• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2015 Awards

Radec

Well deserved for Horizon.

It's ridiculous going against TLG, FF7R, UC4, Fallout 4, MGS5 and still manages to take #1 with a huge lead.

Alo0oy

Banned
So happy Horizon is #1, so well deserved, it's great to see a fresh new IP get so much attention, I'm happy Uncharted 4 is #2 as well, it looked phenomenal.

But where's Dark Souls 3? You're slipping, gaf.

nib95

Banned
7Z5YPAi.jpg

Guerilla Games must be over the moon. Game has been getting amazing praise, and given the insane pedigree of games that were at the show this year, what a time for Horizon to shine. Now for them to bunker down and deliver.

? Can you link that? I was not aware Kagari had commented on it at all.

Is she sure? That would be a pretty monumental get for Sony if true.

Sure, here you go:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=168200869&highlight=#post168200869
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=168293519&highlight=#post168293519

Grimløck;169365650 said:
ff7:remake is too big for it to be exclusive. there's no way SE is going to limit its sales to one platform. besides, ff is associated with the sony brand now; it's going to sell more on the ps4--there's no reason for sony to try and lock up exclusivity knowing it's going to move negligible xbos.

sony fans get to play it first anyway. who gives a shit if it comes to other platforms later?

The Xbone simply isn't a viable platform for JRPGs, FF Type-0's abysmal sales on it proved that. And Sony's helping develop the game, like SFV.

A PC port after the PS4 version would make a lot of sense though.

RibMan

Congratulations to Guerrilla Games. Horizon had a fantastic debut that left me extremely excited to see more. The last time I felt this way was when I watched the debut for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Well-deserved win.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think the winner has the most potential by far in the top 5! Will be super exciting to see what that thing turns in to

the fuck voted for Playstation Vue A la Carte though? xD

She said that if you want to play FF7 remake at least within a decade from now get it on ps4.

FF7 remake confirmed 2025 PS4

wapplew

So happy Horizon is #1, so well deserved, it's great to see a fresh new IP get so much attention, I'm happy Uncharted 4 is #2 as well, it looked phenomenal.

Ya, Shock to see a soul game not making top 10 on GAF. Maybe the leak ruined it, maybe Bloodborne still boiling.
No gameplay trailer hurt too.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ya, Shock to see a soul game so low on GAF. Maybe the leak ruined it, maybe Bloodborne still boiling.
No gameplay trailer hurt too.

No gameplay trailer is a kind of big deal atleast. We now know DS3 exists but I feel like it had a weak E3 presence.

Kinda shocked TLG only took 3, but I suppose it had hearty competition this year.

Horizon is a pretty gorgeous debut. Concept is excellent, visuals are stunning, and it just looks really enjoyable to play. Plus, you've got to love a new franchise that comes out the gate with a whole gameplay demo - rather than just a trailer.

Just Cause 3 not even cracking the top ten is a war crime.

RexNovis

Banned
No gameplay in addition to an incredibly short development turn around is throwing up a lot of red flags for me. As of now I m hihgly skeptical of the game and I doubt I am the only one.

Probably a Comcast costumer. Should of done the same tbh...

Ugh yes. Words cannot begin to express how happy I am that I don't have to deal with that company's perpetual bullshittery. Fuck them so much. I hope Vue and other IPTv services put them out of business forever. The world would be a much better place.

Sure, here you go:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=168200869&highlight=#post168200869
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=168293519&highlight=#post168293519

The Xbone simply isn't a viable platform for JRPGs, FF Type-0's abysmal sales on it proved that. And Sony's helping develop the game, like SFV.

A PC port after the PS4 version would make a lot of sense though.

Whelp thats that then. Seems pretty cut and dry and I know better than to question Kagari. I already learned my lesson on that front. I also completely agree that it makes almost no sense from a business standpoint to spend valuable time and resources porting a JRPG to the XB1 when they seem to fall flat on the system with infinitesimally small tie ratios. I was not aware that Sony was helping to develop the FFVII remake. That is interesting to hear. Of all the titles for Square to throw their full funding and talent at I would assume it would be the garuntted money maker that is FFVII Remake. Doesn't really make sense that they are depending heavily on outside support but then again this is Square Enix not much they do makes sense.

FFVII surprisingly low =X

Anyway, glad to see NieR there.

Hopefully that series takes off now that Platinum is helping with development
(AHAHAHAHAHAHA)
... seriously, I hope so.

Awesome.

FFVII surprisingly low =X

Anyway, glad to see NieR there.

Hopefully that series takes off now that Platinum is helping with development
(AHAHAHAHAHAHA)
... seriously, I hope so.

I think it did pretty well since a number of the people who didn't put it on their lists basically said the main reason they didn't was that there wasn't gameplay yet.

Yeah, so glad to see a new Nier, or really just a new game from that team again so quickly in general, did not see that coming.

Game4life

Banned
That is interesting to hear. Of all the titles for Square to throw their full funding and talent at I would assume it would be the garuntted money maker that is FFVII Remake. Doesn't really make sense that they are depending heavily on outside support but then again this is Square Enix not much they do makes sense.

No of trailer views for Final Fantasy XV reveal at E3 playstation account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUSXub_ypU

No of trailer views for Final Fantasy 7 remake reveal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

To think they needed this much goading for a remake. Square Enix has no clue most of the time.

Whelp thats that then. Seems pretty cut and dry and I know better than to question Kagari. I already learned my lesson on that front. I also completely agree that it makes almost no sense from a business standpoint to spend valuable time and resources porting a JRPG to the XB1 when they seem to fall flat on the system with infinitesimally small tie ratios. I was not aware that Sony was helping to develop the FFVII remake. That is interesting to hear. Of all the titles for Square to throw their full funding and talent at I would assume it would be the garuntted money maker that is FFVII Remake. Doesn't really make sense that they are depending heavily on outside support but then again this is Square Enix not much they do makes sense.

I’m no insider, but I think the fact that Sony intends to clarify the details regarding FFVII’s exclusivity BEFORE the game comes out, imo, lends a pretty strong credence to Kagari’s statement.

Because since when is Sony so “nice” & will go out of their way to tell XB1 owners how long they’ll need to wait before their exclusivity period lapses before the game is released?

You inform the details of your exclusivity before the game is out when it benefits you. If it doesn’t, (aka Tomb Raider’s rumoured 4-6 months exclusivity ), you do everything in your power to not acknowledge that timed factor until say… 1-2 months before the exclusivity lapses. (because need to start marketing the late SKU)

Now they just have to show us that Horizon reall looks like the game they showed us.
Congrats.
Overall a very tough competition. Many games would have charted much better if this E3 would not have been this crazy. (I look especially at you, Cuphead...)

Grimløck;169365650 said:
ff7:remake is too big for it to be exclusive. there's no way SE is going to limit its sales to one platform. besides, ff is associated with the sony brand now; it's going to sell more on the ps4--there's no reason for sony to try and lock up exclusivity knowing it's going to move negligible xbos.

sony fans get to play it first anyway. who gives a shit if it comes to other platforms later?

Well it could honestly be the type of game to get people to buy a PS4. For those on the fence it might be a big deal. I am not sure how it will go to be honest. All we know right now is that it is releasing first on PS4 whatever that means. I think it is up in the air, but I expect it for other platforms due to the reasoning you highlighted. It is going to sell more on PS4 and it will sell more on PC than Xbone I reckon. PS4 and PC are most likely at the moment, but wouldnt be surprised if it hit Xbone.

Game4life

Banned
Now they just have to show us that Horizon reall looks like the game they showed us.
Congrats.
Overall a very tough competition. Many games would have charted much better if this E3 would not have been this crazy. (I look especially at you, Cuphead...)

Cuphead seems so good. I hope they market the shit out of it. I think it is going to be a very special game.

EGM1966

Thanks OP - nice thread.

Forgot to post but I can see (slight tweaking of position of top 3 aside) is just be another confirming the majority trend vote anyway.

Sony have to be pleased a key enthusiast site and associated demographic has that view currently.

MS should note that the current content being shown for their key franchises (Forza aside which showed well and got good reaction) wasn't exciting. I think the results also show impact of weaker previous instalments (Halo 4 and Judgement) on certain franchises. Hopefully MS take note and focus on getting things back on track.

Quite the E3 for surprises and reveals though.

Alo0oy

Banned
Grimløck;169365650 said:

The 500k it will sell on Xbox or 800k on PC would be pretty negligible compared to how much it's going to sell on PS4. I'd be happy if the game comes out on all platforms since everybody deserves to play it, but I doubt SE is gonna sweat the minimal sales it was going to get on other platforms anyway.

RexNovis

Banned
I’m no insider, but I think the fact that Sony intends to clarify the details regarding FFVII’s exclusivity BEFORE the game comes out, imo, lends a pretty strong credence to Kagari’s statement.

Because since when is Sony so “nice” & will go out of their way to tell XB1 owners how long they’ll need to wait before their exclusivity period lapses before the game is released?

You inform the details of your exclusivity before the game is out when it benefits you. If it doesn’t, (aka Tomb Raider’s rumoured 4-6 months exclusivity ), you do everything in your power to not acknowledge that timed factor until say… 1-2 months before the exclusivity lapses. (because need to start marketing the late SKU)

Thats a good point. I guess it just kind of blows my mind that of all the projects they are working on they pick FFVII Remake to ask for outside help. It seems .nuts to me but like I said it wouldnt exactly surprise me given their penchant for dumb business moves (ie RotTR)

Man

Well deserved Guerrilla! Horizon looks like the IP the studio is worthy of.

My top three picks equals NeoGAFs top three though slightly re-shuffled.

Like others excited for FFVII I didn't give it top honors due to no gameplay (otherwise it would surely be my #1).

Congratulations to the talented folks at Guerilla.

Horizon was a clear cut above everything else shown at E3 imo.

I've loved that studio since KZ2 and it's heartening to see them got a lot more universal recognition with their new IP.

This, UC4 and TLG were easily the best three showings too.

Ishan

Sony has been blatantly clear with it's marketing very clear terms if first on ps4 console exclusive or console debut ... You know exactly what you're getting with sony messaging ... Anything thing beyond is an extra bonus . But sony has just given us a guarantee that ffviii r is on ps4 atleast a couple of months at worst and probably
8-9 months if not more before it's on any other platform
(Pc/xbox etc)

Man

Final Fantasy 7 Remake, The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3 all presented in a Best of show list. It still blows my mind they exist.

Thats a good point. I guess it just kind of blows my mind that of all the projects they are working on they pick FFVII Remake to ask for outside help. It seems .nuts to me but like I said it wouldnt exactly surprise me given their penchant for dumb business moves (ie RotTR)

Any help on a huge project like that is a good thing, especially when it lines up perfectly with the platform that the vast majority of sales are going to be on anyway. The Xbone has proven itself to be near irrelevant when it comes to JRPGs, so they're not really missing out on much. It's nothing like the Tomb Raider mess.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Thanks for making this benny_a, the work you put into these threads is beyond amazing!

Man, Sony destroyed this year, out of fucking nowhere, too.
All of the top 10 games are on PS4 except Mario Maker, maybe it is time to snag a cheap second hand Wii-U one of these days.
Congrats to Guerrilla, what a mindblowing reveal it was.

Awesome! My vots for the TOP3 were:

1. HORIZON - Zero Dawn
2. Uncharted 4
3. The Last Guardian

And yes, it's exactly how it ended :)
So happy for Guerrilla Games and their new IP.
Uncharted 4 directly behind and TLG at 3 is perfect.

So damn good!
Congratulations Sony Computer Entertainment. Well deserved.

Cuphead seems so good. I hope they market the shit out of it. I think it is going to be a very special game.

I see it in the same league as Ori. Console exclusive, but also on PC. I would love to know how Ori sold on Xbox.
Marketingwise I don't know how much they would do for a AA game or big indie. It's not Haloforzagears at the end of the day...

Hoo-doo

Banned
I think Cuphead will lose a lot of it's appeal once people realize it's just a boss rush game.

It looks better than any game i've ever seen, but if that really is all there is then i'm not really looking forward to play it. I think a lot of people still think it's a full sidescrolling platformer.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Deserved winner for Horizon, that game looked great. However, I have no idea how FF7 got onto that list when they only showed a cutscene and the game is years away. Anyways, was a fun E3 with lots of cool games and some even better meltdowns.

Dat PlayStation domination. Just goes to show, despite the efforts of some trying to downplay The Last Guardian's showing by claiming it was boring and still looked like a PS3, there were many more that came away impressed and optimistic about the end result. That game will no doubt be the equal of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus.

I think Cuphead will lose a lot of it's appeal once people realize it's just a boss rush game.

It looks better than any game i've ever seen, but if that really is all there is then i'm not really looking forward to play it. I think a lot of people still think it's a full sidescrolling platformer.

Found that out and i dropped it from my list. I was expecting a platformer, but then people said it was actually a boss rush game in the IGN awards thread.

I cant stand boss rush games.

They've always been clear about that to be fair and it's one of the reason I'm so excited about it. We have donzens of platformers released every year, but a challenging Alien Soldie style game with deep mechanics, including dashing, parrying, supers and EX moves? Gimme, gimme, gimme.

People expecting a platformer with full side scrolling levels with these hand drawn graphics are insane. This takes them long enough as it is, that would take them fifty years to make!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Glad to see Battlefront so high. The backlash from the trailer 2 months ago was ridiculous.

Uncharted 4 may have won if people had seen the full demo, from what I hear it was supposed to be stunning.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Found that out and i dropped it from my list. I was expecting a platformer but then people said it was actually a boss rush game in the IGN awards thread. I cant stand boss rush games.

Yeah, I had the same thing watching the Giantbomb E3 day one recap show.
They say it's indeed absolutely stunning visually and even the audio is all done with voice. It's unreal how amazing the presentation of this game is.

But Alex thought it really wasn't much fun to play, it was apparently also balls-to-the-wall hard so that might influence things as well.

Okay time to admit it guys. How many of you thought any GG game was ever going to top any voting list on NeoGAF?
Guerrilla Games is an awesome studio.
All they needed was the right genre for their game.
FPS are utterly boring these days. An Open-World RPG with Guerrilla's tech?
-----> HORIZON
And it looks phenomenal!

Game4life

Banned
Guerrilla Games is an awesome studio.
All they needed was the right genre for their game.
FPS are utterly boring these days. An Open-World RPG with Guerrilla's tech?
-----> HORIZON
And it looks phenomenal!

lol did you also lose a bet to Verendus? Avatar change?

LeonSPBR

It isn't a plataformer... really??

The game looks nice but I thought it was a plataformer rather than a boss rush game... well my desire for the game has fallen thanks to that.

Top Bottom