• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I want that long-rumoured Metroid Prime Trilogy HD collection on my Switch. I started playing through the Wii version a while back, but I would love to play it on the Switch instead.

I assume they are waiting to release it closer to when Metroid Prime 4 is ending development to build hype, but I don’t want to wait that long.

Please Nintendo!!
I hope they also implement proper aiming like every other fps game on earth

Jooxed

Gold Member
I got this serious feeling that we are going to get N64 games announced in the january direct.
Play OG majora's mask on the go.. that's the dream.

Waiting for your triumphant return my sweet boy

n64_quest_64_p_chsbal.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
-Arcadia- -Arcadia- Nate Drake is once again on Ree hyping up MPT hopefully for a January Direct or VGA?

Fingers crossed for either. I get that they probably want to use it as a hype tool for 4, but with three big games to get through. the absence of anything Metroid Prime in so long, and how big a deal having these on the Switch, remasters and portable, would be, releasing it quite a while before 4 comes out, would be fine to me.

Just let people fall in love with Metroid Prime again, and that’s all the hype you need for 4?

More on Tokyo Mirage Sessions from Mista Mista

More from me: It's the worst case of censorship since the European version of Probotector SNES. Don't support it. The fantastic looking Trials of Mana is releasing at the same time :]

Mista

Banned
More from me: It's the worst case of censorship since the European version of Probotector SNES. Don't support it. The fantastic looking Trials of Mana is releasing at the same time :]
The censoring in this one is kind of weird though. Some things might be censored in a cutscene but after the cutscene you can see it clearly not censored. Don’t know what’s going on

Jooxed

Gold Member
The censoring in this one is kind of weird though. Some things might be censored in a cutscene but after the cutscene you can see it clearly not censored. Don’t know what’s going on

As long as they aren't taking out huge parts of the game the lack of scantily clad anime women doesn't bother me, I would honestly just be in it more to experience the game play and story. I didn't pick up the Wii U I unfortunately skipped it. So I don't know what to expect from this

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I recently finished FE 3Houses GD route on Maddening and curious to see the story DLC for it.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I recently finished FE 3Houses GD route on Maddening and curious to see the story DLC for it.

I went GD also Claude is the best choice, though I did not play on maddening. It was my first Fire Emblem I really enjoyed the game. Have they said anything at all about what the story DLC will be?

Danjin44

I went GD also Claude is the best choice, though I did not play on maddening. It was my first Fire Emblem I really enjoyed the game. Have they said anything at all about what the story DLC will be?
I also really liked Claude, he was a great character and also really like Lysithea not just because she was great character but she was also the key beating some toughest battles on maddening mode.

As for story DLC, I honestly what’s gonna be, that’s why I’m curious about it. Would it too crazy to think it will all new route?

source.gif

Sorry for the double post Nintenbros, but just to point out that based Iwata would have been 60 years old today. He was far too awesome for this world and I still can't think about his untimely death without getting a bit emotional. You guys remember Reggie at the TGA? That was for real. Iwata was an icon, a visionary and more than anything a total bro.

F.

Jooxed

Gold Member
source.gif

Sorry for the double post Nintenbros, but just to point out that based Iwata would have been 60 years old today. He was far too awesome for this world and I still can't think about his untimely death without getting a bit emotional. You guys remember Reggie at the TGA? That was for real. Iwata was an icon, a visionary and more than anything a total bro.

F.

Double Posts are always welcome in the Nintendo thread. Especially when they are about Iwata, damn what an awesome dude. His presence is missed

F

Last edited:

Zannegan

Good. I keep meaning to play Rogue, but it's always on sale at the wrong time.

After dipping my toe into the AC series once every 3 games or so to see if the water's any warmer and having to sit through their little speeches about how they're murderers but with the hearts of Disney princesses, I'd really like to spend a game just killing assassins. Also, an actually morally gray character for the first time simce Altair will be refreshing.

And, I really did like 4 in spite of the hilarious Blackbeard characterization ("Med'ciiiiiines!" Lol).

Last edited:

McRazzle

-Arcadia- -Arcadia- Nate Drake is once again on Ree hyping up MPT hopefully for a January Direct or VGA?
Didn't Nate Drake get banned from Neogaf once for posting fake rumors ?
And it's not hard to predict a remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy when there's a new Metroid Prime on the way, it's always something anyone could predict or has already been mentioned somewhere else with his and Emily Rogers "rumors".

Jooxed

Gold Member
And it's not hard to predict a remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy when there's a new Metroid Prime on the way, it's always something anyone could predict or has already been mentioned somewhere else with his and Emily Rogers "rumors".

I have no idea, I was born from Resetera. You guys need to educate me on such things. Where I came from he’s regarded as a pretty relatable source and has a pretty good track record over there before I jumped over here.

Prime Trilogy might be a tricky one to predict because they'll have to completely rework the control scheme for these games and there's nothing stopping Nintendo from doing a quick remake of the first one and call it a day. If you're a hack reporter, it could blow up in your face.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Personally I would really like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X get a Switch port. The game deserves a bigger audience and would be sweet to use its online functionalities again. Fingers crossed for it on the next direct!

I have not played XC1 or XCX and I think i would have rather seen XCX , but i loved XC2..besides Tora

Last edited:

Mildudon

So what do people think the changes are for the Xenoblade 1 remaster to have japanese audio like the origianal?

Personally I would really like to see Xenoblade Chronicles X get a Switch port. The game deserves a bigger audience and would be sweet to use its online functionalities again. Fingers crossed for it on the next direct!

I don't think it's going to happen which is why we're getting a remaster of XC1.

One of monolith's executive producers was quoted back when XC2 launched saying that doing a port for XCX would take a massive amount of work to pull off and not to expect one.

I got banned from Rosetera because of that game (or because the mods are insane and don't allow speaking back against their agenda). i own it already on Wii U. I would have bought it a second time without the censorship and the DLC, but not if it's the same censored version again. I wouldn't have boykotted it when i didn't already own it though, it was a stupid decision and a cheap move (i think it's cheaper for them), but the game is still good.

I have no idea, I was born from Resetera. You guys need to educate me on such things. Where I came from he’s regarded as a pretty relatable source and has a pretty good track record over there before I jumped over here.

Everyone was wrong on Metroid prime Trilogy, i guess the Metroid Prime 4 problem was at fault and moved Trilogys Release back, or it was a hoax. As for Nate, he was more wrong than right when it comes to leaks afaik. Anyone remember the Pascal GPU for Switch? I won't say he doesn't know anything, he had a few hits too. Should be consumed with salt like many "insiders".

I have not played XC1 or XCX and I think i would have rather seen XCX , but i loved XC2..besides Tora

Xenoblade 1 is amazing and probably has the best story of the 3 games. It's a bit similiar to Xeno 2, but you will probably like it. XCX has less story but a big fantastic open world and very complicated systems, they can do that later. As the stories of Xeno 1 and 2 are somehow connected it's better to give Switch owners Xenoblade 1 first imo.

So what do people think the changes are for the Xenoblade 1 remaster to have japanese audio like the origianal?

Very high. You mean chances? Very high. At least i think and hope so.

I don't think it's going to happen which is why we're getting a remaster of XC1.

One of monolith's executive producers was quoted back when XC2 launched saying that doing a port for XCX would take a massive amount of work to pull off and not to expect one.

That was Takahashi himself. The director. At that time he probably already knew they were going to remake Xenoblade 1 first, so i wouldn't give that too much thought. It was in 2018 and he said it would cost big amounts of money. I guess if the Xeno 1 Remaster sells enough we will see X too at a later date.

Last edited:
I got banned from Rosetera because of that game (or because the mods are insane and don't allow speaking back against their agenda). i own it already on Wii U. I would have bought it a second time without the censorship and the DLC, but not if it's the same censored version again. I wouldn't have boykotted it when i didn't already own it though, it was a stupid decision and a cheap move (i think it's cheaper for them), but the game is still good.

It sucks extra for me, because I boycotted the WiiU-version, but had decided to get the Japanese Switch-version, since I'm farther with my Kanji-skills now and would have used it as a chance to improve my jaw. But now the Japanese version is censored, too ...

It sucks extra for me, because I boycotted the WiiU-version, but had decided to get the Japanese Switch-version, since I'm farther with my Kanji-skills now and would have used it as a chance to improve my jaw. But now the Japanese version is censored, too ...

Yeah, i can fully understand your "anger" (sorry if some of my wording is off, i'm not a native english speaker), honestly i really thought they would use the uncensored version after Xenoblade 2s openness. It's dumb and sad together, the game could have used every sold copy. And if it flops like the Wii U version Atlus will think Switchowners aren't interested in such RPGs from them...

Last edited:
The Pikmin 3 rumor has me slightly annoyed.

Can we get Pikmin trilogy HD? I know the answer is no, but god damn Nintendo throw us a bone here. If not, how about Pikmin 1 + 2 for a decent price.

Edit: there is no way that 3D world won't make it over. Capt toad is already on the switch and I'm pretty sure those games ran on the same engine. Unpopular opinion: 3d world > odyysee

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
The Pikmin 3 rumor has me slightly annoyed.

Can we get Pikmin trilogy HD? I know the answer is no, but god damn Nintendo throw us a bone here. If not, how about Pikmin 1 + 2 for a decent price.

Edit: there is no way that 3D world won't make it over. Capt toad is already on the switch and I'm pretty sure those games ran on the same engine. Unpopular opinion: 3d world > odyysee

Agreed I enjoyed Odyssey but I thought it was too short and missing something for me, and I wasn't a fan of the broodals

Since this is a hype thread, I want to make some hype predictions for the January Direct. Let's do this:

First Party:
- Xenoblade DE shown (newly added content)
- but hey, Monolith Soft hasn't just been working on a HD remaster: Here's the new medieval fantasy action-rpg ip!
- BotW-gameplay (trailer for Game Awards)
- new Smash Bros DLC
- new Star Fox-game, basically furry-Gesrs of War with vehicles (it's time)
- 3D-Kirby game
- fuckin' Donkey Kong 3 from RetroStudios (completing their trilogy)

Third Party:
- Kingdom Hearts Collections for Switch
- Final Fantasy 13 for Switch
- Nier Collection for all systems incl. Switch
- Resident Evil 7 Switch (nobody wants this)
- Code Vein Switch (Bandai Namco sigh ...)
- Hatsune Miku Mega Mix-release date
- Mass Effect Trilogy Switch (full remake for PS4/Xbox announced a week later 🐧)
- Red Dead Redemption 1 for Switch (outta nowhere!)
- Last chance for Monster Hunter Switch. If it's not here, it'll be time already for Capcom to hype nextgen MonHun
- Endless Ocean 3 (because I want it)

Yeah, i can fully understand your "anger" (sorry if some of my wording is off, i'm not a native english speaker), honestly i really thought they would use the uncensored version after Xenoblade 2s openness. It's dumb and sad together, the game could have used every sold copy. And if it flops like the Wii U version Atlus will think Switchowners aren't interested in such RPGs from them...

I don't like to mention it because there's no proof (how could there be ...), but I've been long assuming that the censorship of Tokyo Mirage Sessions was an act of revenge against gamers from Treehouse. Why? Because the year before gamers highlighted how Treehouse's Alison Rapp was secretly working as a prostitue, which then got her fired for several reasons. Sounds crazy? Yes, but not any crazier than changing a girl sleeping on a bench (jap version) to upright sitting on a bench (west version). The censorship of TMS was done to such comical degree that somebody at Treehouse *must* have had an axe to grind. At least that's what I believe. Unfortunately, no way to find out.

Danjin44

I know this mostly wishful thinking but I hope Atlus decides to show us something, anything from SMT 5 in upcoming Nintendo direct, I'm really starting to worry this game might entirely canceled.

I'm very happy with my Switch, but my biggest reason even decided to get Switch in the first place was because of SMT5 announcement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom