• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

-Arcadia-

Banned
I thought there were way way more than 4 already? Did they just writeoff everything that came after Warped as non-canon?

History doesn’t seem to remember them as anything more than frequently released, mediocre brand damagers.

I’ve never played them, but kicking them out of continuity may make some level of sense.

Lrnex

History doesn’t seem to remember them as anything more than frequently released, mediocre brand damagers.

I’ve never played them, but kicking them out of continuity may make some level of sense.
Yeah it seems like once ND moved onto Jak and Daxter and the PS2 the series largely faded, similar to Spyro

Lrnex

That announcement only added to the hopelessness.
But this image is bursting with hope!
GOVkmRn.jpg

Min Min looks completely nuts though. I knew they would give the ARMS rep some range but good lord it’s out of control. Double FSmash that covers the whole stage AND shoots lasers? Why not!

Woopah

We're waiting for new games. Now that shit game takes up at least one month's spot, meaining that no matter what else is announced, it'll release later because of this one.
But that's not how Nintendo works, they're fine with publishing more than one game a month. New Pokémon Snap doesn't mean any other game is pushed back (and I don't know how you can call it shit after one trailer).

Astral Dog

It's ugly as sin but it does look like it might be worth a look. Would probably want to play 1 first though.
I don't think it looks that bad for a Switch game, at least quite a big leap over the first technically
Deadly Premonition 1
images

images

Heck it beats the brand new Mainline Fire Emblem game

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm excited that Shiren got a port. I was tempted to pick up the Vita version after I finished EO: Mystery Dungeon but I'll get it on Switch instead.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Never would have dreamed we’d ever see the return of this! I’m a prequel baby and played this constantly as a kid.

The prequels aged well tbh, I was always more an OT guy but watched the prequels a few months ago and had a good time.

Lrnex

The prequels aged well tbh, I was always more an OT guy but watched the prequels a few months ago and had a good time.
Agreed! No doubt nostalgia plays some part in it, but I always felt that era was the golden age of Star Wars. So many great books and games came from that era that expanded the universe. It also kept the IP relevant and allowed new fans to experience the OT as well.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed! No doubt nostalgia plays some part in it, but I always felt that era was the golden age of Star Wars. So many great books and games came from that era that expanded the universe. It also kept the IP relevant and allowed new fans to experience the OT as well.

I played Kotor 1 and 2 for the first time last year and I suspect that had an effect on my response to the prequels. The movies have their obvious flaws, but they were trying something new and were one man’s vision - there’s a lot to be said for that.

Saruhashi

Banned

Haha. Well, this will go down like a lead balloon over here.

Honestly I've given up hope on Nintendo announcing anything substantial until the end of the year.
Sounds like they were not going to have a stacked year anyway and the Covid-19 situation has made it worse.

I'd love to see a few decent titles scheduled for September, October and December but I strongly suspect we are going to be waiting for a long while now.

I would really love to see what Nintendo's E3 was going to look like.

I think that's largely in part to the unmitigated disaster that was the Disney trilogy. The prequels were not great at all, but I do admit that they're very charming and nailed the feel of the series. The third one is a legit good movie too.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I think that's largely in part to the unmitigated disaster that was the Disney trilogy. The prequels were not great at all, but I do admit that they're very charming and nailed the feel of the series. The third one is a legit good movie too.

While I agree the Disney trilogy was awful, I’d say playing KOTOR was more of a factor in my change of heart. They bridged the gap for me and took me out of the expectation that the original trilogy set up.

So these are all existing Nintendo-franchises (minus single entries):

Let's talk about which franchises you'd like to see a new game on Switch for.

Last edited:
Nintendo really doesn't want me to play Ninjala. The game's still nowhere to be found on the eShop. Nintendo's Dutch homepage has a banner for the game, but when I click on it, it says "Page not found." The heck?

Top Bottom