• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Saruhashi

Banned
I'll probably get dog piled on for my theory of the "late" Nintendo Direct but here goes:

I believe Nintendo was ready to announce the Switch Pro in the next direct with it being available around June/E3.

However, since the unfortunate outbreak of the coronavirus, it has delayed production of the system and most likely
caused chaos with Nintendo's planned 2020 strategy with the Switch and the new system.

We'll get a Nintendo Direct by the end of this month mainly focusing on Animal Crossing and perhaps a few other
titles.

I now suspect that Nintendo will reveal the Switch Pro at this year's E3 with it going on sale later this fall around
the time of the PS5 and Xbox Series X.
LvcGz2g.gif

No dog pile. I think you are probably not far off the mark.

If coronavirus is having an impact on console availability then probably it would have some impact on cartridges and cases etc for physical copies, limited editions etc etc.

So maybe a couple of potential upcoming releases do need to be put back until there are consoles available or until the potential special edition contents etc are available.

I personally don't think they will come out with a Switch Pro until 2021 and after the new generation hype has calmed down a little.
Thinking Q3 or Q4 2021. If they were planning to do it soon though then for sure the situation right now would have a major impact.

The only alternative that's reasonably believable is simply that a lot of games have been delayed all at once.

We've seen that with the other consoles with a lot of games getting delayed and pushed back. Probably Nintendo is having some similar issues.

Wasn't Animal Crossing originally slated for a 2019 release before being pushed to March 2020?
I would imagine that's a thing that would also affect their schedule.

Looks like 2020 is shaping up to be a very sparse year so it'll be interesting to see what happens in the end.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I've seen other people mention this but there's no way they take the time to put K.Rool in smash ultimate as a new character with nothing to tie it in with. I still bet DKC 3 was or is in development.

By that logic they're also making new Banjo Kazooie. K. Rool is just a character people have been begging for for a long time.

Shaqazooloo

I'll probably get dog piled on for my theory of the "late" Nintendo Direct but here goes:

I believe Nintendo was ready to announce the Switch Pro in the next direct with it being available around June/E3.

However, since the unfortunate outbreak of the coronavirus, it has delayed production of the system and most likely
caused chaos with Nintendo's planned 2020 strategy with the Switch and the new system.

We'll get a Nintendo Direct by the end of this month mainly focusing on Animal Crossing and perhaps a few other
titles.

I now suspect that Nintendo will reveal the Switch Pro at this year's E3 with it going on sale later this fall around
the time of the PS5 and Xbox Series X.
LvcGz2g.gif
Some of you guys are so desperate for a Switch Pro that it's just sad at this point.

It's not happening this year, especially not the way you think it would, Nintendo could get into legal trouble for that and for something that they didn't need to say.

Jooxed

Gold Member

finally you can get the switch lite color you have been waiting for Scopa Scopa

DESTROYA

I saw that. Wonder if D dark10x could follow the analysis of this game up in the the future.

NEW GRAPHICS OPTIONS FOR WITCHER 3

Based on the post, there are 8 new graphic FX options.
Motion blur
Blur effect
* Bloom
* Sharpen
* Depth of Field
* Depth of Field for Cut-scenes
* Chromatic Aberration
* Water Quality
* Foliage Visibility Range
* Anti-Aliasing
And the two screenshots are comparing Sharpen OFF vs MAX.

OFF
Qb2SaJK.jpg

MAX
ePqYaTX.jpg

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Some of you guys are so desperate for a Switch Pro that it's just sad at this point.

It's not happening this year, especially not the way you think it would, Nintendo could get into legal trouble for that and for something that they didn't need to say.

They also released a statement afterwards that said their plans can change at anytime and aren't responsible if they do so they have an "out".
uByWi1o.png

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
They also released a statement afterwards that said their plans can change at anytime and aren't responsible if they do so they have an "out".
uByWi1o.png

Of course they can change their plans. But, if a Switch Pro was coming in 2020 that would have already been their plan before they made that announcement to investors and would mean they flat out lied.

It's not happening.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Of course they can change their plans. But, if a Switch Pro was coming in 2020 that would have already been their plan before they made that announcement to investors and would mean they flat out lied.

It's not happening.

Yeah I don't think so either, not this year at least. Also nice to see you join this thread !

An Animal Crossing-related Direct was bound to happen; they could not release that game without one, though I suspected one early next month by now. I'm happy for the fans.

StormCell

I was kind of hoping for a proper Direct So we get some news on Bayonetta 3, SMTV, Bravely Default 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles DE.

I look at it like this: this one was inevitable and at this point has to precede a general Direct. By getting this one out of the way, the next one almost certainly has to be the one we want!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

Another game im looking forward to, Hopefully we get that release date soon. Damn Scopa Scopa how are we going to deal with all these RPG's bravely 2 coming this year too.
I still have FFVIII, FFX, FFXII, Collection of Mana, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights and Breath of Fire II on my backlog and that’s just on Switch and what’s out already.

RPG console of the forever.

Saruhashi

Banned
So what do we reckon here?

I wonder if Nintendo have figured out that having these Directs with multiple announcements causes people to hold off on buying games because they are waiting for that "favorite" one that was announced about 6 months ago.

How many times have you read people saying they are holding off on getting a Switch until Game X is released?

Seems to me that these full 25 minute adverts for a single game that are coming up very soon would have the effect of focusing hype onto one particular title and maybe giving that title a substantial sales boost?

Are people more likely to buy Animal Crossing now when it's the only show in town compared to when they also want to hit us with teasers for about 20 new games that are coming up.

Directs are obviously good for fans but I wonder how effective they are at getting actual sales.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I still have FFVIII, FFX, FFXII, Collection of Mana, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights and Breath of Fire II on my backlog and that’s just on Switch and what’s out already.

RPG console of the forever.

Sounds similar to mine but I think i win.. I have FFX FFXVIII, FFXII, Collection of Mana, Still Finishing Octopath, Alliance Allive, Star Ocean, Ys VIII, Switcher III, Ni no Kuni, and Im on Act III of DQ XIs plus whatever they drop on us this year. I might live to finish these games. I am trying to play one RPG and one game like Darksiders at a time to get through my back log.... Trying to do the 52 games challenge this year to clear my backlog out.. I think i have about 80 switch games.....Most RPGS....

Also for everyone else... former write for UK Nintendo Magazine

I wonder what games a Nintendo Direct would feature? Xenoblade getting a release date would be nice, but it’s a remaster. We already know what the game contains. Animal Crossing is the next big release, but that’s getting its own direct. Is Metroid ready to be shown? Is Bayonetta 3 ready? On the 3rd party side, what surprises could be out there? The Outer Worlds is coming out soon. Some Bioshock collection was recently rated. Are there any exclusives coming up?

I’m really excited for whatever the next direct has to show. I don’t know what to expect!

ExpandKong

Banned
I wonder what games a Nintendo Direct would feature? Xenoblade getting a release date would be nice, but it’s a remaster. We already know what the game contains. Animal Crossing is the next big release, but that’s getting its own direct. Is Metroid ready to be shown? Is Bayonetta 3 ready? On the 3rd party side, what surprises could be out there? The Outer Worlds is coming out soon. Some Bioshock collection was recently rated. Are there any exclusives coming up?

I’m really excited for whatever the next direct has to show. I don’t know what to expect!

Maybe they'll finally remember that they haven't shown SMTV yet.

Jooxed

Gold Member

I am ready to see Bravely 2!

StormCell

I'm not going to get my expectations too high, because at this point we're only a little more than 3 months away from E3. It still wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get any news on Bayonetta 3 or Metroid Prime 4. I do expect to see some new titles shown, specifically I expect an announcement near the end of the Direct that teases us about this year's big holiday release with more to be shown at E3 (of course).

This year's holiday title is going to be....
a brand new Mario Kart!

I don't know if I'm ready for this...

Top Bottom