• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developer's Conference 2013 (GDC) March 25th - 29th

Glass Rebel

Maybe they're offering more incentive to devs or something which could include partnerships.

Didn't Iwata specify earlier this year (or late 2012) that they'd partner up with other companies to bring more Japanese games to the West? I guess that's one of many advances to bring more games to their platforms.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any booth you guys want me to check?

Raven77

Not overwhelmingly likely (at least for the biggest things) as the press are still arriving, but we did already have the Magicka announcement.

There was also Turbine's DC MOBA.

Ahh okay, what about tomorrow? I go back to work wednesday so I want the announcements before then, that way I can dance at my computer.

Effect

Don't see any game announces coming from Nintendo based one what there session is titled. Maybe, hopefully we'll get a Nintendo Direct......please.

KageMaru

This is my favorite time of the year, screw E3. =p

Can't wait to hear more about Destiny and Ground Zero plus PS4 developments.

You are getting hyped for nothing, do not expect massive announcements of any kind. Even GDC has said they don't want it.

Rightfully so too, I don't want GDC to be more like E3, there's no need for that.

It's time

i4gsRYUlweSNC.gif

He will never be kaz.

Jackano

I did read the no live streams but, how much can I expect a video from the session with the Nintendo guys talking about making games on eShop with web technologies?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Going to grab my badge PM if you wanna meet or something
Im sure theres wifi there to chem dem PMs

The big question I have about GDC is whether MS are dumb enough to not officially confirm Durango.

Currently anyone talking about a next gen console game can only mention PS4.

Are they really going to let Sony have so much share of mind to themselves?

Meelow

Banned
Wonder if Nintendo will have a ND this week, hopefully we will have a Wii U Direct because I think the Wii U needs it.

Nintendo Direct: GDC 2013 please!

Especially considering the tweets and what Rich said.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
SCE at Game Developers Conference 2013

Wednesday, March 27th

11:00am-Noon
Overview of PS4 for Developers (Chris Norden)
2:00pm-3:00pm
Making PlayStation® Games in Your Underwear (Shane Bettenhausen)

Thursday, March 28th

10:00am-11:00am
PlayStation® Vita Development: From Start-to-Finish and Why You Should Be Excited About It (Alex Neuse & Mike Roush) (Co-Founders Gaijin Games)

Takuya

Banned
The big question I have about GDC is whether MS are dumb enough to not officially confirm Durango.

They were probably caught off guard by the early announcement by Sony. Having to register the "xboxevent" domain a day after the Sony event is pretty telling. They're probably rushing to get the unveil ready for late April.

Meelow

Banned

Well...They can also mention Wii U but I get what your saying between PS4 and Xbox 720.

What did they say?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/02/gdc-nintendo-to-show-efforts-to-expand-range-of-developers

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/312801502081208320

It's about Nintendo getting AAA games on Wii U.

@tyronerodriguez Big developers are out there shopping their games to publishers. Nintendo should outbid EA, Activision for those games.

@Emi1yRogers I actually much prefer what Nintendo is doing for developers behind the scenes--most of which, I can't discuss. #NDA

@twelvezero8 GDC is sooner.

Well...They can also mention Wii U but I get what your saying between PS4 and Xbox 720.

My experience with Wii U was fun, but nothing about it feels next gen. The OS barely feels 'this gen'.

Still if there are any new Wii U games to hear about it will be nice to see what happens now devs have had more time under the bonnet.

Takuya

Banned
I'm pretty certain we'll hear some new information about PS4 during GDC, to kind of get the masses speaking and speculating some more. Probably some new UI stuff or functionality, possibly some teasers/hints for software.

Quote : Meelow
@Emi1yRogers I actually much prefer what Nintendo is doing for developers behind the scenes--most of which, I can't discuss. #NDA

I like this. Everyone agreed, Nintendo must make efforts to attract devs (both big one and indies).

I really hope they do the right thing.

jmizzal

Wonder if Nintendo will have a ND this week, hopefully we will have a Wii U Direct because I think the Wii U needs it.

Nintendo Direct: GDC 2013 please!

Especially considering the tweets and what Rich said.

I would hope they have a ND or some kinda announcement, the only WiiU game I know is coming out in April is Injustice, we know Game and Wario is done since it comes out in Japan this week, Nintendo needs to get on the ball with their Spring lineup

Fersis

Im here gonna walk around

Jb

Are there games being actually playable on the show floor at GDC? I thought it was more like a student convention where you can talk to representatives & students from different schools to get an idea of what you want to do, but with game companies.

KKRT00

Are there games being actually playable on the show floor at GDC? I thought it was more like a student convention where you can talk to representatives & students from different schools to get an idea of what you want to do, but with game companies.

Its more business convention like CES, but more developers/media restricted.

Meelow

Banned
I would hope they have a ND or some kinda announcement, the only WiiU game I know is coming out in April is Injustice, we know Game and Wario is done since it comes out in Japan this week, Nintendo needs to get on the ball with their Spring lineup

Agree, Nintendo needs to reassure everyone.

Top Bottom