• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z dev: The PS4 controller (& Touchpad) will work on PC natively via USB

Guymelef

He is using the prototype.
original.jpeg
Hope it works with retail version.
Nedd @yosp with this.

calder

Man I hope it works day 1 with the retail controllers, and that the touchpad works. I'll buy an extra controller just to use on my PC, then I don't have to wait for the XBO controller to get PC support (which last I read wasn't going to happen until next year).

jsrv

..So does that mean it'll just be plug and play and won't need 3rd party programs like the PS3 dualshock?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
..So does that mean it'll just be plug and play and won't need 3rd party programs like the PS3 dualshock?

If the retail version works like this, yes. Some games only support Xinput (what the 360 controller uses to send button presses to the PC), though. They have emulators to fix that.

Well since I currently use a DS3 with my PC if the DS4 will work over bluetooth too I will happily upgrade, thanks Sony! :D

BadAss2961

That Dual Shock 4 bundle I pre-ordered from Amazon is looking really good right now. Dual Shock is generally better for action games and fighting games.

If true, hopefully developers start providing DS4 prompts.

Biker19

Banned
I will buy a 2nd PS4 controller just for this if this is true. :)

No longer will I need the Xbox 360 controller!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
He is using the prototype.

Hope it works with retail version.

It may just be the prototypes / "dev" controller that does this. I recall DC Universe Online being demonstrated at NY Comic Con...on PCs...with Dual Shocks connected. The devs there told me there were native drivers that just worked when they plugged it in. As we all know, there are no official drivers to the Dual Shock 3.

tensuke

Yeah I saw that reddit thread, thought it had already been posted here. Ah well.

Still, if it works out of the box on PC and Android, with the touchpad as a mouse, gat damn Sony. I could see this becoming the standard for PC controllers.

The Cowboy

Hmm, PS4 pad - touchpad for mouse control/laptop gestures, buttons for mouse clicks and a new version of the PS chat pad (if the make one) and that's a nice sofa surfer.

jsrv

If the retail version works like this, yes. Some games only support Xinput (what the 360 controller uses to send button presses to the PC), though. They have emulators to fix that.

If it works with Dark Souls II without fooling around with 3rd party programs that'd be good enough for me, guess I'll wait until the release to see how it works out instead of getting a 360 controller now

Relativ9

God I hope this is true, I have to use the DS3 360 converter mod right now, and while it works fine it's a bit odd to press Square and have it be X ect.

Atomski

Cool news if true. While as a PC gamer I prefer kb/m for most games there are still a handful that I do prefer a controller (racing, platformers and such).

More options is a great part of playing on PC. :)

Could be very cool if the controller is up to par. The PS2/PS3 controllers took a dip in quality after the PS1 dual shock (cheaper plastics, lighter weight, spongy face buttons), so I've stuck with a PS1 controller for my PC gaming needs.

This is too hard to believe considering the state of DS3 on PC and nothing is being done for it one bit and the fact all games on PC use Xbox gamepad visuals.

If true, DS4 will be the ultimate PC controller just due to the touchpad alone.

Oh let's fucking go. If the controller is better than the 360 pad this will easily be my new go-to.

Especially with that damn touchpad. I won't have to sneak up my mouse/remote mouse my phone for stuff? SOLD

Top Bottom