• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Andyliini

Did either of you get the controller bug? I had to drop it last week and start playing Breath of Fire instead, because the controller bug in Collection of Mana was terrible.

I've had none yet. There was an update available to the game when I booted it up, wonder if it was to fix such bug.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Luckily I have not but I read that it had to do with the sensitivity with something in the right joycon even if you are using the pro controller.. Did you try re calibrating the right joycon yet?
Yeah, it happens with both the joycons and Pro controller. No, I haven’t recalibrated yet. I’ll try that.

I've had none yet. There was an update available to the game when I booted it up, wonder if it was to fix such bug.
Hmmm, there was no patch fix up until a few days ago. I checked.

Animagic

Banned
Grip Combat Racing got a new update. Here’s the change log/patch notes:

Racers! Take a quick pit stop with the brand new patch for Grip on the Nintendo Switch

This new update brings the Switch up to speed with content and tracks available - as well as bug fixes and general optimization.

New Vehicle
• Added the new vehicle ‘MG - ZS X’.

New Tracks
• Added the new track ‘Frigid Ridges’.
• Added the new track ‘The Plunge’.
• Added the new arena 'Park Date'.
• Added the new Carkour level 'Park Date'.

Bug Fixes
• Fixed collisions for various tracks.
• Bug fixes to various particle effects.
• Bug fix for the final duel in the campaign.
• General bug fixes for arena 'View To A Kill'.
• Fixed lobby bug for hitting ready before all players joined.
• Fixed lobby bug with voting

General Updates
• Improved missile deployment and navigation.
• Improved and added additional cinematic cameras.
• Added the language 'Simplified Chinese'.
• General Bug Fixes and Optimisation.

Lighting and particle effects in this update make a massive improvement. Frame rate seems to have been smoothed out a lot. Weapon balancing and ai is also different. Not sure of all the intricacies yet

Last edited:
God, I hate Emily™. Her latest bit:

Yeah it's funny.

H1 of 2019 (January through June) was platformer, platformer, platformer. (NSMBU, Yoshi, Mario Maker 2).
H1 of 2020 (January through June) is like... RPG, RPG, RPG. (Starting with TMS FE)

I'm not sure if that was intentional by Nintendo or what. But even if you look at the infographic that Nintendo released today, it's pretty RPG heavy with games like The Outer Worlds, Snack World, FF: Crystal Chronicles.

She keeps insisting on this 'emphasis on rpgs', yet also keeps mentioning OLD games.

That's so infuriating. Stop praising a lineup that consists of old games! To call it an 'emphasis', as if fans of rpgs ought to be happy - NO, fans of rpg arr fans of rpgs and therefore ALREADY played these games! (individuals saying 'well, I haven't' withstanding, duh ...).

I'm not saying Emily doesn't have insider sources. But based on her postings of the last couple weeks, it's obvious that her evaluation of what's good is incredibly subjective. And then she'll go hype Pikmin 3 and Paper Mario again ...! 🤦‍♀️

Jooxed

Gold Member
The person who posted it did so sarcastically as if a lot of Nintendo-games were coming - that's not the case as of now.

The person that posted this, posted this because Nintendo of America posted this and this is a Nintendo related thread. Contrary to popular belief some of us are stoked for third party ports as well so mind your manners friend. Your Monolith Soft announcement will come eventually. You will get through this.

cabbage5k2

fxnLVq5.jpg

Doomsayers Unite

Was Silksong confirmed for 2020 elsewhere, or is this the first confirmation?

The person that posted this, posted this because Nintendo of America posted this and this is a Nintendo related thread. Contrary to popular belief some of us are stoked for third party ports as well so mind your manners friend. Your Monolith Soft announcement will come eventually. You will get through this.

Half of my right hand has been numb since Saturday evening. Went to the doctor today, got some meds and an appointment at a neurologist next week - maybe I *won't* get through Nintendo's shit q1/q2 and lack of Direct 🤷‍♀️🐧

fepeinado

Neo Member
I'm not saying Emily doesn't have insider sources.

Maybe she has insider sources, but doesn't look like it. Posting cryptic hints and vague lists is not insider exclusive.
It's obvious it'll be a H1 full of RPGs, we already have one released, two on the next two months and several that are likely to be released soon, like xenoblade and outer worlds. You don't need insider info to say that.
Now she'll say two or three ports will also be released and that one or two eshop exclusive will be released - Just like last year. Again, do you need insider sources to say that?

Mr Hyde

Just read that more news about DP 2 is due soon, according to the publisher Rising Star games. They work close with NoA and NoE and should be spilling the beans anytime now. A Direct is likely around the corner now. I think it's gonna be a big one.

Having been away from a Nintendo system since the Gamecube, I don't mind all the ports for the Switch as along as they are good games. But I do feel for those who has always owned Nintendo systems at every generation when there is a lack of first-party games. Nintendo has multiple teams, so it's not impossible for them to put out a first party game every quarter.

DonF

I tried the demo of pokemon rescue mission whatever and holy fuck that game is trash. Its so trash that has a button that you can hold so that the game plays by itself. How can anybody have fun with that game? I remember having fun with a similar game on the original playstation, chocobos dungeon 2, and it was better than this.

Also:

Nintendo is stupid :/
Put aaall these 3rd party announcements of the last 3 weeks in a Direct, add Animal Crossing, Xenoblade DE, BotW2 + Byleth AND IT'D HAVE BEEN AN OKAY DIRECT.

:/

mcjmetroid

Having been away from a Nintendo system since the Gamecube, I don't mind all the ports for the Switch as along as they are good games. But I do feel for those who has always owned Nintendo systems at every generation when there is a lack of first-party games. Nintendo has multiple teams, so it's not impossible for them to put out a first party game every quarter.
Don't mind the ports hate the pricing of them. I'd happily buy a port from an older system at half the price of a full release.

Back in the way days they used to do this properly. Remember the Wiimakes? A budget priced release where they added entirely new control options for a budget price.
To me that was a lot more effort than adding in 'funky mode' or raising it to 1080p or just flat out porting it with no enhancements all at a budget price.
new-play-control-mario-power-tennis-cover.cover_large.jpg

Last edited:

fepeinado

Neo Member
Don't mind the ports hate the pricing of them. I'd happily buy a port from an older system at half the price of a full release.

Back in the way days they used to do this properly. Remember the Wiimakes? A budget priced release where they added entirely new control options for a budget price.
To me that was a lot more effort than adding in 'funky mode' or raising it to 1080p or just flat out porting it with no enhancements all at a budget price.
new-play-control-mario-power-tennis-cover.cover_large.jpg
yeah, I agree with your point. I don't think a 60$ price is fair for a simple port, but Mario Kart 8 DE becoming the best selling game on the Switch legitimated their approach wrt pricing.

Just to add an opinion: I hated those wii controls. I couldn't stand playing for long periods.

mcjmetroid

yeah, I agree with your point. I don't think a 60$ price is fair for a simple port, but Mario Kart 8 DE becoming the best selling game on the Switch legitimated their approach wrt pricing.

Just to add an opinion: I hated those wii controls. I couldn't stand playing for long periods.
To be honest I never played any of these games bar the Metroid ones I think and they worked out alright I thought.

ExpandKong

Banned

I think the Switch is kind of in a unique situation with regards to this...it’s sold so much more hardware than the Wii U ever did, so to the vast majority of the Switch audience these are new games. If they can still sell crazy numbers at full price, they’re gonna do it. I like Nintendo but business is business and they are a business.

That said they do try to at least add something new to each of them (a couple characters and an actual battle mode for Mario Kart 8), seems like.

mcjmetroid

I think the Switch is kind of in a unique situation with regards to this...it’s sold so much more hardware than the Wii U ever did, so to the vast majority of the Switch audience these are new games. If they can still sell crazy numbers at full price, they’re gonna do it. I like Nintendo but business is business and they are a business.

That said they do try to at least add something new to each of them (a couple characters and an actual battle mode for Mario Kart 8), seems like.
Mario Kart 8 deluxe is a great value package and for a launch game it was a great idea but since then they've put less and less effort into their ports to the point that they're now pretty much straight ports with no addons.

Remember the days of Metroid Prime Trilogy? 3 classic games in one package with updated controllers etc?

I would bet a lot of money that the reason the Metroid Prime trilogy game hasn't happened yet for the Switch is because they're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
A) They refuse to release 3 past games in one package these days because it would cause problems for their future ports like if they decide to release Wind Waker but leave out Twilight Princess. "but Metroid Prime did it!"
and B) if they decide to seperate them into individual packages the backlash would be enormous.

I bet they seriously regret doing that trilogy back in the day now.

Last edited:
Mario Kart 8 deluxe is a great value package and for a launch game it was a great idea but since then they've put less and less effort into their ports to the point that they're now pretty much straight ports with no addons.
I tried the demo of pokemon rescue mission whatever and holy fuck that game is trash. Its so trash that has a button that you can hold so that the game plays by itself. How can anybody have fun with that game? I remember having fun with a similar game on the original playstation, chocobos dungeon 2, and it was better than this.

I completely agree with this. I had voice my sentiments over at Nintendolife, and got labeled a Nintendo hater and an old-timer by a couple of posters who claimed to be video game programers. The demo was so watered down that there isn't even an interface whenever you encounter battles. You don't have the option to choose which moves you want to use unless you hold the LZ button down to bring up that interface. Pressing the A button during a fight I thought, at first, just randomly picked a move for you, but have since been corrected that it actually picks the "Best" move for you. Either way, I want to be able to pick my own move when I'm fighting so that I don't waste my resources. This Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX is definitely NOT worth the full $60 price of admission, but games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Brothers Ultimate are since they add so much more to the original game.

DonF

This Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX is definitely NOT worth the full $60 price of admission, but games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Brothers Ultimate are since they add so much more to the original game.
Nintendo has created this bubble with their games, by not lowering the price, ie, not following all the other store fronts tactics, and I hate it hahaha.
Mario Kart 8 deluxe is a guilty pleasure of mine. I got it for $45 digital, I believe. I simply refused to buy it at full price, only got it at a discount.
Smash Ultimate is on a whole other level, I even got the fighters pass I with that one, but with gold coin discount, I got the pass for close to $12
At least the eshop has great incentives with the gold points program.

fepeinado

Neo Member
Smash Ultimate is on a whole other level, I even got the fighters pass I with that one, but with gold coin discount, I got the pass for close to $12
but smash bros ultimate is a full new game, not a port. Possibly one of the best games on the switch

Nintendo has created this bubble with their games, by not lowering the price, ie, not following all the other store fronts tactics, and I hate it hahaha.
Mario Kart 8 deluxe is a guilty pleasure of mine. I got it for $45 digital, I believe. I simply refused to buy it at full price, only got it at a discount.
At least the eshop has great incentives with the gold points program.

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is the only other big first-party game I'm missing for my new Nintendo Switch. I had the chance to purchase the physical cart (I'm a physical collector guy...always have been), but with Mario Kart 8 and SSBU, I've decided to go digital since the family will be playing these two interchangeably and often. I got the MK 8 for around that price on the eShop, and am now just waiting for SSBU to be on sale for the same price, hopefully soon. Cheers, mate!

This is probably not the right place to post this, but Gamestop has these Deals of the Day for today only if anyone is interested. Lifted from Slickdeals where I'm an active member posting deals whenever I see them. Thanks, Altor 7.

Gamestop Preowned 3DS Sale Super Smash Bros & more w/ Free in store pickup $12

Deal of the Day [gamestop.com]

Super Smash Bros 3DS [gamestop.com]

Pokemon Moon [gamestop.com]

Pokemon Sun [gamestop.com]

Additionally this can be combined with the Buy 2 Get 1 free on preowned games so you can potentially get all 3 games for $24

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
This is probably not the right place to post this, but Gamestop has these Deals of the Day if anyone is interested. Lifted from Slickdeals where I'm an active member posting deals whenever I see them. Thanks, Altor 7.

Gamestop Preowned 3DS Sale Super Smash Bros & more w/ Free in store pickup $12

Deal of the Day [gamestop.com]

Super Smash Bros 3DS [gamestop.com]

Pokemon Moon [gamestop.com]

Pokemon Sun [gamestop.com]

Additionally this can be combined with the Buy 2 Get 1 free on preowned games so you can potentially get all 3 games for $24

This is a Nintendo Haven man, post anything. Thanks!

Skyfox

I am still trying to decide between Alien Isolation and Call of Juarez. Would be my first time with both. Anyone pick them up yet?
Well I didnt even know Call of Juarez was coming to switch but I can tell you that Alien Isolation is flawless. I've beaten it on my PS4 Pro and the Switch version is absolutely perfect in every way.

Animagic

Banned
I bought Call of Juarez last night and it’s less an FPS and more of an FPS style shooting gallery. It’s cool, but not what I was expecting at all.
I’ll be getting Alien Isolation this week probably.

Top Bottom