• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Jooxed

Gold Member
At first I thought they were showing Digimon, the animation style was similar to first Digimon movie.

Well kind of a weak showing for Nintendo, I thought for sure we would see one of their big titles though I am super excited for Bravely 2

Shaqazooloo

I didn't really have any expectations, so I can't say I'm disappointed with what was or wasn't shown, I'm just glad I didn't go out of my way to watch it.

Moses85

After Microsoft revealed that the next Xbox will have 12 TF, I ask myself what games the switch will get in 2021. the gap is extreme! Even a Switch pro will be weaker than weak compared to PS5 and Xbox Series X.

It’ll get those great games the other two will never have. Nintendo games.

And I am absolutely fine with that.

Also, just remove raytracing and other nextgen effects and there's no issue porting games to Switch. Japanese developers, unless insane, will develop for Switch anyway. Exceptions being Capcpom and a few Square Enix/BandaiNamco-titles. But games like Dragon Quest 12 should absolutely release for Switch.

It's not as bad as you think. Plus western developers might start porting older games (Mass Effect trilogy pls!).

yeah this is super awesome thank you for
posting. This was a great game besides the sewer level...

I haven't played yet (Three Houses is just gigantic lol), but I'm very happy to see NLG doing well. They're incredibly talented and a somewhat overlooked studio. Incredible to think that Nintendo could be seeing two back to back 10 million sellers being released less than 20 days apart, makes me wonder if that has ever happened.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Also, just remove raytracing and other nextgen effects and there's no issue porting games to Switch.

That is 100% not the case. As it is, it’s a struggle to port over other current games, and retain their visual identity.

When this becomes the standard?

It’s over. These games are going to be made at a level that the Switch has no hope of imitating, without stripping games down to an unrecognizable level, and maybe not even then.

That said, I’m sure PS4/Xbox One and last-gen games will continue to make appearances on the platform, as well as Nintendo’s perennially lovable exclusives, and that’s what most of us signed up for.

Sometimes, I wonder if Nintendo would look into streaming to get those ports, but that has it’s own problems right now.

FStubbs

That is 100% not the case. As it is, it’s a struggle to port over other current games, and retain their visual identity.

When this becomes the standard?

It’s over. These games are going to be made at a level that the Switch has no hope of imitating, without stripping games down to an unrecognizable level, and maybe not even then.

That said, I’m sure PS4/Xbox One and last-gen games will continue to make appearances on the platform, as well as Nintendo’s perennially lovable exclusives, and that’s what most of us signed up for.

Sometimes, I wonder if Nintendo would look into streaming to get those ports, but that has it’s own problems right now.

I think what Nintendo is gambling on - and with some merit - is that the amount of budget necessary to get to that level will only be available to huge AAA games that aren't coming to Switch now anyway.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think what Nintendo is gambling on - and with some merit - is that the amount of budget necessary to get to that level will only be available to huge AAA games that aren't coming to Switch now anyway.

That may be an interesting possibility, but the Switch definitely is getting huge AAA games, having been playing Witcher 3 recently (really having fun with this btw).

My thinking is that third parties will go for broke, quite literally in some cases, on the next-gen hardware. It’s what they’ve been doing every generation for as long as modern gaming has existed, and despite the mounting reasons to stop, I’m not sure they’re going to change tack now.

For what it’s worth, I think creating less demanding games (both hardware and budget), could be a really good strategy, cashing in on the Switch and the next-gen platforms with both a great looking portable game on Switch, and enhanced visuals on the other two.

I’m just not sure they’re going to do it. My expectations for third parties to do things that kind of make sense, could help them, and create whole new business opportunities on Nintendo platforms, have hit a real low over the years. If it’s not a port they can farm out, I’m not sure they care.

Big-budget is the beginning and end of gaming for them.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
been playing Witcher 3 [on Switch] recently

hCDtAmO.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
Blah, you’re no fun. 😋

Okay, I really think we should be responsible and get the thread back to normal.

The LM3 DLC looks cool. I’m with Danjin44 Danjin44 however. I’d love more actual single player stuff, but maybe this is a nice incentive to finally get into Scarescraper.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I’m debating picking up Tokyo Mirage Sessions next month. I didn’t play the original as I wasn’t a Wii U owner Mista Mista thoughts on this game? Did you play it?

When are Nintendo going to make another Mario Kart? Or at least do some DLC for 8 Deluxe (or have they and I'm just unaware)?

Last edited:
When are Nintendo going to make another Mario Kart? Or at least do some DLC for 8 Deluxe (or have they and I'm just unaware)?

This is full on bullshit fan theory, but I have a feeling they were counting on that rumored Retro Star Fox racer to do more kart on the Switch. When Retro had to drop everything to work on Prime 4, it left a void that could be filled up with a Mario Kart spinoff of sorts. I don't think they will do 9 this gen. This is my uneducated guess at least.

This is full on bullshit fan theory, but I have a feeling they were counting on that rumored Retro Star Fox racer to do more kart on the Switch. When Retro had to drop everything to work on Prime 4, it left a void that could be filled up with a Mario Kart spinoff of sorts. I don't think they will do 9 this gen. This is my uneducated guess at least.

That's too bad, but Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is pretty much perfection personified.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member

Yeah there is no way they will do another Mario Kart, There are rumors of an F-Zero though.

Mista

Banned
I’m debating picking up Tokyo Mirage Sessions next month. I didn’t play the original as I wasn’t a Wii U owner Mista Mista thoughts on this game? Did you play it?
Haven’t played it but got friends that likes it. Can’t really recommend bro, sorry.

Top Bottom