• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

cabbage5k2

Anybody think we'll see Metroid Prime 4 at the game awards or is it still aways off?

Unless Nintendo wants to do a trailer with no real footage, no way. The game just restarted development this year.

Something like BotW 2, though? I could see it. Nintendo’s been premiering stuff at The Game Awards for quite some time now.

Current rumors have it that that's what going to happen, as they'll use the gamer awards to begin a year long advertisement campaign
for a fall release of the game. Mind, this supposedly comes from King Zell and I haven't read his original post about it.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to buy this game. There's just no way the game isn't heavily censored in the west :/

lol scantily clad anime women are really a dealbreaker for you, eh? This is about the second time you’ve mentioned it in the thread

-Arcadia-

Banned
He probably doesn't want to support censorship. I'm kind of in the same boat if it gets does get censored.

Same, in general. Scantily-clad women aren’t my thing, obviously, but I do want artistic expression of all types to exist, and for all kinds of fans to get the games they want.

I’m glad people are speaking out against censorship and showing that many audiences don’t want this.

lol scantily clad anime women are really a dealbreaker for you, eh? This is about the second time you’ve mentioned it in the thread

I don't care one iota about the specific content. I care about developers being able create what they want and I care about getting the original vision of the game and not something that was changed to satisfy authoritarian puritans.

That doesn't only go for sexual content btw, although I find that most frustrating, because sex and sexy designs absolutely have their place in regular video games, it's nothing to giggle about like a 13 yo virgin or to condemn like a religious fanatic. It's mostly sexy designs, we have those in all of media, stop enforcing special rules for games.

Ofc, there's hope nothing will be censored in this game. But I'm doubtful :(

DESTROYA

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to buy this game. There's just no way the game isn't heavily censored in the west :/
Actually Nintendo has been pretty good with censorship , it’s more of a publisher thing like with TMS#FE Encore .
Its not like Nintendo is directing everyone to take make things tamer .

Airola

Wii U was a pretty good console in terms of software.

And it's still miles ahead of Switch what comes to Virtual Console stuff.
I'm not going to get rid of my Wii U because I have 110 Virtual Console games right there available to play anytime I want. Plus on the Wii Mode I have 27 VC games on top of that.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I'm not going to get rid of my Wii U because I have 110 Virtual Console games right there available to play anytime I want. Plus on the Wii Mode I have 27 VC games on top of that.

yeah I am really disappointed we haven’t gotten anymore snes games yet

JimiNutz

Banned

What happened with VC was outrageous.
The fact that you can't play the 110 games that you purchased on Switch is pretty unfair and would put me off buying Nintendo games digitally.

Airola

What happened with VC was outrageous.
The fact that you can't play the 110 games that you purchased on Switch is pretty unfair and would put me off buying Nintendo games digitally.

Had that kind of "backward compatibility" been possible, I would've bought a Switch immediately.
I still haven't got myself a Switch and I currently have no plans to get one.
I'm glad that I at least can play those games as long as my system still works. With Switch whatever old NES or SNES games you can play are for you to play only if you continue subscribing. Sure, it doesn't cost much but I'd rather pay a bit more and have the ability to play the games forever than pay less and get to play only for a timed period. VC on Switch really was a disappointment, and to some extent the Switch itself was a disappointment... And that comes from someone who loved Wii, 3DS and Wii U and still defends all of them.

Switch has a good amount of other old games though, but a lot of them are also on Steam, so I'm not compelled to get a switch for them either.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Why on earth would they be making Super Metroid remake (let alone Fusion / Zero Mission)? Those game are timeless and don't need remakes at all. I'd much rather play completely new 2D game.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Why on earth would they be making Super Metroid remake (let alone Fusion / Zero Mission)? Those game are timeless and don't need remakes at all. I'd much rather play completely new 2D game.

Same. Can you even make Super Metroid better? That game is as evocative today as it was the day of release, and the game design is regularly acknowledged as the peak of gaming.

It’s not like Metroid or Metroid 2, where there was tons of room for improvement and change.

I’d much rather have a new 2D Metroid. The fact that I was a kid twenty years ago, looking forward to what they set up for Metroid V, and we still haven’t got it, is insane.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Same. Can you even make Super Metroid better? That game is as evocative today as it was the day of release, and the game design is regularly acknowledged as the peak of gaming.

It’s not like Metroid or Metroid 2, where there was tons of room for improvement and change.

I’d much rather have a new 2D Metroid. The fact that I was a kid twenty years ago, looking forward to what they set up for Metroid V, and we still haven’t got it, is insane.

For someone new to Metroid would the prime trilogy be the best place to start?

Metroid Prime 1
Super Metroid
Zero Mission

Whatever order you play them is fine.

I would play Super Metroid first because it feels a bit stiff when compared to Zero Mission. I would also play it before Prime because Prime's design hit you harder when you have previous experience with the series.

So I'd go Super, then Zero Mission, then Fusion and then Prime.

-Arcadia-

Banned
For someone new to Metroid would the prime trilogy be the best place to start?

That’s probably a matter of some debate.

I feel like Prime is a really good starting place, because it encapsulates so much of what Metroid is, is in contention with Super for the best game in the series, and still has a pretty modern presentation, where the entire world of Metroid comes to life in incredible detail.

It’s also a little friendlier with its general hints on where to go, but not too friendly, just enough to give you the essence of Metroid, without the frustration to a newcomer. Prime can kind of give you the ‘sea legs’ to enjoy the rest of the series.

For what it’s worth, Prime and Fusion were my first Metroid games (same day release, and it was amazing), and I’ve been a mega-fan of the series ever since.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Getting to be that time of year again, this guy has gotten a couple things right in the past. Though I’ll have to dig up what they were

Finally the Retro developed Star Fox adventure / racing game that was rumoured for almost a year?

No Mario Kart 9 on Switch is disapointing yet expected considering MK8D will probably sell 30 million units. MK9 is also the perfect game to keep for the launch of the next gen Switch.

Sorry for dp.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Finally the Retro developed Star Fox adventure / racing game that was rumoured for almost a year?

No Mario Kart 9 on Switch is disapointing yet expected considering MK8D will probably sell 30 million units. MK9 is also the perfect game to keep for the launch of the next gen Switch.

Sorry for dp.

it seemed so weird that was the biggest rumor and we never saw anything about it. I’m excited to see what they have

Or notice how new is in quotation marks ? Return of F-Zero?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Anyone else still love Brain Age?

We’re pretty close to that coming out, and I’m looking forward to it. The included official stylus (so hopefully a little nicer/better) will be a nice bonus as well — I’m actually holding off on Mario Maker just for that reason.

Jooxed

Gold Member

We’re pretty close to that coming out, and I’m looking forward to it. The included official stylus (so hopefully a little nicer/better) will be a nice bonus as well — I’m actually holding off on Mario Maker just for that reason.

I didn’t play the old brain age but I’m definitely picking this one up I’ve heard a lot of good things, I kinda fell off with Nintendo after the gamecube era and only picked up their handhelds for Pokémon and rpgs: however this switch is a fantastic system and has made me try a lot of things I never would have before

Jooxed

Gold Member

Also off topic but I’ve been wondering .. is your avatar Samus or someone else ? I’ve been watching an anime and it looked like someone from there so just curious lol

-Arcadia-

Banned
Also off topic but I’ve been wondering .. is your avatar Samus or someone else ? I’ve been watching an anime and it looked like someone from there so just curious lol

Lol, just something I picked up in a hurry to sign up with. It is Samus, a little more visible in the full image.

Shaqazooloo

Updated to say Dante is deconfirmed, from Papagenos and Sabi

What is everyone playing on Switch this weekend? Im still working on Collection on Mana and Pokemon Sword and Shield
I'm addicted to Pokémon right now and can't stop.

I want to play Luigi's Mansion 3 and Finish my 2nd Fire Emblem: Three houses playthough but Pokémon has me sucked in..

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I'm addicted to Pokémon right now and can't stop.

I want to play Luigi's Mansion 3 and Finish my 2nd Fire Emblem: Three houses playthough but Pokémon has me sucked in..

My backlog is so huge right now... my priorities are so out of whack I have 62 switch games and I have beat about 4. The worst part is I keep buying lengthy RPG's as well

I just beat the 4th gym and I keep changing my team in Pokemon so I go back and re level etc, I really enjoy most of the new mons.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Mario Maker 2 update looks dope.

Makes me wonder if this vid was originally planned for a direct since the direct guy does the voice over.

Yeah this looks really cool. I am excited to see what kind of stuff people come up with for Link. Though and with his whole move set is fantastic

Top Bottom