• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Awards announcing World Premieres on Twitter [Up2: NMS, MGO, BB, 1886, KQ]

Boke1879

If people thought world premieres were going to be ALL new games you again fooled yourselves.

Also it's already been stated that these premieres will include both new game and games we already know about.

BiggNife

World Premiere means new footage. Not necessarily new games.

I only expect one or two actual game announcements like last year.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
When did he say that? Link.
Whoa whoa whoa. Source?

“The Nintendo holiday is off to a great start, but there’s a lot of work left to do and a few more surprises in store for our fans,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “With great deals coming on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and great content like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker launching next week, Nintendo will offer shoppers the best combination of fun and value this holiday season.”

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=42291

Nzyme32

You got too hyped if you thought "World Premieres" meant "new game reveals".

I remember the teasing of "World Premieres" for VGX by Keighley and then that was escalated 10 fold by GAF, and naturally it was practically nothing with the exception of No Man's Sky and Telltale's games.

Personally, I'm more interested in things that will be completely new to us rather than, a "World Premiere" of something we have already seen several times before plus a little bit more info.

Premiere by definition has usually related to the first ever showing or performance rather than it's 3rd or 4th teaser

Feindflug

Learned my lesson last year, their idea of a world premier is very different from mine.

This, it's pretty clear that Geoff counts new - never seen before trailers from already announced games as world premiers (well technically they are).

In other words you guys have to lower your expectations. :p

StuBurns

Banned
World premiere of actual gameplay? As of right now we've only seen some videos, which I believe are not actual gameplay.

Also expecting Uncharted 4. Star Wars perhaps? And of course the Last Guardian.
I sense something; a presence I've not felt since... TGS'10

RoKKeR

Ugh, I'm already tired of seeing No Man's Sky.

Again, keeping expectations low for the reveals but I'm hoping to be surprised.

Mononoke

Banned
Gametrailers* (I guess not technically gametrailers here?) has been using "World Premiere" to mean "new trailer" for a long long time.

Now, sometimes those new trailers are of a new game, but who knows. 2 of them? 1 of them?

Well because that is how the term has been used in other media as well. World premier just means a premiere of new content not seen before.

No man sky counts? Wow interest in game awards died down a lot if that's what they meant by world premiere. When you say that it's assumed you mean a new game. :/ well, as long as they got fallout 4 there everything is forgiven

-Horizon-

inCOknTwuojnm.jpg

Zelda U trailer believe

Bsigg12

I can't wait for the world premiere of Joel McHale, the co-host we both need and deserve.

There won't really be a host, according to Geoff. He said he would come up on stage a couple times to help move things along but there won't be a host in the traditional sense.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
No Man's Sky
MGO
Uncharted 4 Gamelplay
Fallout 4
Star Wars
4 Indies
Crackdown Gameplay
Other Stuff

Kyou

I really hope Nintendo announces Tropical Freeze 3D, and then Reggie just stares at Keighly for six uninterrupted silent minutes

Myggen

Did people actually expect that 12+ new games would be shown at this thing? Keighley already announced that MGS Online would be one of them, so...

people,

world premiere = something you did not know before

like how destiny at e3 2013 was a world premiere even though they showed a trailer of it on playstation meeting.

can we move on now?

With Nintendo taking part we've gotta see a world premiere from them. Personally hoping for the new Zelda but I'll probably be something more low key like XCX or Splatoon.

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Hey guys, just to clarify:
World premiere = new content shown on a game for first time
Game announcement = new game reveal

There are new games being announced at the show, but no we aren't announcing a dozen new games. There's a lot of amazing stuff coming out next year that fans want to see more of too. (And often we can get way more in depth gameplay from games further along in development of course).

No Man's Sky looks amazing, and what Sean is putting together is completely new and unexpected.

LastNac

Hey guys, just to clarify:
World premiere = new content shown on a game for first time
Game announcement = new game reveal

There are new games being announced at the show, but no we aren't announcing a dozen new games. There's a lot of amazing stuff coming out next year that fans want to see more of too. (And often we can get way more in depth gameplay from games further along in development of course).

No Man's Sky looks amazing, and what Sean is putting together is completely new and unexpected.

Is there a number on those game announcements?

Top Bottom