTX580 and SLi'd them together using virtual Dynamics judge power cables ( so it can power up the four i7 processors I put inside too) and replaced the screen with Sharp 85" 8K screen, Wipeout Pure run awesomely awesome at 8192×4320@160fps now.

GAF is my home, this is a forum for my work. Read the title. Laugh if you want make jokes and I will come and go as I please!(40 minutes ago-hall monitor tattle tale really?) I was not aware my monthly salary was dependent on an imaginary timeline set in place by Jr.'s and Members. I'm not on trial here and I did not create a super ps3! I enhanced what was already in place the results I have shown and will show when I am ready, are above and beyond what is out in the market currently. I "challenge" everyone of you smart ass remark upper crust fake GAF: Post your current ps3 pics off your own monitor with a digital camera! Ohhhhhhhhh make it look good show me up prove my theory is just that show ME the light help ME understand how unfounded and completely off center I am. (while I continue to bust my ass) Oh the hilarity will ensue now all the pics that don't pertain to my request will be blasted out for who has the best fart joke status of the day! I was serious when I started this endeavor; moreover, if you respect or understand my efforts or not the camera does not lie.
Post your shit, and stick your neck out as I have. I welcome the challenge and you know what it's good to try something new be better than me, solder better than me, take notes and prove me wrong.

From the bottom of my gamer heart-Thank you mods for letting my voice be heard this week.

Maybe I am misguided, or insane or just plain stupid.(copy paste that) I did this for me I want the best PS3 available and speaking for myself I have it. People in general know a genuine change is about to happen. I want companies to start putting quality parts in our next console, we GAF deserve it. I was tired of repairing them time after time fucking wasting my money and yours. They take low-income families/ single mothers/fathers money year after year shelling out for repairs on the same broken console! Fucking maddening! This news will change ideas about production of sub-par products.
It should be a requirement that a console is well constructed and not just for high end audio and video or for the
wealthy. I will post when I feel I have
something worthy to post I'm nothing special but Iam honest with you fellow,
smart, funny, and rude GAF.

Nix

Banned
So there are quality divisions in GAF? I'm in the funny camp no? Why is there no
fuck you
so I can know when to avoid him/them.

GavinGT

Banned
rhubbard16 said:
GAF is my home

Not for long, if you keep up this circus act while providing absolutely zero proof to back up your impossible claims. Your charade is quickly transitioning from hilarious to annoying.

rhubbard16 said:
I "challenge" everyone of you smart ass remark upper crust fake GAF

Would you say we're cookie cutter mother fuckers? Moist as dudes?

WoodWERD

rhubbard16, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

KingJ2002

I'm curious to see side by side comparisons. If you can make some captures and show some comparisons... it would bring a bigger argument to companies who do skimp on quality for the sake of cutting costs.

rhubbard16 said:
GAF is my home, this is a forum for my work. Read the title. Laugh if you want make jokes and I will come and go as I please!(40 minutes ago-hall monitor tattle tale really?) I was not aware my monthly salary was dependent on an imaginary timeline set in place by Jr.'s and Members. I'm not on trial here and I did not create a super ps3! I enhanced what was already in place the results I have shown and will show when I am ready, are above and beyond what is out in the market currently. I "challenge" everyone of you smart ass remark upper crust fake GAF: Post your current ps3 pics off your own monitor with a digital camera! Ohhhhhhhhh make it look good show me up prove my theory is just that show ME the light help ME understand how unfounded and completely off center I am. (while I continue to bust my ass) Oh the hilarity will ensue now all the pics that don't pertain to my request will be blasted out for who has the best fart joke status of the day! I was serious when I started this endeavor; moreover, if you respect or understand my efforts or not the camera does not lie.
Post your shit, and stick your neck out as I have. I welcome the challenge and you know what it's good to try something new be better than me, solder better than me, take notes and prove me wrong.

From the bottom of my gamer heart-Thank you mods for letting my voice be heard this week.

Maybe I am misguided, or insane or just plain stupid.(copy paste that) I did this for me I want the best PS3 available and speaking for myself I have it. People in general know a genuine change is about to happen. I want companies to start putting quality parts in our next console, we GAF deserve it. I was tired of repairing them time after time fucking wasting my money and yours. They take low-income families/ single mothers/fathers money year after year shelling out for repairs on the same broken console! Fucking maddening! This news will change ideas about production of sub-par products.
It should be a requirement that a console is well constructed and not just for high end audio and video or for the
something worthy to post I'm nothing special but Iam honest with you fellow,

Look, paragraphs of bullshit and rambling! All hail Lord Crackpot!

Erasus

I dont know what to say. This all seems very fishy, I dont think that having cleaner singals going into the HDMI cable is going to affect CPU and GPU performance.

If he posts a HD 1080p vid of his stuff then sure. But now its all text.

itsgreen

Erasus said:
I dont know what to say. This all seems very fishy, I dont think that having cleaner singals going into the HDMI cable is going to affect CPU and GPU performance.

If he posts a HD 1080p vid of his stuff then sure. But now its all text.

Of course not, but let him dig his own hole, it's fun.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Who was that pretty famous well known Internet time-traveler everyone used to talk about. He needed some IBM computer or something? He sounds like this dude.

GQman2121

Banned
rhubbard16 said:

something worthy to post
I'm nothing special but Iam honest with you fellow,

CaryWhat.gif

Until the bolded areas becomes a reality, kindly shut the fuck up and get banned.

Mw182006 said:
rhubbard16, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

M-PG71C

This man is for real, GAF told me if I would ductape two GameCube's together I would get a Wii. And needless to say, I been playing Wii Sports and NSMB since.

If I ductape two PS3's together, along with soldering some wires and shit, I'll get a Super PS3. Shit is for real hypocrits.

GavinGT

Banned
jim-jam bongs said:
So you're not going to post any proof?

Don't you see the incontrovertible proof linked in the OP? Holy shit Niko's jacket has never looked so amaZing.

M-PG71C said:
If I ductape two PS3's together, along with soldering some wires and shit, I'll get a Super PS3. Shit is for real hypocrits.

No, you got it all wrong. He fed his PS3 secret ooze. Remember how Shredder turned into Super Shredder? Same principle.

Gui_PT

rhubbard16 said:
wall of text

Soooo.. no pictures?

Mw182006 said:

ZombieSupaStar said:
Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

This why I love GAF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

panda21

not that it needs saying, but the RFI db stuff he says is pure pseudo-technical nonsense as far as i can see.

db is a relative unit so '70db' of radio signal escaping something is meaningless. you could have shielding of 70db that reduces output by that factor. his claimed '0db' output means it would be outputting the same as it was before.

Bryan1321

Banned
I dont get it rhubbard16 you posted earlier that you would get pics once you got home/officem then you cited your family as the motive for the delay

And now when youre ready?

One question: Why?

Top Bottom