• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

It was nice to see Nintendo acknowledging ARMS existance. ARMS has a wonderful 2017 switch nostalgia around it i can't explain.

Lets hope they go for either minmin or twintelle instead of the other two boring main fucks.

Well, who ended up enjoying it, and who ended up screeching on a message board about it?
Good for you? I can't just force myself to enjoy something, and I won't pretend either. If that bothers you enough to call it "screeching" there ain't much I can do about that.

Sounds to me like you should have seen Mini, and taken the hint.
It doesn't matter what label Nintendo decides to put on their Direct. We've been waiting for a proper Direct for six months now, and there's certain (reasonable) expectations at this point.

Is that what you call criticism? I call it throwing a tantrum because you didn’t get what you want.
I wrote like 4 negative posts expressing my disappointment and criticism across multiple threads, and you call that throwing a tantrum? Whatever floats your boat.

I really don’t give a shit what you buy. I gave you a chance on your first inflammatory comment, and tried to steer the conversation towards rationality and a discussion, but you’re more interested in instigation and talking at yourself, than actually conversing with and responding to others.
Huh? I literally replied to your argument, which I didn't find very strong. You're the one seemingly getting triggered, posting pictures of babies because someone disagreed with you and posted a few negative posts in a thread about video games.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Good for you? I can't just force myself to enjoy something, and I won't pretend either. If that bothers you enough to call it "screeching" there ain't much I can do about that.

It doesn't matter what label Nintendo decides to put on their Direct. We've been waiting for a proper Direct for six months now, and there's certain (reasonable) expectations at this point.

I wrote like 4 negative posts expressing my disappointment and criticism across multiple threads, and you call that throwing a tantrum? Whatever floats your boat.

Huh? I literally replied to your argument, which I didn't find very strong. You're the one seemingly getting triggered, posting pictures of babies because someone disagreed with you and posted a few negative posts in a thread about video games.
Omg

-Arcadia- -Arcadia- please post if you're still alive

-Arcadia-

Banned
Okay, taking attention off the two biggest drama queens in the thread...

It was nice to see Nintendo acknowledging ARMS existance. ARMS has a wonderful 2017 switch nostalgia around it i can't explain.

Lets hope they go for either minmin or twintelle instead of the other two boring main fucks.

Is it possible, given that everyone in ARMS plays really similarly at a base level, that we could just see several different characters represented as ‘costumes’ for the Smash character? Like Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and other characters of similar builds selectable with a quick press of the costume button?

Mista

Banned
I honestly don't see any other way to interpret your comment. Longest Direct drought ever. There are currently no games announced after May, and THIS mini is what we get...
So what? Its not like they haven't given us great games since launch. You're also the ONLY ONE that "interpreted" my comment this way

I despise your kind thats always whining for not getting what they want. How old are you? 9? Grow the fuck up

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No, you’re cool. You’re just retarded.

QP9iCVw.jpg

07KALLV.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
There are so many fucking games on Switch. Anyone who complains there is “nothing to play” is either deranged or has an agenda, in my opinion.

Nintendo has churned out numerous stellar first party titles so far. In fact, their output puts both Sony and Microsoft to shame when you line them up side by side. Put things in perspective, they are a single company. The games have to actually be made, they don’t instantly materialise into existence.

In saying that, I wouldn’t have minded some new first party announcements, but the amount of games there are to play right now means the fact I have to wait a bit longer is no big thing.

Plus, no one mentioning that Coronavirus has affected everything. Again, put this shit in perspective. First world problems.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don’t know about anybody else but I got info on both Xenoblade Chronicles DE and Bravely Default 2 + demo, I’m kind of happy as far as mini Direct concerns, it could have been better, for sure but I’m not gonna cry about what I got.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
There are so many fucking games on Switch. Anyone who complains there is “nothing to play” is either deranged or has an agenda, in my opinion.

Nintendo has churned out numerous stellar first party titles so far. In fact, their output puts both Sony and Microsoft to shame when you line them up side by side. Put things in perspective, they are a single company. The games have to actually be made, they don’t instantly materialise into existence.

In saying that, I wouldn’t have minded some new first party announcements, but the amount of games there are to play right now means the fact I have to wait a bit longer is no big thing.

Plus, no one mentioning that Coronavirus has affected everything. Again, put this shit in perspective. First world problems.
Not everyone likes the same stuff, so to say someone has an agenda or they're deranged because they're not a fan of the Switch's line up isn't necessarily fair.

I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan, so there are only a handful of Nintendo IPs I like. Namely LoZ, Metroid, and Mario Kart, and excluding LoZ, I haven't had an all new installment in those for some time now. As a result, I haven't been too impressed with the Switch personally.

Portability means nothing to me, so the console is pretty much exclusively a set top box for me, which is why ports of third party games I can play elsewhere don't spark my interest.
That being said, I still want my damn MPT on Switch 🤬

So did I find the Direct to be sub par? Yes I did. Maybe I'm just not their target audience and that's fine, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to voice my displeasure or have said criticisms dismissed as being agenda driven.

Yeah, even if it was yet more ports, I would gladly have taken that fucking MPT we've been hearing about forever.

I keep telling you guys that a MPT remaster would take a shit load of work. We're talking about three big games that you would have to do a complete pass over.

MP1 remastered is a possibility with a release of 2 happening in the future but I just don't see a trilogy pack happening.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I keep telling you guys that a MPT remaster would take a shit load of work. We're talking about three big games that you would have to do a complete pass over.

MP1 remastered is a possibility with a release of 2 happening in the future but I just don't see a trilogy pack happening.
Allegedly it's already finished, just shelved until MP4 has a release date/window.

So did I find the Direct to be sub par? Yes I did. Maybe I'm just not their target audience and that's fine, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to voice my displeasure or have said criticisms dismissed as being agenda driven.
I think Arlo phrased it well in his new video:

People tend to very quickly call people entitled or whiny, when it's pretty clear how important this Direct was. One would reasonably expect it to at least give a glimpse of what Nintendo has in store for this year, and right now it doesn't seem like much. They could still have stuff coming, but we're talking about what this Direct announced and what we know, and it's looking real light on new releases. Being disappointed by that is not entitlement.

Yes, there's the virus situation to take into consideration too, but for us outsiders it's hard to say how much of an impact it's having on their line-up. In my naive view, they could easily announce a game without a date, or delay its release later on. Nintendo's done that before numerous times. I agree with Arlo and don't expect this year to have many new announcements. I'm assuming Zelda will be the big game for this winter, and, if true, that might just make up for the lack of first party games during the rest of the year.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan, so there are only a handful of Nintendo IPs I like.

Portability means nothing to me

You don’t like the two biggest USPs of the console.

Maybe I'm just not their target audience and that's fine

I mean, pretty much?

that doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to voice my displeasure or have said criticisms dismissed as being agenda driven.

Agreed, but you have to admit you may not be in the best position to provide criticism. You bought a console you’re barely interested in, and are conversing with people who actually love that console and those USPs.

‘Guy who doesn’t like 95% of the Switch’s core concept has issue with Direct’ is not surprising. It’d be a little bit like if I came to one of your basketball games, and didn’t like much of what I saw there.

It’s similarly not surprising that you find yourself in friction with people who do enjoy such things.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

You don’t like the two biggest USPs of the console.

I mean, pretty much?

Agreed, but you have to admit you may not be in the best position to provide criticism. You bought a console you’re barely interested in, and are conversing with people who actually love that console and those USPs.

‘Guy who doesn’t like 95% of the Switch’s core concept has issue with Direct’ is not surprising. It’d be a little bit like if I came to one of your basketball games, and didn’t like much of what I saw there.

It’s similarly not surprising that you find yourself in friction with people who do enjoy such things.
What friction?

I bought a Switch because I buy every console and enjoy the aforementioned series enough that I want to play their next installments. So my criticism of the Direct is somehow invalid and not needed because I don't care about portability?

If this thread is meant to be a safe space where you're not allowed to say anything remotely negative about Nintendo then the thread title should reflect that.

Assuming BOTW 2 isn't 2020, then MPT would be a great title for the holiday season. Fans badly want it and those games are beloved enough to garner attention despite being old. Other than that, yeah, doing the first one is more likely than all of them in practical terms.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think Arlo phrased it well in his new video:

People tend to very quickly call people entitled or whiny, when it's pretty clear how important this Direct was. One would reasonably expect it to at least give a glimpse of what Nintendo has in store for this year, and right now it doesn't seem like much. They could still have stuff coming, but we're talking about what this Direct announced and what we know, and it's looking real light on new releases. Being disappointed by that is not entitlement.

Yes, there's the virus situation to take into consideration too, but for us outsiders it's hard to say how much of an impact it's having on their line-up. In my naive view, they could easily announce a game without a date, or delay its release later on. Nintendo's done that before numerous times. I agree with Arlo and don't expect this year to have many new announcements. I'm assuming Zelda will be the big game for this winter, and, if true, that might just make up for the lack of first party games during the rest of the year.

Other than the persecution complex (people were called entitled and whiny for a reason), this post is good criticism.

Nobody has a problem with that. Like-worthy, as a matter of fact.

It’s when it delves into, like Mista Mista was saying, that kind of outrage and butthurt, as people rush into the thread to exhaust vent the anger from all the false expectations they created in their own head, on others, that it’s annoying.

This is all Outrageous Facts ever did, which is why everyone fucking hated him.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Other than the persecution complex (people were called entitled and whiny for a reason), this post is good criticism.

Nobody has a problem with that. Like-worthy, as a matter of fact.

It’s when it delves into, like Mista Mista was saying, that kind of outrage and butthurt, as people rush into the thread to exhaust vent the anger from all the false expectations they created in their own head, on others, that it’s annoying.

OutrageousFarts genuinely sperged out whenever he was disappointed with someone, and he never presented his points calmly nor did he respect the differing opinions of others. From what I've seen, that's pretty different to what is happening here.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, some of us were told about games the system would have by now and they are nowhere to be seen for this year again. Or updates. I mean I'm not getting my hopes up for anything after 2018 but it still burns since I bought the Switch after SMT was announced. Or was it Prime 4? Bayo? Project Re Fantasy is literally a fantasy by now. I forget ahahahaha. (March 26, year of the corona crisis repost this one year in the future)

heh

So idk getting mad AF about Atlus porting shit again. Feels lazy even. I'm not even angry at MIGHTY Nintendo but how slow Japanese devs have been in general.

Thank god for the 3DS and phone games.

-Arcadia-

Banned
What friction?

I bought a Switch because I buy every console and enjoy the aforementioned series enough that I want to play their next installments. So my criticism of the Direct is somehow invalid and not needed because I don't care about portability?

Reread the post.

If this thread is meant to be a safe space where you're not allowed to say anything remotely negative about Nintendo then the thread title should reflect that.

You have never been asked to leave this thread once, or treated with anything but friendliness, it is in fact you that brings up Safe Spaces, every time someone disagrees with you.

Who needs the Safe Space?

Catch you later in PMs

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Reread the post.

You have never been asked to leave this thread once, or treated with anything but friendliness, it is in fact you that brings up Safe Spaces, every time someone disagrees with you.

Who needs the Safe Space?

Catch you later in PMs
This was my first time legitimately asking if this was meant to be a safe space, the previous time was purely facetious.

And no I won't be having PM sex with you later. Don't be weird.

-Arcadia-

Banned
OutrageousFarts genuinely sperged out whenever he was disappointed with someone, and he never presented his points calmly nor did he respect the differing opinions of others. From what I've seen, that's pretty different to what is happening here.

Reread the last page or so. Plenty of sperging and disrespect, which is why I, and others, began to take issue.

Unfortunately, ‘You’re all just console warriors, and this is a safe space!’ is a default excuse for this, and we have to deconstruct that too.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Again, nobody said that too. People are over dramatic and this is bollocks
I was going to point this out, but you guys beat me to it.

Rebutting opinions = silencing people

apparently.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Reread the last page or so. Plenty of sperging and disrespect, which is why I, and others, began to take issue.

Unfortunately, ‘You’re all just console warriors, and this is a safe space!’ is a default excuse for this, and we have to deconstruct that too.
I only saw one person get heated, and with all due respect, you came off as heated first.

My genuine safe space comment stems from the fact that based solely on this Direct, people are getting upset with others for not being as enamored with It, regardless of whatever expectations they may have set.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are people saying that?

It is ok to say oh well sucks what I enjoy is still in the dark. I even understand not caring about ports. Unless somebody attacks another user over saying just that, then that is actual disrespect. Who here is disrespecting other users?

-Arcadia-

Banned
I only saw one person get heated, and with all due respect, you came off as heated first.

My genuine safe space comment stems from the fact that based solely on this Direct, people are getting upset with others for not being as enamored with It, regardless of whatever expectations they may have set.

That would be because, for whatever reason, you have a warped perception of the entire chain of events. From the start, there’s been no problem with appropriate criticism. Several people in several threads have had some well-stated criticism, and I’ve thrown them likes or conversed with them.

The spergouts are the problem, but as one of the people that likes to do that, I’m not surprised you’re trying to obfuscate the issue.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Are people saying that?
If you’ve got the time, reread this thread. I’m sure it’s been written numerous times.

There's a pretty big difference between rebutting someone's opinion, and simply dismissing them as an agenda or derangement.
If people think they have nothing to play on Switch, I think they are insane or stupid. Take your pick.

And there are definitely posters in these Nintendo threads with agendas. They are not hard to spot. Like sands through the hourglass...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If you’ve got the time, reread this thread. I’m sure it’s been written numerous times.

If people think they have nothing to play on Switch, I think they are insane or stupid. Take your pick.

And there are definitely posters in these Nintendo threads with agendas. They are not hard to spot. Like sands through the hourglass...
I don't disagree with that, it happens in every thread regardless of whatever platform happens to be the topic. My sole point is that I don't think it's fair to simply lump everyone with an opinion differing from yours into the same basket.

I just don't know that I've seen that in this thread. I read the last three pages again, and yeah, some members including myself voiced their opinions perhaps a bit harshly, but I'm not seeing people whine about their unrealistic expectations or anything. There's no NintenDoomed posts. Just people kinda disappointed and fed up with the lack of announcements and prevalence of ports of old games.

Listen I remember this dude, but he's gone now and I haven't seen anything like his posts since. To be fair I don't spend that much time in this thread (I lruk tho) so I might've missed some, but regardless it's time to move on. You guys talking about him like you have PTSD or something.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The spergouts are the problem, but as one of the people that likes to do that, I’m not surprised you’re trying to obfuscate the issue.
There is no issue here. Nobody is namecalling anybody anything. People can say they are disappointed if they want. If you consider being mad at Atlus sperging on Nintendo idk what to tell you. I've re-read the last 3 pages and I don't get how I have a warped view of anything. I'm confused here lol.

You think people that have bought Nintendo products for over 28 years have agendas because they don't like directs? We are still talking about the direct right. ????

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I finally started Animal Crossing. Played it a few hours, and when I put my Switch to sleep it briefly flashed some error and now won't start up. Is there some kind of hard reset I can perform?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Eh, some of us were told about games the system would have by now and they are nowhere to be seen for this year again. Or updates. I mean I'm not getting my hopes up for anything after 2018 but it still burns since I bought the Switch after SMT was announced. Or was it Prime 4? Bayo? Project Re Fantasy is literally a fantasy by now. I forget ahahahaha. (March 26, year of the corona crisis repost this one year in the future)

heh

So idk getting mad AF about Atlus porting shit again. Feels lazy even. I'm not even angry at MIGHTY Nintendo but how slow Japanese devs have been in general.

Thank god for the 3DS and phone games.

I don't mind Atlus porting their games to Switch - I seriously doubt it's impeding their ability to get SMT V done. But why Catherine? It's a great game, but it's just going to be a technically inferior version of what's on other platforms. Why not port something like Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga, which they'd actually be able to improve by bringing to the Switch? That's the part that I find frustrating.

Top Bottom