• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME Brighton post Shovel Knight amiibo - November 27th [Up: 4U2Play as well]

JoeM86

CNbRBI-WIAAD37C.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/GAMEBrighton/status/636926216642121728

Hmmm...

Sorry if fake, did a quick search for that amiibo to no avail.

Edit: Deleted, but other retailers also posted it http://www.4u2play.de/trendartikel/amiibo/zubehoer/amiibo-shovel-knight/425662

ZhugeEX

Banned
This has to be true now right? After everything else that has popped up surrounding this?

Edit: oh wait. This isn't on their website. Its just something they posted to twitter. In that case i'm going to take it with a pinch of salt.

There. Shovel Knight amiibo, not a character in Smash Bros.

This is what I kept implying but everyone was too caught up with the idea that amiibo meant Smash character.

Gnilres

I still don't know..

Even if they DO release it, not sure he would be in Smash. It would probably be released alongside the retail version of Shovel Knight and used as a selling point there.

massoluk

Banned
Yacht Club getting real cozy with Nintendo.

Will put him right on the spot next to Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, and Mario.

CengizMan

This looks legit, but I'm kind of confused. So is it also an amiibo if it is a character that is not featured in a by Nintendo developed product? What is the definition of an amiibo?

Woah snap! That's awesome! I hope more indie titles get with Nintendo for Amiibo in the future, because I would buy pretty much all of them forever.

Reaaaaaally hope this means the SSB rumor is also true.

Jawmuncher

mclem

"Nintendo products that Yacht Club Games will create in the future" strikes me as very interesting, if this is real.

However... the box is pretty clearly photoshopped. That's in itself not unreasonable; it could easily be work-in-progress or placeholder. But it does raise an interesting question: Why not simply show an image of the Amiibo, not the Amiibo in a box? The box isn't of interest to a potential purchaser, after all.

This looks legit, but I'm kind of confused. So is it also an amiibo if it is a character that is not featured in a by Nintendo developed product? What is the definition of an amiibo?

Is it a model with an NFC chip in it made by Nintendo to separate thousands of people from their cash while providing no real benefit other than sort of looking nice and maybe unlocking some small piece of content because everybody baulks at standard non-physical DLC but this way is absolutely fine?

Then it's an amiibo.

Yacht Club getting real cozy with Nintendo.

So cozy that their game has been released for so many platforms that you can be pretty sure that one day it'll be available to download to your Texas Instruments calculator from 1984.

hupla

Hopefully I don't get qouted 6 months from now by a poster with too much time on there hands if I'm wrong, but I'd say this would confirm hes not Coming to smash Bros.

Top Bottom