• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

-Arcadia-

Banned
I kind of Sakurai’s next video to just be a tour of his house.

I never left MTV Cribs behind. Lol. Yes, please.

Chief needs to be in a good game after Halo 4 and 5. Smash might be his only chance.

I'd again be shocked if it didn't happen. Being in Smash is pure prestige, and Microsoft's relationship with Nintendo is so good, it's ironically much better than some third parties.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I remember these few years ago:
Sakurai’s Surprising Storage Skills Part 1
Sakurai’s Surprising Storage Skills Part 2

I don’t understand how he has enough time to play all of those games.

Everything about him, including twenty minute long looks at menus and breaking down every character in the middle of an E3 presentation, makes so much more sense now.

I hope he does have plenty of time to enjoy them now, though. I really hope Smash DLC has been more like a 9-5 job for Sakurai, rather than him having to work himself so hard.

Mario 35 could use a bit more....crazy shit happening imo. The idea is cool and all but these rounds probably take a bit too long before you make it to the end. Instead of just more enemies they should go more ballistic with environment hazards, poison shrooms etc. as time progresses. Tetris 99 has this happen kinda automatically the longer you can stick around but Mario 35 not so much. Not bad at all though.

Eevee86

I wonder if Steve is the reason wave 2 is expected to take so much longer than the first round of DLC. Made it sound like it took a lot of extra effort to make him work in all the stages.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
New Mario Kart Live Overview Trailer

---
If I turn off the music and loop 0:40-0:44 I can imagine what its going to be like to drive the kart around my living room by myself.

Last edited:
Mario 35 could use a bit more....crazy shit happening imo. The idea is cool and all but these rounds probably take a bit too long before you make it to the end. Instead of just more enemies they should go more ballistic with environment hazards, poison shrooms etc. as time progresses. Tetris 99 has this happen kinda automatically the longer you can stick around but Mario 35 not so much. Not bad at all though.

I don't know, I've had a couple insane finishes to matches. Like it was down to 2 people and I'm in 2-4 nearing the end when 2 BOWSERS appear on the screen right before the actual Bowser. I somehow got through, took damage, and ran through while damage-invincible, thus throwing the Bowser(s) back to my opponent and winning. It was nuts. So far I'm enjoying it, especially as a free game.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Btw, at this point, Everyone is here, is more a literal statement of fact, than a reference to old Smash fighters.

This game's roster is absolutely ridiculous. It is one big, magical love letter to gaming, past and present, complete with the greatest remix soundtrack ever.
Toejam & Earl for SSBU?

Marchen-Forest-Mylne-and-the-Forest-Gift_2020_10-02-20_003.jpg

Some sort of dungeon crawler RPG that launches in January for the Switch, looks cute, never heard of it before.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I wasn’t sure about Mario 35, but watching a stream, it looks like so much fun. I actually love that all the enemies you defeat go to other people’s screens, including Bowsers, and wacky combinations like flooding 1-1 with fish. Also that it’s a battle to the end thing, not a race.

Tetris 99 wasn’t my thing at all. I play Tetris to relax, have some personal fun, and challenge my best. Having to play against somebody who has never stepped outside in their lives, and has the virgin wizard powers of instant thought control of Tetris, was really frustrating, as well as some of the rules not being clear.

This looks a lot more approachable. Looking at this, I feel like I can play it without a screen of garbage blocks suddenly being dumped on me, ten seconds in, and no explanation of why my combos aren’t doing the same to others.

...I still have so much saltiness over Tetris 99, lol.

Really looking forward to playing this myself when I have a minute today. Of all the Mario 35 stuff, this seemed the weirdest/least appealing, but I kind of get it now. Just a shame we probably can’t set up a Gaf server and have all of us compete, hahaha.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I wasn’t sure about Mario 35, but watching a stream, it looks like so much fun. I actually love that all the enemies you defeat go to other people’s screens, including Bowsers, and wacky combinations like flooding 1-1 with fish. Also that it’s a battle to the end thing, not a race.

Tetris 99 wasn’t my thing at all. I play Tetris to relax, have some personal fun, and challenge my best. Having to play against somebody who has never stepped outside in their lives, and has the virgin wizard powers of instant thought control of Tetris, was really frustrating, as well as some of the rules not being clear.

This looks a lot more approachable. Looking at this, I feel like I can play it without a screen of garbage blocks suddenly being dumped on me, ten seconds in, and no explanation of why my combos aren’t doing the same to others.

...I still have so much saltiness over Tetris 99, lol.

Really looking forward to playing this myself when I have a minute today. Of all the Mario 35 stuff, this seemed the weirdest/least appealing, but I kind of get it now. Just a shame we probably can’t set up a Gaf server and have all of us compete, hahaha.

Tetris 99 is the GOAT. Get out.

Mr Hyde

Finished Paper Mario, the Origami King. Got a little tired of the combat in the end, it was kind of repetitive and lackluster, with little to no variety in the way you engaged in the fights. Boss battles however was very good and enjoyable.

Outside of that, I'd say Paper Mario is an excellent game, very fun and stylish, with loads of charm, witty dialogue and humorous banter between all of the characters. It looks and plays great, both docked and handheld, but that is to be expected from a first party title. It's a creative game, that's for sure.

Paper Mario is up there with my favorite exclusives on Switch, topped only by Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain and Breath of the Wild.

I've had my Switch now for about 2 years, and it's got me thinking, that I've missed out on a lot of great games from Nintendo. It was always something I said I could live without, that it wasn't a big deal missing out, but now I realize the quality and sheer fun that most Nintendo games are blessed with.

I can't see myself going forward in this medium without Nintendo exclusives. The Switch has certainly been an eye opener and it feels like Nintendo has been on top of their game for a long time, even during Wii U, which games I feel fortunate to be able to play since I didn't own the console itself.

In short, Switch revitalized my love for Nintendo.

Yup, I played this a while yesterday and found it quite fun (I never got into Tetris myself). I won 2/6 matches I believe, and it is quite satisfying to get a star / fire flower and send a stream of enemies to your competitors. I think I'll be going back to this quite a bit - I don't like direct competition, but this isn't really that - as long as you play your game well you'll win ... eventually.

gtrwll

Just finished Trails in the Sky on PC. That game would be a perfect fit for Switch. Wonder if we’ll see more games ported in the vein of Ys Origin. That reminds me, wasn’t it just released?

Andyliini

Just finished Trails in the Sky on PC. That game would be a perfect fit for Switch. Wonder if we’ll see more games ported in the vein of Ys Origin. That reminds me, wasn’t it just released?
Yes, it was released a few days ago. I actually got it, but have not played it yet. It will also be my first Ys game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Yeah, but it's the DotEmu port which, as I recall, was supposed to be pretty bad. You should probably just stick to PC for that one.

gtrwll

Yeah, but it's the DotEmu port which, as I recall, was supposed to be pretty bad. You should probably just stick to PC for that one.

Good to know. Not that I would have time for it anyway, got 4 Trails games to go before I’ll continue the Cold Steel arc from the 3rd game.

Lillie

when will amazon have pokemon sword and shield with expansions up for preorder (releasing nov 15)?

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I dunno how bogus (or not) that is, and there are some announcements that I'm like positive would be in a Direct in October that aren't listed there.... but I can confirm that some of those things are real.

Top Bottom