• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't know that I've seen that in this thread. I read the last three pages again, and yeah, some members including myself voiced their opinions perhaps a bit harshly, but I'm not seeing people whine about their unrealistic expectations or anything. There's no NintenDoomed posts. Just people kinda disappointed and fed up with the lack of announcements and prevalence of ports of old games.

Listen I remember this dude, but he's gone now and I haven't seen anything like his posts since. To be fair I don't spend that much time in this thread (I lruk tho) so I might've missed some, but regardless it's time to move on. You guys talking about him like you have PTSD or something.
He was some dude that self requested a ban after he found out some people didn't like him. (shock) I didn't like the dude myself but apparently he is the reason every single little thing that isn't pro nintendo here is shown as people being hysterical or something. I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't mind Atlus porting their games to Switch - I seriously doubt it's impeding their ability to get SMT V done. But why Catherine? It's a great game, but it's just going to be a technically inferior version of what's on other platforms. Why not port something like Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga, which they'd actually be able to improve by bringing to the Switch? That's the part that I find frustrating.
Because it is cheaper to do so. I'd kill for DDS getting ported. (as a dualogy ofc)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I finally started Animal Crossing. Played it a few hours, and when I put my Switch to sleep it briefly flashed some error and now won't start up. Is there some kind of hard reset I can perform?
Power +button for like 10 seconds. It is charged right?

Jooxed

Gold Member
This was my first time legitimately asking if this was meant to be a safe space, the previous time was purely facetious.

And no I won't be having PM sex with you later. Don't be weird.

To be fair i've asked Xaero to leave the thread one hundred and eleven times. Yet here we are still bff's with the bracelet and everything to prove it.

Last edited:
He was some dude that self requested a ban after he found out some people didn't like him. (shock) I didn't like the dude myself but apparently he is the reason every single little thing that isn't pro nintendo here is shown as people being hysterical or something. I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure hyperbolic terminology really requires self-reflection in this specific thread, a lot of it isn't totally serious. Outrageous-sama gets mentioned a lot because he was unable to move on from shit, it isn't just that he was negative, but he was negative over multiple posts over the same subject.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It was low quality bait in good fun :p
giphy.gif

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
You think people that have bought Nintendo products for over 28 years have agendas because they don't like directs? We are still talking about the direct right. ????
I’m referring to the type of poster that comes to Nintendo threads purporting to be a “Nintendo fan” but seems to have nothing else to say than to rag on everything. Negative, negative, negative. They’ve existed since the N64/Gamecube days and will keep on existing forever. They are clearly not Nintendo fans, but in fact console war trolls that have nothing better to do but to follow the Nintendo threads around trying to ruin people’s enjoyment. Which is exceptionally sad.

Do note that I do not think of anyone from the last few pages as that type of poster. Well, maybe brap brap .

To be fair i've asked Xaero to leave the thread one hundred and eleven times. Yet here we are still bff's with the bracelet and everything to prove it.
I can’t fathom how someone can say or write “one hundred and eleven” without stating it as “one hundred and eleventy”. Lord of the Rings has ruined me.

To reiterate my point from before, I was just listening to the NVC podcast interview with Bill Trinen and he stated that Nintendo as a company is much smaller than most people think. They are not a large company comparatively. So, again it is amazing that they pump out the number of games that they do and of such quality.

I'm genuinely excited to play Podracer again.

One of the best things to come out of Episode 1 other than the Plinket review, memes, and what Dave Filoni was able to do with Maul.

Same here my brother, that game was the tits. It had so much content for a racing game, at least it felt that way at that time. The sense of speed was awesome and the vehicles had some weight to them. Plus I loved the places you could race, felt more like Star Wars than the Disney trilogy.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Same here my brother, that game was the tits. It had so much content for a racing game, at least it felt that way at that time. The sense of speed was awesome and the vehicles had some weight to them. Plus I loved the places you could race, felt more like Star Wars than the Disney trilogy.
I’ve been surprised by the love the game gets on the internet the last few years. I just remember playing it as a N64 rental a couple of times on the weekend and kind of forgetting about it.

Might give it another shot.

-Arcadia-

Banned

I feel like if you stripped Star Wars out of that game, it would still be an awesome futuristic racer. It just so happened to use it’s Episode 1 theming to superb effect, making everything even more enjoyable.

Podracing is probably one of the the all-time great blockbuster movie scenes (cringe moments aside), and I think the game, at least as it was back then, totally lived up to it and even expanded it.

I really enjoyed the customization too. I barely remember, but I think it had all kinds of upgrades you had to get and buy from a shop (Watto?). It just seemed like a really nice touch for this kind of game, and added a lot of depth.

Last edited:

Bakkus

So what? Its not like they haven't given us great games since launch. You're also the ONLY ONE that "interpreted" my comment this way

I despise your kind thats always whining for not getting what they want. How old are you? 9? Grow the fuck up
It's impossible to discuss with someone as hostile as this.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's impossible to discuss with someone as hostile as this.
But you act as we got absolutely nothing form this direct, it might true for you but not for everybody else, for me both Xenoblade Definitive Edition and Bravely Default 2 was pure hype. I'm sad we saw nothing from SMTV and Bayonetta 3, but thats mostly on Atlus and Platinum Games not Nintendo and I'm not expecting Metroid Prim 4 and BotW 2 release this year.

I'm super hype for both Xenoblade DE and Bravely 2 not only because they looked really good but also one them coming out soon another we got nice demo from it, so I'm honestly satisfied for now.

Bakkus

But you act as we got absolutely nothing form this direct, it might true for you but not for everybody else, for me both Xenoblade Definitive Edition and Bravely Default 2 was pure hype. I'm sad we saw nothing from SMTV and Bayonetta 3, but thats mostly on Atlus and Platinum Games not Nintendo and I'm not expecting Metroid Prim 4 and BotW 2 release this year.

I'm super hype for both Xenoblade DE and Bravely 2 not only because they looked really good but also one them coming out soon another we got nice demo from it, so I'm honestly satisfied for now.
I'm hyed for Xenoblade myself, but we already knew about that one and approx when it would get released. No new game was announced and there are no major release dates after it comes out for the rest of the YEAR. This is very critical. Like I said earlier, there is no way Zelda makes it this year, so second half is currently a complete wasteland.

Last edited:
I'm hyed for Xenoblade myself, but we already knew about that one and approx when it would get released. No new game was announced and there are no major release dates after it comes out for the rest of the YEAR. This is very critical. Like I said earlier, there is no way Zelda makes it this year, so second half is currently a complete wasteland.

Friend, do you legit think Nintendo will go the holiday season without a single game?

MagnesG

Banned
No new game was announced and there are no major release dates after it comes out for the rest of the YEAR. This is very critical. Like I said earlier, there is no way Zelda makes it.
6 months before is still the general rule for release date reveal and we still have E3. As per your dramatic hot take, nothing sets in stone yet even if you adamantly say so.

Last edited:

Zannegan

I can see why they shadow-dropped this one--no big new announcements, lots of older ports, leans heavily on quirky indies and niche games, etc. I still enjoyed it, but I hope they're saving their big guns for E3. Even so, it's shaping up to be a drier year. That seems to be the pattern for the Switch though: odd years are packed, even years light. I guess we'll see in 2021.

I really wish they would buy out a solid but less successful Japanese dev house like SEGA and use them to start churning out some new entries for neglected Nintendo IP (F-Zero, for example). As a bonus, if they did go for SEGA, they'd pick up a few valuable properties like Bayo and Sonic for creeps, I mean keeps.

Seriously though, one of these days Nintendo is going to want a PC storefront, and SEGA has the infrastructure and the experience to make it happen. They'd bring a solid stable of Retro titles to flesh out their library to boot. Now's not the time to be investing in other companies, but I wish something would change.

StormCell

No, but it's a bad look, still that we are approaching April with nothing. I can't recall a single time it has looked his barren.

2018 looked a lot worse to me. The big release for the first half of that year was Mario Tennis Aces... I am really not a fan of newer Kirby games, and I wasn't about to pay more for Tropical Freeze than I did on Wii U, especially as a double-dip. There it is. Right now is no where as bad as the first half of 2018 was. Animal Crossing, by itself, is a huge release that we've already gotten in 2020. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive is also a big deal, and a lot of people missed it on Wii.

I understand the issue, though. 2020 doesn't have any confirmed Mario, Zelda, or Metroid. It's missing a big new Nintendo adventure.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This was a mini direct, not a full one. People expecting some massive news are silly.

For what it was, I enjoyed it. More Xenoblade DE stuff + CE, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Good Job! (fun little puzzle game), ACNH's first update, Paradise on the go, and best of all: Shadow Drop of Bravely Default II demo.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Why is nobody talking about this🤔

I just wasn’t feeling it all from the footage. It looks well done for what it is, but there was no hook for me.

Similar feelings about Bravely Default 2. I imagine some people will very much enjoy both, but it’s a no-go here.

Mista

Banned
I just wasn’t feeling it all from the footage. It looks well done for what it is, but there was no hook for me.

Similar feelings about Bravely Default 2. I imagine some people will very much enjoy both, but it’s a no-go here.
Yeah I never understood BD's hype. Played the first one and it wasn't even fun for me

Played plenty better JRPGs to like this game

DESTROYA

I hate when they do this, why even have only one game on the cart and have to download the rest. They must realize not everyone has a 1TB SD card 🤷‍♂️
I realize its for cost saving but still hate it. Oh well , I’ll still probably grab all 3 because I’m retarded like that.

Never played the original Xenoblade Chronicles does it have anything to do with the second game or is it a stand alone story?

Fun little video :messenger_heart:

Top Bottom