• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Intoxicate

Anyone have any experience with this controller?

I have both the original Pro Controller, the SN30 Pro and the Pro+.

I like them all, the normal Pro is super small, feels very retro (it’s like back in the days playing on a SNES). the Pro+ is a bit better when playing longer with the analogue sticks and has an improved dpad (the contacts on the board are less sensitive). That said, I never had issues with the dpad of the normal Pro. Compared to the Nintendo Pro, the Nintendo one ist the most compfortable feeling, but the dpad is worse. I never pick it up for retro games.

MMKcmUj.jpg

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I am! Just finished up the last Adept killer trophy too :D

Not too fond of crossplay with PC as killers such as Huntress and Nurse are given such a massive boon thanks to the improved controls of Mouse/Keyboard, but I am glad they added the ability for those interested. Will be nice to play with folks across the world on any platform!

I think nurse will be there worst. But I just escaped my first match with 4 PC players! I think it will do good for matchmaking. (Ignore those sweet sweet Nintendo Switch graphics)

9g7Fenl.jpg

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I think nurse will be there worst. But I just escaped my first match with 4 PC players! I think it will do good for matchmaking. (Ignore those sweet sweet Nintendo Switch graphics)

9g7Fenl.jpg

Nice, congrats! I still need to get around playing as Survivor. Pretty much have only played as Killer so far. Nice job on your first escape and here is to many, many more! 🍻

Skelterz

Trying to get into Xeno DE between long working days.. it’s actually a bit of a drag it’s the sort of game you need a holiday for imo doing a few side quests takes like 2hrs minimum 😂, I’m really hungry for that Mario collection I need some easy going platformer magic to reenergise me gaming wise I go through stages of games or guitars at the moment I’m playing a lot of guitar so it’s win win.

Mario kart 9 or BOTW 2 could change all that though give me that and I’ll have one dusty acoustic let me tell you.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Playing DP 2 at the moment. It's a love and hate story, as with the original. Francis York Morgan however, might possibly be the best video game character ever created. His positive outlook on everything and charming naivete is so irresistible that no matter how bad the game is, he carries the entire adventure on his shoulders like a boss.

Eevee86

Trying to get into Xeno DE between long working days.. it’s actually a bit of a drag it’s the sort of game you need a holiday for imo doing a few side quests takes like 2hrs minimum 😂, I’m really hungry for that Mario collection I need some easy going platformer magic to reenergise me gaming wise I go through stages of games or guitars at the moment I’m playing a lot of guitar so it’s win win.

Mario kart 9 or BOTW 2 could change all that though give me that and I’ll have one dusty acoustic let me tell you.
I dropped it twice when playing it on the Wii. Took me over a year to finish. DE came out while I was off work, otherwise I doubt I'd have ever gotten through it again. QOL improvements make it so much better when doing all the side stuff though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The dpad can't be worse than the pro controller's though. That's pretty much why I'm thinking of buying it.

Prob better?

The dpad can't be worse than the pro controller's though. That's pretty much why I'm thinking of buying it.

I have several 8bitdo controllers, but not this one. Their dpads are not the greatest. I swapped the dpads out with broken OEM SNES pads from eBay. Also, their bluetooth controllers have more lag than their 2.4 ghz controllers.

I’d recommend the Hori fighting commander if you’re just looking for a dpad. The downside is that it’s wired and has no analog sticks.

Last edited:

Skelterz

I dropped it twice when playing it on the Wii. Took me over a year to finish. DE came out while I was off work, otherwise I doubt I'd have ever gotten through it again. QOL improvements make it so much better when doing all the side stuff though.

It’s not a game that respects you’re time but half of it is that I’m a 90’s gamer. I burn myself out by doing everything I possibly can before moving on and I have the strangest inclination this game was designed specifically against that notion 🤣.

I need to just enjoy it at a pace of an adult that works and has children, Not like a junky teen that will happily skip bathing so he can farm the Grand Dragon in FF9.

8bitdo aren’t just any 3rd party - they make brilliant controllers. I have the mega drive one and it’s perfect.

They’re definitely better than most 3rd party controllers, but they’re not without their flaws. I own the one you have too. It’s good, but I ended up buying the more expensive joyzz, which is superior.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It’s not a game that respects you’re time but half of it is that I’m a 90’s gamer. I burn myself out by doing everything I possibly can before moving on and I have the strangest inclination this game was designed specifically against that notion 🤣.

I need to just enjoy it at a pace of an adult that works and has children, Not like a junky teen that will happily skip bathing so he can farm the Grand Dragon in FF9.
Terrible idea considering how stats are distributed

Eevee86

I played FF9 last year. Farmed the hell out of it at 10x speed.

When I played it, I did 5 hours a day (AFTER WORK!!!) for 5 MONTHS!!!!

I only got 97% completion but the final monsters and Items were super rare to get so I gave up.

Intoxicate

I have several 8bitdo controllers, but not this one. Their dpads are not the greatest. I swapped the dpads out with broken OEM SNES pads from eBay. Also, their bluetooth controllers have more lag than their 2.4 ghz controllers.

I did this with my very first SF30 Pro back in 2017. The early dpad a smaller ball/radius on the bottom,the latest (2019-2020) are identical to an oem SNES controller. Especially the SN30 Pro+ since it also has identical contacts on the circuit board.

They feel identical when you replace parts from an oem Controller now, which gives nice options:

es1JOl3.jpg

o1FQ8Mn.jpg

I settled on the SN30 ones with GB Edition Dpad and black/red buttons (nes Style so to say).

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Lol in what sense
Equipment affects how much your stats are raised per level. Overleveling also neuters you from having great stats. So does having stronger party members (because of Overleveling ) and they get no bonus stats gain.

Last edited by a moderator:
How was the messenger? The prequel coming up looks fantastic! completely different game style though. If its good ill buy it. Don't tell DESTROYA DESTROYA

I've just about finished The Messenger. Been playing it solidly over the past week. BUY IT. It's an amazing Metoridvania style game. Granted, it's not quite as good or as lengthy as Hollow Knight, but it is a joy to play. Excellent controls, beautiful 16-bit artwork (the 8-bit stuff less so IMO), and the soundtrack is god tier. The dialogue is fantastic too, genuinely hilarious at times.

Jooxed

Gold Member
What is our take on when the next Direct will drop, also next week?

If you go back and read the thread we’ve been talking about it for the past couple of days. We are supposed to get an indie world next week and another presentation (first Party assumed) the week after

DESTROYA

I've just about finished The Messenger. Been playing it solidly over the past week. BUY IT. It's an amazing Metoridvania style game. Granted, it's not quite as good or as lengthy as Hollow Knight, but it is a joy to play. Excellent controls, beautiful 16-bit artwork (the 8-bit stuff less so IMO), and the soundtrack is god tier. The dialogue is fantastic too, genuinely hilarious at times.

Been meaning to check this out, does this game come with the Picnic Panic DLC ?

-Arcadia-

Banned
I bought so many of those Animal Crossing cards to scan into Animal Crossing. In hindsight it was a waste, but at the time it was amazing.

For sure. I mean, we're talking 2003, years before DLC was a common thing. So, to be able to buy random (this part was fun) packs of characters, town tunes, and... items? (I may not be quite remembering, but it was cool stuff) was really actually quite something.

I still remember scanning in all the games like a crazy person, like ten cards in a row to play or something? Lmao. It was such a gimmick, but it was genuinely cool, and actually introduced me to a lot of great NES games.

Animal Crossing on the GameCube was crazy. The eReader support, the GBA link with the private island, the built-in NES games. I mean, the game was packed with stuff. I think for me, the eReader was solely an Animal Crossing thing. I don't remember scanning in the NES games more than once or twice.

Narasumas

Animal Crossing on the GameCube was crazy. The eReader support, the GBA link with the private island, the built-in NES games. I mean, the game was packed with stuff. I think for me, the eReader was solely an Animal Crossing thing. I don't remember scanning in the NES games more than once or twice.
Yeah it was my first time playing or even hearing of some NES games. Although I hear people say it sucks today, I spent a lot of time playing Warios Woods in my AC house ha!

-Arcadia-

Banned
Me a neanderthal :

WTF is that ?

OK after reading further I can see it’s some sort of scanner for stuff, what kind of stuff I have no clue but it looks very cool.

An add-on for the GBA. It goes into the cartridge slot, and you could buy (nicely cheap) packs of cards to scan in games (exclusively simpler NES games), or proto-DLC for Animal Crossing (which required a link cable, turning the whole enterprise into a four product monstrosity) or GBA games like Super Mario Bros 3... which might be the only one, now that I think about it.

It was one of those Nintendo being crazy things, but it was genuinely a good time.

Top Bottom