• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game.co.uk Emails circulating for Launch day 'Get gaming quicker scheme'

Vizzeh

Banned
The email will pretty much stipulate what it says on the now updated website with this info:

Want to be on the fast track to picking up your console (and games) on launch day*? Get Gaming Quicker service will let you come into your local store ahead of release giving you the chance to trade-in and even pay for your PlayStation 4 before launch!

Our Get Gaming Quicker product tour takes place between 10th-19th November in GAME stores across the country. Our teams will be able to dedicate the time needed to talk over your purchase options, including trading-in your old console(s) and offering an extra 20% trade-in value on three or more games, and putting the balance of your preorder onto a Gift Card ready for a quick transaction come launch day.

If you don’t want to go the Gift Card route, on Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th November you can head into store and actually pre-purchase your PlayStation 4, paying for everything ahead of launch. We’ll then give you a slip to confirm you’ve paid and with it, the chance to join the fast lane on launch night, letting you get your console 10 times faster at midnight or on launch day – and letting you Get Gaming Quicker

- See more at: http://playstationnews.game.co.uk/launch-day/#GGQ

--------------------------

Im particularly interested in the pre-pay to grab my console and accessories ASAP, not sure how I can get 'The chance' to join the fast lane, either I do or I dont surely?

I currently have a gift card with about £150 on it, I think judging by that wall of text I will just wait until the 27th/28th and hopefully get in the VIP line.

By the time I found out about this the Stores were closed, anyone find any more info about this?

Rich!

A preorder is an unsecured loan.

Pay the minimum fucking possible otherwise you're putting your money in the hands of fate. Look at what happened with Blockbuster today.

Or look at what happened with GAME merely a year ago. I mean hell, its unlikely to happen to GAME at this point, but honestly, is it worth not just being patient over instead?

Personaly I wouldn't feel comfortable going to and walking home with a PS4 from a midnight launch. That's why I've ordered and paid off both consoles online.

Valnen

Pay the minimum fucking possible otherwise you're putting your money in the hands of fate. Look at what happened with Blockbuster today.

Or look at what happened with GAME merely a year ago. I mean hell, its unlikely to happen to GAME at this point, but honestly, is it worth not just being patient over instead?

Don't think I have to worry about Amazon going out of business within the next 2 weeks.

Orbis

Don't think I have to worry about Amazon going out of business within the next 2 weeks.
Amazon are fine, but Game very nearly lost every single store when they went into administration. A large number are now permanently closed. That's exactly the same as what happened to Blockbuster, and they're back in administration today and it looks terminal. Game are still not in a great place financially, but they should be fine through the new console launches due to the increased sales. After that who knows.

I just leave money aside in a savings account; I'm spending something like £400 so it has at least earnt a small bit of interest :p

Vizzeh

Banned
Good point on leaving it as late as possible, Im definately interested in the this fast lane idea, its gonna be cold in late November, friend of mine said he was calling tomorrow to find out what the craic is

Valnen

Huh since when can I fully/partly pay of my pre-order on amazon before It ships?

You can apply gift cards to your order. Just email yourself a digital giftcard, redeem it, go to your preorder and click "Apply gift balance to this order" or something like that near the top of the page. Will look like this after it's paid off.

cNXYopv.png

Vizzeh

Banned
You can apply gift cards to your order. Just email yourself a digital giftcard, redeem it, go to your preorder and click "Apply gift balance to this order" or something like that near the top of the page. Will look like this after it's paid off.

cNXYopv.png

Damn I would hate the anticipation, wondering if the console would arrive or not on launch, more so because I have it booked off :)

Steroyd

I already have a fully pre-paid gift card hmmm... was going to walk in the morning of launch, but if there's a quick queue at midnight I may just do it then, just to see what a midnight launch is like first hand.

I already have a fully pre-paid gift card hmmm... was going to walk in the morning of launch, but if there's a quick queue at midnight I may just do it then, just to see what a midnight launch is like first hand.

PS3 midnight launch was horrendous. There was no queuing system, so people were almost fighting to be at the front of the crowd that had gathered and it only got worse once the doors opened.

The manager at my local gamestop was getting on my shit about having only the minimum down. I simply responded, why would I give up money that I could be garnering interest on, so that your company can instead. It's funny how many people in line kind of gave me this wide eyed, "wow I never thought about that" face.

Can you imagine the upselling they'll be doing at this. Doors locked, people can't escape. It'll be a free for all for staff to pressure people into pre-ordering and buying shit they don't need...

Haha, fortunately I know what I'm getting myself into to. They ain't getting anything from me as I've already preordered from somewhere else

I would avoid going this route, with the state of GAME as a retailer and the fact that all stock needs to be paid for upfront by the retailer it wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to get extra cash in the bank to pay for the hardware.

Dunkers92

I would avoid going this route, with the state of GAME as a retailer and the fact that all stock needs to be paid for upfront by the retailer it wouldn't surprise me if they are trying to get extra cash in the bank to pay for the hardware.

Extra cash to pay for the hardware a day/ 2 days before release? Riiiighhhhtt. And apart from the fact that all GAME stores have been allocated their stock for launch

I like how people are seeing this in a negative way. This makes your life much easier on launch day.

Extra cash to pay for the hardware a day/ 2 days before release? Riiiighhhhtt. And apart from the fact that all GAME stores have been allocated their stock for launch

I like how people are seeing this in a negative way. This makes your life much easier on launch day.

10-19th is over a week before launch? If you are happy to put your money into an unsecured loan with a troubled retailer that has already been in administration once, and as blockbuster has proved can happen again.. go ahead.

They may have stock allocated, but if they don't pay their invoice you can be sure they wont actually get it and it will just be distributed elsewhere.

You do realise that if these launches aren't as successful as hoped for GAME you will be seeing this headline again before christmas don't you?

Game Group goes into administration

madmackem

10-19th is over a week before launch? If you are happy to put your money into an unsecured loan with a troubled retailer that has already been in administration once, and as blockbuster has proved can happen again.. go ahead.

They may have stock allocated, but if they don't pay their invoice you can be sure they wont actually get it and it will just be distributed elsewhere.

You do realise that if these launches aren't as successful as hoped for GAME you will be seeing this headline again before christmas don't you?

Game Group goes into administration

Did you read it, you cant pay for it in fully till two days before, also i wouldnt worry about game im sure they can last the four week between now and launch.

Ovek

7Member7

I bet all the PS4 consoles and games they sell before Christmas will have those stickers on them saying "Property of Sony UK" or something like that.

Got the same email last night. I've tweeted them to say I'm interested in this. Anything to help me get my PS4 quicker at the midnight launch. I don't mind paying it off 10 days in advance. The money is just sat there anyway

Did you read it, you cant pay for it in fully till two days before, also i wouldnt worry about game im sure they can last the four week between now and launch.

Might want to read the original article?

They are asking people to put the balance of the preorder onto a giftcard

Our teams will be able to dedicate the time needed to talk over your purchase options, including trading-in your old console(s) and offering an extra 20% trade-in value on three or more games, and putting the balance of your preorder onto a Gift Card ready for a quick transaction come launch day.

Ovek

7Member7

What people are also fail to realise is that the Game Group got bought by OpCapita, Game isn't going anywhere for quite some time.

What people are also fail to realise is that the Game Group got bought by OpCapita, Game isn't going anywhere for quite some time.

This. What's with the scaremongering? They're giving people an option to make it easier at launch. GAME have been fantastic about everything so far and I really don't see this as a negative

Dunkers92

Might want to read the original article?

They are asking people to put the balance of the preorder onto a giftcard

No they are saying that the store credit you raise from trading in games/consoles can be put onto a gift card. Completely different

I actually work at GAME and can tell you for a fact that we are not trying to get people to put the balance of their preorders onto a gift card. People can do it if they choose, but the 10-19th period is primarily for trade ins of consoles etc. so that people don't have to wait ages for us to do trade ins and test consoles at launch.

No they are saying that the store credit you raise from trading in games/consoles can be put onto a gift card. Completely different

I actually work at GAME and can tell you for a fact that we are not trying to get people to put the balance of their preorders onto a gift card. People can do it if they choose, but the 10-19th period is primarily for trade ins of consoles etc. so that people don't have to wait ages for us to do trade ins and test consoles at launch.

The website says you can put the balance of your preorder on a gift card though. Isn't that referring to the whole balance?

I have a pre order down and I'm going to the midnight launch.

But I wasn't aware that it wasn't possible to pre purchase until a couple of days before.

I might do it since I'll be in and out quicker and the chance of a fast lane pass entices me.

DBT85

If I was in the same queue as the bastards who brought their entire collection with them to trade in when all I wanted was the console I would be one pissed dude.

If I was in the same queue as the bastards who brought their entire collection with them to trade in when all I wanted was the console I would be one pissed dude.

Seriously.

Fuck those guys.

I remember going to the midnight launch of something and there was this girl in line, wearing a big hiking rucksack that was getting in everyone's face. She finally gets to the till and she pulls off her rucksack, opens it up and takes out all these battered Wii peripherals that she wanted to trade in, then she got really antsy because she was being heckled by people in the queue.

The sales guy looked so uncomfortable having to do that while everyone was getting annoyed.

Dunkers92

Exactly, and this is the kind of situation we are trying to avoid. We are doing our best to make the process as fast as possible

The website says you can put the balance of your preorder on a gift card though. Isn't that referring to the whole balance?

Like I said that option is there for people if they choose, but really that period is to get as much trade in as possible so we don't have the massive trade ins at midnight/launch day and then put the balance from trade ins onto a gift card to use.

Exactly, and this is the kind of situation we are trying to avoid. We are doing our best to make the process as fast as possible

Like I said that option is there for people if they choose, but really that period is to get as much trade in as possible so we don't have the massive trade ins at midnight/launch day and then put the balance from trade ins onto a gift card to use.

Glad the option is there. I'll do that and take my old games to this meeting thing. I just want to be in and out at that midnight launch

Ovek

7Member7
Seriously.

Fuck those guys.

I remember going to the midnight launch of something and there was this girl in line, wearing a big hiking rucksack that was getting in everyone's face. She finally gets to the till and she pulls off her rucksack, opens it up and takes out all these battered Wii peripherals that she wanted to trade in, then she got really antsy because she was being heckled by people in the queue.

The sales guy looked so uncomfortable having to do that while everyone was getting annoyed.

Ha I remember picking up my ps3 not at midnight but early morning before work, there was this little fat kid with his mum who insisted to have his picture (including stupid poses) taken with everything his mum bought separately, and I literally mean separately - one pic of him holding his ps3, on of him holding ridge racer etc etc. The line got visibly antsy to such a point the manager told them to move the fuck along, the mum looked so pissed.

Vizzeh

Banned

Can you elaborate on what this fast lane queuing is and is this only available when you purchase your console in full the day before?

I would gladly do this...infact will pay you a few quid extra if you want to pass the console out the rear fire exit...fully paid for ofc :) - screw queing at end of nov :p has to be done!

Personaly I wouldn't feel comfortable going to and walking home with a PS4 from a midnight launch. That's why I've ordered and paid off both consoles online.
They tried to work with the police at my local store, and I believe the police basically said don't do it unless you can hire security. Pretty hilarious when you consider the cost of the Ecuador embassy siege.

I have mine ordered at amazon but want to trade in my ps3, unfortunately I don't have the original box so amazon will pay less than a tenner, will game accept a ps3 without the retail box?

I get that you wouldn't want people with a massive collection of shit to trade clogging up the lines, but if you're paying with cash, how much time would you be saving by paying in full before release?

Don't have a car or even able to get a ride from somone?

I suspect the walk from the store to the car park will be the most perilous part (as presumably, if you were looking to steal somebody's consoles, that's where you'd do it).

Top Bottom