• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2014 Awards - All about the games [Voting ends Jun 15th 23:59]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Sunset Overdrive
2. The Division
3. The Witcher 3
4. Batman: Arkham Knight
5. Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS
6. Cuphead
7. No Man's Sky
8. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
9. Evolve
10. Shadow of Mordor

1. No Man's Sky
2. Uncharted 4
3. Bloodborne
4. Batman AK
5. Evolve
6. Destiny
7. The Order 1886
8. Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number
9. Splatoon
10. Sunset Overdrive

Lernaean

Banned
1) The Legend of Zelda WiiU : Eiji Aonuma meets Hayao Miyazaki in a handful of seconds full of beauty. We knew that a new Zelda game would be announced and i had high hopes that it would be impressive but i never expected this.
The footage shown, questioned by some, looks the way it does not because the developing team pushed the HW to the limit but because as it proves for once more, art is king.
I can't wait to see more of it.

2) Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain : This could easily be in No1 if Zelda wasn't so beautiful.
Hideo Kojima claims this is his last MGS. I don't really know if he'll do it or if he is as an addict as we are but he has proven one thing, he wants closure.
He proved it by ending Solid Snake's saga on MGS4, a title that got much undeserved criticism imo. Kojima wanted to tell a story to end this part of the saga and he did, a great one even.
Now it seems he is after some closure for Big Boss' saga. And it's gonna hit us hard.
It's obvious we will witness BB's fall in this game, and when others continue to show war as a roller-coaster of kill-counts and scoring boards, he is not afraid to remind us that war is a messy thing, full of the stench of burning flesh, the metallic tang of spilled blood, and a broken promise of return.
BB is not falling from grace because he is a bad person, a sociopath with no feelings. He is falling because he loved so much, and saw everything he fought for die and be destroyed in front of his eyes.

'I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea...I will always be with you.'

Definitely my most anticipated game.

3) Bayonetta 2 (+1) : This one shouldn't be on the list. Not because i don't think it deserves to be, far from it, but because i wanted to fill this list with new titles.
It seems the news from the inclusion of the original Bayonetta won't let me though.
Not only does Platinum think that they should add as much content in Bayo 2, but they also thought that we should have the first one as a gift, together with a new mode and some new costumes.
Even though i'd love to believe our community campaign worked towards it, it seems that they wanted to do it all along, but the result is all the same.
No words can express my excitement.

4) Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker : Those that played the Captain Toad levels in SM3DW know exactly why i am excited about this title.
The most addictive content in the last Mario comes with a game of it's own and many other new gameplay additions. EAD Tokyo in godmode.

5) Bloodborne : Hidetaka Miyazaki's familiar by now gameplay on a Victorian-Gothic setting and PS4 visuals. Need i say more?

6) Super Smash Bros WiiU : Another title that shouldn't been here as it was announced quite a while ago, but these gameplay sessions all these days...
HYPE!

7) Fantasy Life : Saw it for the first time @ the Treehouse and got my attention immediately. Excellent 3DS title.

8) Yoshi's Wooly World : What can i say? I like Yoshi and i like yarn. This is just childishly kawaii, but on the max level, you saw that boss fight? Oh and it looks damn good.

9) Batman : Arkham Knight : Looks excellent, will play like the other two Rocksteady Batmans and now he's got a ride too. Day one.

10) Scalebound : This shouldn't be here because all we got is a CGI trailer, but the Kamiya/P* fanboy inside me won't let me ignore it.
I was pretty much planning on getting an X1 anyway (and having all current gen consoles once more), but even if i wasn't, a Kamiya exclusive would sell me one.
Now Hideki, be a darling and show some gameplay, willya?

1. BloodBorne
  2. Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End
  3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  4. The Witcher 3
  5. The Order: 1886
  6. Batman: Arkham Knight
  7. Lords of The Fallen
  8. Bayonetta 2
  9. Dragon Age Inquisition
  10. Far Cry 4

Angelcurio

1. Bloodborne: After playing both Demon Souls and Dark Souls, gaming has never been the same for me.

2. No Man's Sky: A really nice surprise in the show. I was really amazed when i saw the Aircraft exiting the planet, playing in space, then reentering another planet. Simply amazing.

3. MGSV: The Phantom Pain: Metal Gear Solid games have always been system sellers for me, and after seeing the Fulton Pain and the Mother Base details, i'm even more sold on the game.

4. Zelda U: A real system seller for me. I haven't owned Nintendo systems since the Snes, yet i bought a Gamecube just to play Twilight Princess, and now just bought a Wii U in preparation for this game.

5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: The most graphically impressive game of the show, and seems to point to the conclusion of Nathan Drake's journey.

6. Batman: Arkham Knight: Awesome gameplay demonstration, and it's Rocksteady at the drivers seat. Still not sold on the Batmobile part of the game.

7. DriveClub: One of the best comebacks i have seen, after the delays and lack of showing, the latest trailers and pics have made me interested again.

8. The Division: A lot of attention to the details in this game.

9. Mortal Kombat X: It's MK, and it's coming. Enough said.

10. The Order 1886: Game still looks rough in some areas, but is definitiely shaping up to be a solid game.

1. Splatoon
2. LittleBigPlanet 3
3. Smash Bros. WiiU
4. Witcher 3
5. Bloodborne
6. The Legend of Zelda WiiU
7. Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain
8. No Man's Sky

1. Halo 1-4: The Master Chief Collection - In a year where the parade of big familiar franchises that could have easily came out in 2010 seemed more familiar than ever, I can't help but join in the warm glow of nostalgia. A little personal background: Halo is a series very near and dear to me. I still remember getting an Xbox on Christmas 2001 and playing co-op with my little brother. I remember the 2005-2006 days of coming home after school and playing Halo 2 with my friends all night long. I remember how godlike Halo 3's campaign was and I how I keep returning to it years later. It lost me with Reach, and Halo 4 is the FFXIII of that franchise, but the point us I grew up along this series and have a deep love for its foundations. Well now its coming back, better than ever. 1080p, 60fps, dedicated servers, holy shit ya'll. Halo CE with proper online, a dream come true. Halo 2 MP back like it always was. Halo 3 campaign faster, prettier, better than before. Also, Halo 4 is there for whatever reason. All for $60! I'm gonna have to buy a Xbone this year

2. Bayonetta 2: Bayonetta rides in a mecha, your argument is invalid.

3. Destiny: My hype for Bungie's new shooter has been like a roller coaster. First it was like "oooh Bungie shooter, looks like Halo, sounds like Halo too, get hype". Then a few months later it was like "uhhhhhh I don't really know what this game is? I can't contextualize any of this shit mods pls halp". THEN they released this explanatory video and I saw gameplay by people who didn't suck at the game and I was like, "ohhhh, I get it now, its like a sexy fusion of Halo, Borderlands, and MMOs, I'm down for this shit!" And that's where we are now.

4. Super Smash Bros Wii U
5. Arkham Knight
6. Zelda
7. Grim Fandango
8. Ori and the Blind Forest
9. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
10. Uncharted 4

1. Zelda WiiU
2. The Witcher 3
3. Halo: The Master Chief Collection
4. Dragon Age: Inquisition
5. Destiny
6. Yoshi's Wooly World
7. Splatoon
8. Crack Down
9. Ori and the Blind Forest
10. Evolve

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That's not good enough, for all I know that trailer could have been smoke and mirrors for the sake of hype. I can't nominate the game if it isn't in a state of development where they can comfortably demo it to the press.
They have demoed it to the press.

Hands-off like Bloodborne, more than Rise of the Tomb Raider. ;-)

Thrak360

Neo Member
1. Alien Isolation
2. Bloodborne
3. Witcher 3
4. Rainbow Six Siege
5. Evolve
6. Evil Within
7. Batman Arkham Knight
8. The Division
9. The Crew
10. The Order

drkzr01

Neo Member
1° BloodBorne
2° No man´s Sky
3° Star Fox
4° The Division
5° Valiant Hearts
6° Xenoblade Chronicles
7° Batman: Arkham Knight
8° Bayonneta 2
9° Freedom wars.

bloodborne_2681.jpg

Tnetennba

1. Bloodborne
2. Zelda U
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Destiny
5. No Man's Sky
6. Xenoblade Chronicles X
7. Sunset Overdrive
8. Lords of the Fallen
9. Mario Maker
10. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

There's a good few more I would happily have put on here, including Smash and The Witcher. I guess that's a testament to how strongly a number of games showed this year, that there's more than 10 games that have my interest. Scalebound wasn't as big a reveal as I'd hoped but it's Kamiya, so even if I'm not going to put it on the list, it's still probably going to be fantastic. It's just difficult to get too excited over a CG trailer that shows no indication of gameplay.

1. No Man's Sky
2. Bloodborne
3. Cuphead

NMS for HOLY FUCKING SHIT ACTUAL REVOLUTIONARY.
BB for LORD MIYAZAKI GOODNESS
Cuphead as it looks like a fucking Merrie Melodies cartoon perfectly.

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
2. No Man's Sky
3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
4. Rainbow Six: Siege
5. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
6. Alien: Isolation
7. Grim Fandango
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Mortal Kombat X
10. The Witcher 3

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
1. Splatoon
2. Super Smash Bros Wii U
3. No Man's Sky
4. Zelda
5. Super Smash Bros 3ds
6. Rainbow Six
7. Witcher 3
8. Batman
9. Xenoblade
10. Sunset Overdrive

1. Bloodbourne
2. Batman: Arkham Knight
3. No Man Sky
4. Super Smash Bros for Wii U
5. Bayonetta 2
6. The Witcher 3
7. Assassin Creed: Unity
8. Uncharted 4
9. Zelda Wii U
10. Rainbow Six: Siege

1. No Man's Sky
2. Super Smash Brothers U
3. Splatoon
4. Legend of Zelda U
5. Evolve
No Man's Sky looks as awesome as it always does, can't wait to see how that turns out. All the Wii U stuff convinced me to get a Wii U. And Evolve just looks like a ton of fun, reminds me of some old Warcraft 3 custom gamemodes.

1. Bloodborne
2. Far Cry 4
3. Batman: Arkham Knight
4. Zelda WiiU
5. The Witcher 3
6. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
8. No Man's Sky
9. Dragon Age: Inquisition
10. The Division

1. The Witcher 3
2. Zelda U
3. Rainbow Six: Siege
4. Grimm Fandango
5. Assassin's Creed: Unity
6. Homefront: The Revolution
7. The Division
8. Evolve
9. Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris.
10. Cuphead

DJIzana

1. Xenoblade Chronicles "X"
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Super Smash Bros
4. Mario Maker
5. Bloodborne
6. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
7. Deep Down
8. Hyrule Warriors
9. Monster Hunter 4
10. Assassin's Creed Unity

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
1. The Witcher 3
2. Mortal Kombat X
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Dragon Age Inquisition
5. MGS V
6. Shadow of Mordor
7. Bloodborne
8. Evolve
9. The Division
10. AC Unity

Honorable mentions: Hotline Miami 2, Alien Isolation, sunset Overdrive, The Sims 4, Far Cry 4, No Man's Sky, Civ Beyond Earth, Rainbow Six Siege

Grisby

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Sunset Overdrive
3. The Witcher 3
4. Crackdown 3
5. Uncharted 4
6. Fable Legends
7. Metal Gear Solid 5
8. Bloodborne
9. Ori and the Blind Forest
10. Rainbow Six Siege

1.super smash bross
2.legend of zelda U
3.no man's sky
4.splatoon
5. xenoblade
6. grim fandango
7. sunset overdrive
8. mario maker
9. bayonetta2

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
1. Splatoon
2. Halo Master Chief Collection
3. Zelda U
4. No Man's Sky
5. Super Smash Bros U
6. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
7. Yoshi Woolly World
8. Witcher 3
9. Destiny
10.  Grim Fandango

1. Far Cry 4
2. Scalebound
3. Assassin's Creed: Unity
4. MGSV
5. Bloodborne
6. Devil's Third
7. D4
8. Rainbow Six: Siege
9. Civilization: Beyond Earth
10. Bayonetta 2

So many exciting games to choose from, it's hard to name only ten. Great E3 this year!

Kelsey

Banned
Forza Horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive
GTA 5
Halo Master Chief Collection
Uncharted 4
Zelda Wii U
Dragon Age

I would have listed Destiny, but after playing the Alpha for a few hours, it's every bit as bland to me as the early footage made it look.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
1. Splatoon
2. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. MGS V
5. Sunset Overdrive
6. Inside
7. No Man's Sky
8. Bloodborne
9. Far Cry 4
10. Bayonetta 2

Can't get hyped for Horizon 2, The Crew, Driveclub etc. without wheel support in sight :/
Can't get excited for Ubisoft 2015 releases because all I see when I click on videos is "you know that the game won't be like that, downgrade incoming, don't fall for it"

1. Halo Master Chief Collection
2. Super Smash Bros
3. Ori and the Blind Forest
4. Destiny
5. Evolve

Halo Master Chief Collection: Even though the last entrees into the franchise were critically praised, the fans were largely losing interest in the new direction the it was headed. This year would prove to make or break the future of Halo for many, and although there were many rumors about what we'd see this year, people still had their doubts. That all changed when 343i went on stage and stole the show with their brilliantly presented reveal of the Master Chief collection. It's an incredible package of fan service and the community at large is celebrating what is shaping up to be a valiant return for the franchise. While the exact specifics remain to be seen, It's so refreshing to see veterans and new players from all around the community interested in Halo again. 343i has a ton of momentum riding off of this, so hopefully we continue to go uphill. I'm looking forward to enjoying competitive multiplayer again.

Super Smash Bros: The Super Smash Bros tournament helped to showcase a game that is looking to be the strongest entry in the Smash series. The characters and stages look lively and vibrant and it's great that Nintendo is finally embracing the game's popularity. This is going to be my ultimate party game.

Ori and the Blind Forest: I chose Ori for this because it managed to do something very few game trailers do, and that is connect with me on an emotional level. The music and art direction is beautiful and awe-inspiring and it makes me want to lose myself in the world. I'm not the biggest fan of platformers, but the level design and twists on gameplay managed to launch a game I'd never heard about onto my radar.

ethomaz

Banned
1. Grin Fandango.
2. Destiny.
3. Uncharted 4.
4. MGS V.
5. Bloodborne.
6. No Mans Sky.
7. Ori and the Blind Forest.
8. Far Cry 4.
9. The Witcher 3.
10. The Last of Us: Remastered.

1. Splatoon
2. Bloodborne
3. Captain Toad
4. Yoshi's Wooly World
5. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
6. Senran Kagura Bon Appétit
7. Witcher 3

AHA-Lambda

1. Bloodborne
2. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
4. No Man's Sky
5. Rainbow Six: Siege
6. Batman: Arkham Knight
7. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

j_rocca42

1. Bloodborne
2. Destiny
3. Uncharted 4
4. The witched 3
5. The division
6. Far cry 4
7. No man's sky
8. Evolve
9. Batman arkham knight
10. Call of duty: advanced warfare

traveler

Not Wario
1. The Legend of Zelda U
2. Bloodborne
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Destiny
5. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
6. Halo Master Chief Collection
7. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
8. Hotline Miami 2
9. Civilization: Beyond Earth
10. Evolve

Scalebound would be up if we had any kind of idea on the gameplay. Zelda had the in-engine demonstration as well as a fair amount of high level design direction from Aonuma, so that was enough for me to consider it, but Scalebound was just too early and vague. Always next year.

BY2K

Membero Americo
1. The Legend of Zelda Wii U. The moment Aonuma snapped his fingers and the first (in-engine!) footage of Zelda Wii U appeared, my jaw hit the floor. A beautiful, open-world Zelda is the stuff dreams are made of. And with A Link Between Worlds, I couldn't have more faith in Aonuma and his team to deliver a Zelda that can rival the best of them.

2. Batman: Arkham Knight. One of the few games at E3 that actually had in-game/gameplay footage and it blew my mind. From the city's horizon to the faster gliding and being able to drive a pretty bad-ass looking batmobile, it just makes the 2015 delay hurt even more.

3. Uncharted 4. We didn't see any gameplay of this one, like Zelda, but like Zelda, I don't need to to know it will be a great game. Like Zelda, what we saw was in-engine. I'm a fan of the Uncharted series, and knowing that this is directed by the top dogs of their studio fills me with confidence. And knowing they are aiming for 1080p/60FPS is the icing on the cake.

4. Bloodborne. Confession time; I'm not actually a big fan of the Souls series and I've only spent a couple of hours in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. But I do like From Software, I like their style.And the style of Bloodborne looks amazing, the art design, art style looks amazing and the few seconds of gameplay we saw looks incredibly fun.

5. Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/For 3DS. This one I've been following for a year, so that's why it's a bit lower on my list. However, I'm a huge fan of Smash and this one looks like a big improvement over Brawl. Mix that in with Nintendo's new found embrace of its community and I couldn't be more excited.

6. No Man's Sky
7. Mario Maker
8. Splatoon
9. Xenoblade Chronicles X
10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

soultron

Banned
1. Splatoon
Looks really creative, what I'd expect to be a 1st party Dreamcast 2 launch title. Fun music, really charming character design, and the vibrant colours really go a long way in making this my most anticipated 2015 title. Time to get a Wii U.
2. Rainbow Six Siege
I'm a die-hard R6 fan and this looked really exciting to me. Going back to CQB, slower paced gameplay, a planning phase, and a focus on team-based objective play is a welcome change of pace. The destruction also looks great too.
3. Bloodborne
Huge Souls fan so this one's an obvious choice, but I'm also super excited that they're kind of breaking away from those conventions to inject new mechanics and different playstyles, like less of a focus on shields and heavy armour for faster-paced and riskier combat encounters.
4. Sunset Overdrive.
New IP that looks like the culmination of a lot of gameplay ideas Insomniac has wanted to mash together for a long time. The sense of style and humour look fantastic as well. I'm also glad to see Insomniac focusing on one platform again, rather than overextending themselves on a multiplatform title.
5. Valiant Hearts
More new IP! Excited to see a narrative-focused puzzle/adventure game done in that engine. The art looks great and I'm excited to play multiple characters... mainly the dog! The music also sounds great from what I've heard in trailers so far.
6. Night In The Woods
Crazy illustrative visual style and I follow these guys on twitter so I'm regularly seeing great progress updates. Really looking forward to the quirky story they want to tell.
7. The Legend of Zelda 2015
Visual style looks great and I'm happy that Aonuma wants to experiment with things like Skyrim-style open world gameplay. Such a long wait though!
8. H-Hour: World's Elite
Like Rainbow Six, SOCOM is a favourite tactical shooter franchise of mine, so I'm really eager for the team at SOF to deliver this. They had a really small presence at E3, but again, this is another team I follow on twitter and I'm really excited about the progress they're making. I'm also a backer of the KS, so I have a (in)vested interest in seeing this one do well. ;)
9. Criterion Presents: GoPro™ The Extreme Sports & Extreme Driving Game
I'm intrigued by Criterion's ideas on this one, I'm sure it will turn into something great once they lock down their ideas and go into full production on this. Hope they can keep their swanky, laid back studio culture when things get busy! I'm envious of the culture they described in that little promo video.
10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
I've not played SM3DW since I don't yet own a Wii U, but I've played SM3DL and I really love this style of 3D Mario. This looks great and I've read that the Captain Toad sections of 3DW were fantastic, so to have Nintendo see enough fan demand for more Toad stuff is cool. It looks super charming and I really like the bite-sized cube stages.

Hon. mentions: INSIDE, Ori & The Blind Forest, Evolve, No Man's Sky.

manfestival

I only do this in order of games I will be buying

1. Uncharted 4
2. Bloodborne
3. MGS5 Phantom Pain
4. Mortal Kombat X
5. No man's sky
6. Xenoblade chronicles X(love how this game is coming out but I dont have a wii u)

1. Bloodborne
2. The Witcher 3
3. Destiny
4. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
5. Uncharted 4
6. Dragon Age Inquisition
7. The Order 1886
8. LittleBigPlanet 3
9. Batman Arkham Knight
10. Lords of the Fallen

1. Bloodborne
2. Grim Fandango
3. Evolve
4. Sunset Overdrive
5. No Man's Sky

I think I'm starting to get way too cynical about games. I was even debating leaving NMS off because there was nothing other than a proof of concept trailer. It looks unique enough that I might as well put it on there, though.

1. Bayonetta 2
2. Witcher 3
3. No Man's Sky
4. Rainbow Six: Siege
5. Zelda U
6. Far Cry 4
7. Smash Bros Brawl
8. Bloodborne
9. Halo: Master Chief Collection

My list is based on the combination of the title's showing at E3 and my general interest in the title. Some explanations:
- Bayonetta 2 is my most anticipated game of the year, and it was revealed to come with a port of the original game, have a mech suit (!!!) and have coop. Oh and it still looks like a fucking amazing game.
- Witcher 3's gameplay demo was impressive, and the game looks incredibly good. I've bounced off both W1 and W2, but third time's the charm? I want to love this game so much.
- No Man's Sky still looks absolutely wonderful, but we still don't know what it's going to be.
- R6: Siege looked amazing in the demo. I'd like to see coop gameplay, not that interested in the competitive mode.
- Zelda U, because Zelda U. And because of what Aonuma said before showing the game. And because the short clip he then proceeded to show sent chills down my spine.
- Smash Bros continues looking good and the invitational was a great idea for building up interest in the game.
- Sorry Bloodborne, no gameplay (except leak/off screen) means I won't place you higher!
- Only listed Halo because Jeff Gerstmann is thinking it could be coming to PC, and that would be great. I want to believe.

Crom

1. Zelda U
2. Super Smash Bros Wii U
3. Bayonetta 2
4. Splatoon
5. Xenoblade
6. Ori
7. Toad Treasure Tracker
8. Witcher 3
9. Kirby Wii U
10. Inside

Would have voted Star Fox too just because it is awesome that another one is being made but it really wasn't shown.

1. Uncharted 4
2. No Mans Sky
3. The Order 1886

Reasons: Only worthy of anything was uncharted 4. NMS and Order get votes for nice trailers. Have not seen much of indies that I was hopeing for. Hopefully Gamescom saves us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom