• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFfers you tend to clash with - Give them their dues

Hi,

I'm opinionated and like the smell of my farts. Not everyone likes the smell of my farts as much as I do and that makes them wrong.
Sometimes things escalate about their perfume, frequency, breadth of methane texture. Things can get snippy.

But, hell, there are other times when they have a point. Or that they just did something that makes you think rather than merely react.

So put the pitchfork down, count to 10 and let's be bros about this, bro.

It's not necessary to go into details about the negatives.
Instead focus on the stuff that made the positive impression on you - let's hear about that and let's namecheck the GAFfer.

AfricanKing AfricanKing
This GAFfer could have responded in all manner of ways to a comment I made that referenced them.
They could have been confrontational or derisive.
Or they could've just ignored it and refused to even acknowledge it.

This GAFfer acknowledged the comment by gifting a month of GAF Gold.
That's some nobility right there.

Nobody_Important Nobody_Important
Started a thread in the Politics area, showing the recent Jon Stewart 9/11 first responders bill hearing testimony.
Firstly, this opened my eyes to a topic I was oblivious to.
Secondly, it showcased a guy making his stand, holding people in power to account and doing a damn fine job of it.
I don't think any thread participant felt any differently.

This GAFfer created a thread that was important, honest and unified voices within it.
That's no mean feat - especially in the Politics area.

PS: This is not a fart thread. I was using farts as analogy.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I've got beef with EviLore EviLore
Over 12 years of service, many shitposts, but still no tag....

i actually used to be memberless so that only my username was displayed and not the 'member' underneath my name. Unfortunately my member was restored following the purge in 2017.

I guess he runs the forum and all so probably not a bad dude after all.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I've got beef with EviLore EviLore
Over 12 years of service, many shitposts, but still no tag....

i actually used to be memberless so that only my username was displayed and not the 'member' underneath my name. Unfortunately my member was restored following the purge in 2017.

I guess he runs the forum and all so probably not a bad dude after all.
Long timers do not get tags, because they already get the "X years of duty" achievements.

I never really think about individual disagreements / conflict in terms of the other person.

I tend to think about the topic - not the presenter of the different idea. People are people - ideas are ideas, for me anyway.

Someone could tell me I emit a foul and unpleasant odor

and it's alright with me.

I'd probably have to agree with them in that case. :p

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Me and D DanielsM hardly ever see eye to eye when it comes to digital libraries, streaming platforms, or anything Xbox. While I usually trust large companies to take care of their customers (for profit motive reasons), he adds a hefty dose of skepticism on the topic to the board.

But the guy is obviously passionate about gaming (and game preservation) and helps offer an opposing argument and viewpoint that I sometimes have to stop and think to myself "OK damn, that's a good point." Even though we're hardly ever on the same page, I can appreciate the fact that others on NeoGAF have a different point of view / perspective as I do and being able to voice opposing viewpoints openly without fear of consequence is the reason I keep loading up GAF every day. Now if/when Stadia ends up in the Google graveyard, hopefully he won't be so harsh with his "I told you so"s.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
s1XR771.png

Did you really think you could hide behind your little HTML table?

Top Bottom