• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Trine Collection on sale for $20 in NA ... is it worth it? I've yet to play any of the games, so it feels like a decent time to grab all 4 if they're (mostly) recommended.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Trine Collection on sale for $20 in NA ... is it worth it? I've yet to play any of the games, so it feels like a decent time to grab all 4 if they're (mostly) recommended.

I played the first Trine and found it dreadfully boring. On a system that's lousy with platformers, I can't imagine wanting to play that one. I didn't like the movement feel, didn't like the puzzles, didn't like the aesthetic at all.... pretty much a miss across the board for me. If I was going to play a puzzle platformer on the Switch, I'd just get Mighty Switch Force Collection.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
When will I bump that ass?

sMm70YI.jpg

They already kind of have the early tools to remake Super Mario 64 in modern graphics. Odyssey is already very similar to 64 plus the post game already has Peach's Castle assets.

I could see them releasing a modified Odyssey as a 64 remake.

There's even a proof of concept of sorts of that with Throwback Galaxy. That stage was awesome. I think we're getting that alongside emulated versions of Sunshine and the Galaxy game in one package.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
damn if this is true it would be year saving. i played through both 64 and Sunshine on og hardware for the first time and both games are so much fun.

all they would have to do is drop one other big N title alongside it for the holidays (BOTW2, MP4, SMO2, etc.)

-Arcadia-

Banned
Surely theyll use stuff from mario 64 ds? The characters looked waaaay better

Speaking of, it’d be fun to have that version of Mario 64 as an option. I thought Yoshi and the others were actually a pretty enjoyable, novel way to play an old favorite.

It’s not the definitive version of Mario 64 or anything, but like Zelda’s Master Quests, it’s an awesome twist-up for fans that have played the vanilla version a million times.

Last edited:
Alex Jones mode here, Super Mario Bros came out 9/13 in Japan. SO MAYBE this will come out in September? Mario 64 also came out in September.

What I'm saying is that they will probably announce this soon enough lol.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I still have nightmares about trying to play Mario 64 DS with that thumbstrap...

Yep. I foolishly gave it a shot for a long time before joining the D-Pad Master Race.

It was so bad. Shouldn’t have been an option bad. The strap wasn’t even long enough to give you comfortable range of motion. I have no idea what Nintendo was thinking including that, much less promoting it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yep. I foolishly gave it a shot for a long time before joining the D-Pad Master Race.

It was so bad. Shouldn’t have been an option bad. The strap wasn’t even long enough to give you comfortable range of motion. I have no idea what Nintendo was thinking including that, much less promoting it.
I kept trying to convince myself it was fine, lol. “It’ll feel comfortable soon, don’t worry”.

How is that version of Flashback? I see the physical version relatively cheap here in Brazil a lot and I can never get myself to pick it up.

Have not played it myself, but from what I know it has optional graphical filters, new sound effects and optional redone score, as well as a rewind option. I believe it runs on Unity as well.

It apparently comes with these extras as well:

bktYcXY.jpg

Last edited:
Have not played it myself, but from what I know it has optional graphical filters, new sound effects and optional redone score, as well as a rewind option. I believe it runs on Unity as well.

It apparently comes with these extras as well:

Oh I remember now why it caught my eye:

post-38373-0-96127800-1537797032.jpg

I saw this version with the insane blue cartridge thing for sale and that's fucking awesome lol. Although that reversible cover in that new package is also very cool. More games should come with novelty shenanigans. There ought to be a law against games being sold without reversible cover.

I saw this version with the insane blue cartridge thing for sale and that's fucking awesome lol. Although that reversible cover in that new package is also very cool. More games should come with novelty shenanigans. There ought to be a law against games being sold without reversible cover.

Yeah, that edition of Flashback is nifty as well. :messenger_ok: I'll probably get one of these later, as I'm very fond of both these classics. I just ordered the Asian Final Fantasy VII & VIII Twin Pack while it's still available at my to-go retailer over here.

Yeah, that edition of Flashback is nifty as well. :messenger_ok: I'll probably get one of these later, as I'm very fond of both these classics. I just ordered the Asian Final Fantasy VII & VIII Twin Pack while it's still available at my to-go retailer over here.

That Final Fantasy pack is absolutely awesome and I hope I pick it up too. I've been thinking about the Dragon Quest trilogy one, but I heard those ports are ass. Shame though.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I noticed that the Grandia HD collection got a recent patch. Does anyone know if it fixed the things people were complaining about?

That Final Fantasy pack is absolutely awesome and I hope I pick it up too. I've been thinking about the Dragon Quest trilogy one, but I heard those ports are ass. Shame though.

Heh, having these once-PlayStation classics on a single Game Card is still a kinda "magic" idea to me. Who would've thought? As for Dragon Quest...hmmm yeah I saw there's an imbalance in the overall presentation of the game (high resolution assets over a 16-bit world). I must admit that a compilation of the three classics sounds neat though.

Heh, having these once-PlayStation classics on a single Game Card is still a kinda "magic" idea to me. Who would've thought? As for Dragon Quest...hmmm yeah I saw there's an imbalance in the overall presentation of the game (high resolution assets over a 16-bit world). I must admit that a compilation of the three classics sounds neat though.

Yeah I fucking love compilations for that reason, it feels like stuff you'd make up back in school. It's amazing how the industry is terrible at exploiting gamers sentimentality even considering the neverending flow of remakes. Just pack some older games with some extras and that shit is going to sell, what would it even cost the publishers to do that? There's a Limited Run I believe version of Yooka-Layle that comes with a N64 cartridge, I mean it's beautiful but why is it that limited? Make it a semi-standard version, like stuff you sell 6 months to a year after the initial release to get those who are on the fence. We get the bare minimum with physical games, I hope Nintendo gets it for the Mario thing they're planning.

Danny Dudekisser

Well, there is a bunch of stuff on sale now. Not a lot of exciting stuff, and certainly no Nintendo stuff, but... stuff.

I might pick up some of the music games - Deemo, Cytus, and Voez are all on sale.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
lol brah I have half a mind to get it a ship it to you for you.
thats okay, if amazon.com got it then Amazon.ca will get it eventually.....

right amazon? you wont dare to disappoint me.
PRg8.gif

Last edited:

its_Ditz

With this year being Fire Emblem's 30th Anniversary, what are the chances of a Remake this year?
Seeing how Echoes released in less than a year after Fates, I can totally see IS developing a Remake of Shadow Dragon based on Three Houses' engine.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
With this year being Fire Emblem's 30th Anniversary, what are the chances of a Remake this year?
Seeing how Echoes released in less than a year after Fates, I can totally see IS developing a Remake of Shadow Dragon based on Three Houses' engine.
I’d be happy with the GBA games getting a Switch port.

I believe there was a rumor about a remake on the 3DS being moved to Switch

Danny Dudekisser

I'd want the GC one spruced up, personally, but I'd take just about any of the older ones with a fresh coat of paint. I miss when the series was just a SRPG, not a Persona knock-off.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I'd want the GC one spruced up, personally, but I'd take just about any of the older ones with a fresh coat of paint. I miss when the series was just a SRPG, not a Persona knock-off.

I really enjoyed the first half of three houses and then the end of it was just a slog doing the same things over and over again.

its_Ditz

I'd want the GC one spruced up [...]

Dito. Path of Radiance´s plot to this day is the best of the series and quite frankly, despite many, MANY people not knowing this, offers sublime writing, like one of the best writings in gaming I daresay. Adding to that, Ike is still the most beloved (male) character in the entire franchise.
Gameplay was straightforward in comparison to recent entries, but still great. Serene´s forest to this day counts to one of the best chapter/s the franchise has offered.

I love Path of Radiance and Blazing Sword (the 1st entry outside of Japan). But I just think that an entry with Marth will most likely make sense as he´s kinda the mascot and a perfect fit for an anniversary title.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Danjin44 Danjin44

I missed it :(

Last edited:

Danjin44

Danjin44 Danjin44

I missed it :(

Me too.
source.gif

Danjin44

Xenoblade games are the hardest games to pre-order for collectors edition, they will sell out as soon as becomes available.

Top Bottom