• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z dev: The PS4 controller (& Touchpad) will work on PC natively via USB

Rich!

This is absolutely amazing news. Holy fuck.

My DS3 has overtaken the 360 pad as my default PC controller (mostly due to it being better for retro titles), and if the DS4 has native support together with touchpad functions....oh man

I'd definitely be buying one at launch. I'm not even getting a PS4! Only problem is so far the price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BF6D63Q/

£54.99 currently for a DS4. Fucking ouch.

nib95

Banned
This is absolutely amazing news. Holy fuck.

My DS3 has overtaken the 360 pad as my default PC controller (mostly due to it being better for retro titles), and if the DS4 has native support together with touchpad functions....oh man

I'd definitely be buying one at launch. I'm not even getting a PS4! Only problem is so far the price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BF6D63Q/

£54.99 currently for a DS4. Fucking ouch.

The only negative for the PS4 thus far. Fuck you Sony sort that shodding price out. £55 for a controller is absolute daylight robbery, especially considering it's $60 in the US. Seriously, drop that shit to £45.

Rich!

The only negative for the PS4 thus far. Fuck you Sony sort that shodding price out. £55 for a controller is absolute daylight robbery, especially considering it's $60 in the US. Seriously, drop that shit to £45.

Technically, I could order it from amazon.fr. It's 59 Euros, which is £50. A fiver cheaper, and delivery is still free as far as I know.

But even then - £50. Fuck that. The problem is, not even the supermarkets will give offers on it. The Dualshock 3 is still £40 or so at Tesco. It's held the same value for half a decade - and Sony are entirely to blame.

YES YES YES!!!!

This is what I've been hoping for! Having hands on the DS4 would get rid of my 360 PC controller in a heart beat. This will probably be my default Steam controller.

nib95

Banned
Technically, I could order it from amazon.fr. It's 59 Euros, which is £50. A fiver cheaper, and delivery is still free as far as I know.

But even then - £50. Fuck that. The problem is, not even the supermarkets will give offers on it. The Dualshock 3 is still £40 or so at Tesco.

Forgot I could do that. Thanks for the tip. But yea, the price is a joke. Don't know why Sony dropped the ball on this bit.

Rich!

Don't know why Sony dropped the ball on this bit.

They haven't. Just like the DS3, they present it as a high end item, and it sells. Why change it when consumers have made it clear they're willing to be fucked over?

Should be natively supported via Bluetooth too. Wait, is DS4 Bluetooth?

It is bluetooth, the same as the Dualshock 3. And even if it isn't natively supported on PC, unofficial drivers will be up in no time - especially if USB is natively supported. Would make it incredibly easy to get running wirelessly.

Rich!

If the touchpad seriously controls the mouse then I will happily put up with any xinput/dinput BS. This sounds incredible.

My comfy couch gaming setup will finally reach it's final form

I wouldn't be limited in any way whatsoever, and reaching for my wireless keyboard whenever a mouse prompt comes up will be a thing of the past.

pushBAK

Hey, I posted this to reddit! Awesome to see this in the news. These demos were running on Windows7 as I recall, so I'm not sure how it'll work for Win8/8.1. Hopefully we get the same native support. I did not specifically ask if the touch pad worked natively as well, but I do not recall Galak-Z/Transistor using it in their demos.

Unrelated news, the Warframe demo crashed in the Sony booth; I got to use the PS4 UI for about a minute. It was...alright.

Am I the only one that was so happy that it charges via Micro USB? Thank goodness! I'm so glad they stop using the standard USB and opt for micro. I have so many of them around the house, this was the best news for me

Kvik

This is a most excellent news. Now, if we have the button prompts on the screen coming up as
18px-PlayStationTriangle.svg.png
18px-PlayStationCircle.svg.png
18px-PlayStationX.svg.png
18px-PlayStationSquare.svg.png
, then we're in business!

If I'm remembering right, the touchpad can detect at least left and right side clicks. At least, that's what someone said in an interview once.

Is this true? I want confirmation, it sounds too good to be true.

And touchpad has, at max, two-finger touch recognition, right?

Just pre-ordered a DS4. My PC gaming 360 controller is all gross, the sticks have loosened, it pretends it's running out of battery power when it really isn't - I'm ready for the new era.

Almighty

Very good news, hopefully it pans out. Been using my DS3 as a PC controller for a long time. So if the DS4 is as big of an improvement as they say I will be happily upgrading.

Top Bottom