• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Let's see:

- 1080°, Pilotwings and WaveRace should get a combined sequel, including all the disciplines you know. Look at Ubisoft's Steep for inspiration.
- a proper WiiSports 2-sequel would be great. Develop Wuhu Island even further, let us freeliy explore on-foot, add all the necessary online-features (pvp, coop, leaderboards, etc)
- we NEVEr had what I'd consider a *proper* 3D Wario-game. The GameCube-one was so small-scale it really felt like a filler-game more than anything. Take Odyssey and build a Wario-game around that
- on that note, it's time for another 3D Donkey Kong-game. Again, make use of the Odyssey-assets and make us a DK-game that focuses on climbing, punching and exploring vast jungles and mountains and some underwater.
- Chibo-Robo on GameCube was such a surprise hit for me! And we never got a proper sequel. Give us another fake-Toy Story-game and it'll be perfect. The mix of classic adventure (find items and correctly combinate them) and platforming was great.
- Custom Robo for NDS was another surprise-hit. At first glance it looked like a throwaway title for kids. However, the way you could build your own robo and every piece of equipement *meaningfully* impacting action-gameplay was really satisfying. Much room for sequel.
- Look, I don't care about 2D-Mother games at this point: Reboot the Mother-series in 3D and just do it. Great story to be told from what I heard.
- Nintendo fucked up by not having a new Mario Strikers during the last worldcup, but it's still a spinoff that was one of the best. We don't need Mario Kart 9, we need Mario Strikers 3.
- As someone who found 2D-Advance Wars meh, I'd like a meaty Battalion Wars 2. If done correctly, it'd be Nintendo's answers to Battlefield.
- Punch-Out needs to drop the "woo hoo, figuring out the opponents repetitive patterns to beat him!" bs. Make it bonafide boxing game with a kickass presentation that feels like playing the Hajime no Ippo-anime and it's good
- Why we don't yet have a singleplayer-Splatoon spinoff is beyond me. I'm not into multiplayer, but I kinda like the franchise. And I doubt existing players would be opposed to exploring the Splatoon-lore some more.
- StarTropics is THE answer to the now changed Zelda-formula. Revive StarTropic, have it be what classic 3D-Zelda-games were with dungeons, linear progression relying on item-acquisition and such. And Nintendo needs more action-adventure games with a "mature" look
- Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agents, yes, because why not
-A new Excite Bike that really makes you feel the muddy ground and the skyhigh jumps is what I want, have it be DIRTY. Could add Trucks, too.
- Endless Ocean 3, because the first one is one of my favorite games of all times, the second was still great. Sometimes we don't need fantasy worlds, when the depths of the sea are just as wonderous and fascinating. Custom Soundtrack again pls.
- Hey, Miyamoto, a new F-Zero game that features 1080p60fps, 30player online-multiplayer and a track-editor would *not* be "uninnovative". In a world where Kirby Epic Yarn results in Yoshi Epic Yarn, I think we'll surive a F-Zero that's "just" fukkin awesome.
- An announcement for a 2021-Fire Emblem isn't too soon. Honestly, give us the Tellius Saga-Remaster/Remake. These imo best entries of the series are taken hostage by the GameCube and only via enormous prices on ebay. Unleash the kraken.
- Everybody wants more StarFox, but nobody wants more gimmick Starfox. Whether it's StarFox Effect or StarFox of War or StarFox Adventures 2, just give us a StarFox-game that's ambitious and not an embarrasment for the year 2020. Nobody (of relevant numbers) buys an arcade shooter in the year 2020 ... unless your selll it for maximum 20 bucks.
- It's time for a new Smash Bros - HEAR ME OUT: a NEW Smash Brothers. Nintendo cannot sell a run-off-the-mill sequel to Ultimate with less characters, that'll turn out ugly. Keep adding to Ultimate, port it to future Nintendo-systems, have it persist forever. On the meanwhile, create a 3D-Smash Bros game! Every Nintendo-hero plays like you're used from their own games, balance doesn't need to be perfect, and you'd have awesome arena-fights, fun-modes akin to Team Fortress 2, and so on.
- BotW 2 is hype. But there's more Nintendo could do, and Aonuma once said he'd like to do something else. So have him make "The Legend of Zelda: Hunters", Nintendo's own substitute for Monster Hunter. Using the BotW-engine and world, you create your own character from any of the existing races. You accept mission and can gather up to 3 companions, cpu or human (online), to hunt dangerous monsters in the world of Hyrule and its outskirts. Yes, this game should take place mostly beyond the known border of BotW-Hyrule. These hunters' job is to provide safety to new land for people to settle in, and they're also to keep the most dangerous monsters out of Hyrule to begin with. Basically, all the monsters Link fought in BotW1 are only leftovers that the hunters either overlooked or couldn't be bothered with. Differently to Monster Hunter, there's a heightened focus on abilities and environmental interaction, so instead of just slashing away at a monster's body (which you *can* do, too), you'd try to figure out strategies to inflict huge damage at once or even insta-kill it. Could be huge if done right.
- Xenoblade 3 is coming, ofc. But it's time for Xenoblade Warriors, and you know it. Give us the main cast from 1, X and 2 plus some extra characters like Kos-mos.
- Also: Xenoblade Dancing All Night - a music rhythm game featuring Xenoblade 2-characters. I wanna see a funny-yet-tragic love-song sung by Nia about how Rex wouldn't notice her.

And that's it. Phew. Got my hopless wishing for greatness out of my system :>

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member

Now I'm wondering what Baby Waluigi looks like...

For all your plush needs

gApuKrm.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
where is metroid

JaexzVh.gif

You know, Atlus was in a event a few days ago and then just covered a port of fucking Catherine for 30 minutes. I just...I just want news of SMT5 or Metroid 4. None of the new gen games do anything for me and I'm not really looking forward to anything on consoles outside games that have received no fucking updates. No 3d World news either. I'm fucking dying here. NINTENDO YOU ARE KILLING US! :goes back to ignoring backlog to play fucking gacha games:

I am NOT outrageous facts!

You know, Atlus was in a event a few days ago and then just covered a port of fucking Catherine for 30 minutes. I just...I just want news of SMT5 or Metroid 4. None of the new gen games do anything for me and I'm not really looking forward to anything on consoles outside games that have received no fucking updates. No 3d World news either. I'm fucking dying here. NINTENDO YOU ARE KILLING US! :goes back to ignoring backlog to play fucking gacha games:

We're not the only ones: Nintendo's Silence is really annoying. It is as worse as the periods of droughts on the Wii U. At least there is third-party support this time around. It says a lot when I am more excited about a upcoming remaster from EA, while Nintendo showed nothing to look forward to in the next couple of months.

Jooxed

Gold Member

Watching the CP2077 stream made me more sad, because can you even imagine Nintendo holding such an in-depth presentation for any of their upcoming games? THEY DON'T HAVE AN DEEP GAME LIKE THAT THAT COULD BE PRESENTED LIKE THIS! >_< Only small-scale, shallow stuff like Mario-ports, Pikmin-port et al, stuff that isn't worthy of any in-depth presentation. Even BotW 2 will need to offer a lot to deserve such. Monolith Soft's next game is our only hope to rival CP2077 and it's not even announced :/

Rodolink

We're not the only ones: Nintendo's Silence is really annoying. It is as worse as the periods of droughts on the Wii U. At least there is third-party support this time around. It says a lot when I am more excited about a upcoming remaster from EA, while Nintendo showed nothing to look forward to in the next couple of months.
I just wish this is their strategy, to drop a fuckn megaton, but it gotta be big.
extreme draught and then a fuckn tropical storm, dams opening, rivers flooding, tsunamis. which could only be by a Switch pro, or BotW 2020 or early 2021 release, or Metroid or Bayobaby 3

Jooxed

Gold Member
I've been gaming on Nintendo-systems for about 25 years now, and it's never felt as bad as right now. No game I'm interested in with a tangible release date.

Now that I'm finished with Xenoblade Definitive Edition, I just feel dead inside. Somewhat indifferent, albeit clinging to some desperate hope that is bound to be crushed.

:(

Idk what ya'll are talking about we got this gem today

carlosrox

Banned
Is this basically the NintenGAF thread?

No more rumors surrounding Directs? When does Nintendo plan on announcing their big games for the rest of the year?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I just wish this is their strategy, to drop a fuckn megaton, but it gotta be big.
extreme draught and then a fuckn tropical storm, dams opening, rivers flooding, tsunamis. which could only be by a Switch pro, or BotW 2020 or early 2021 release, or Metroid or Bayobaby 3

I mean, didn't they do this with Paper Mario Origami King? Out of nowhere a trailer and a few months off for release date. Looking forward to that game immensely.

Also I highly suggest folks look at Shinsekai and Bug Fables. Fantastic games on switch that some may not have played yet.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I know I keep asking this but there is really no plan to bering No More Heroes 1&2 on Switch? It would be perfect opportunity for people to play the first two games so they can get hype for the upcoming 3rd game.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I know I keep asking this but there is really no plan to bering No More Heroes 1&2 on Switch? It would be perfect opportunity for people to play the first two games so they can get hype for the upcoming 3rd game.

They said they wanted to ... but resources , nothing official.

Jooxed

Gold Member
That was a year and a half ago at this point though, right?

Yeah it was back in 2018

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah it was back in 2018

Yep, so hopefully they worked something out. Would much rather not have to spend a fortune to get NMH2 on Wii.

Astral Dog

Is this basically the NintenGAF thread?

No more rumors surrounding Directs? When does Nintendo plan on announcing their big games for the rest of the year?
There is nothing until August (at the earliest)

So it appears June is Sony s month, July is Microsoft and Nintendo is August.

Woopah

That has been confirmed? Nintendo said they won't have anything for July?
Nothing confirmed and we don't really know. The latest insight we got was that Nintendo was going to announce games one at a time until the virus situation settled.

So basically Nintendo could announce the Mario remakes, Pikmin 3 DX, Bayonetta 3 release date or anything else at any time.

Last edited:

Lrnex

Looking through the eshop today for the first time in a while, I noticed some games listed but no longer available for purchase. Is that like a licensing issue or something? Never noticed it before. It was Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Overwatch

Jooxed

Gold Member
Looking through the eshop today for the first time in a while, I noticed some games listed but no longer available for purchase. Is that like a licensing issue or something? Never noticed it before. It was Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Overwatch
They are all still listed for me.

Top Bottom