• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME dropping the ball again? (Fallout 4/UK)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/it-s...re-orders-are-being-cancelled-at-game/0158697

Couldn't see a thread on this...(I think this is related to the Pipboy edition)

6dpSDLw.png

I imagine this is because they take paypal payments on pre-orders but the paypal authorisation runs out in a month (or something like that...?), so the order fails on dispatch. Maybe it's to do with people's linked cards expiring.

I have a paypal pre-order with game for the Pipboy edition. It's been processed, not yet cancelled but not yet dispatched. I won't be particularly surprised if it is cancelled. Not really that bothered anyway tbh. I can live without the Pipboy.

Anyone having this problem?

Update...a wild GAME employee appears!

I work at GAME, the PayPal orders just need to be re issued. The stock is still allocated to the customer, it's just a matter of reconfirming the orders

KORNdoggy

these guys need to be ran into the ground. boycotted until they don't exist in the retail space anymore. they're shit

Tregard

Soothsayer
They have done the same with me, except as far as I know mine isn't a PayPal pre-order, it's direct debit, and they are claiming there is some issue with withdrawing funds despite the bank claiming otherwise.

Can't get through to anyone, utter joke. I don't know why they kept getting given such high ticket "exclusives" when they don't even have the basic skills to run the thing without a major cock-up.

Hasney

I imagine this is because they take paypal payments on pre-orders but the paypal authorisation runs out in a month (or something like that...?), so the order fails on dispatch. Maybe it's to do with people's linked cards expiring.

While I'm sure the PayPal thing will be happening as it does with every retailer who has pre-orders with it, it's not only that. Same thing happened on my MGS V LE that was just a debit card purchase and had to fuck around with them to get it sorted. Pretty much made sure it was the last time I ever use them, no matter what exclusive shit they have.

They have done the same with me, except as far as I know mine isn't a PayPal pre-order, it's direct debit, and they are claiming there is some issue with withdrawing funds despite the bank claiming otherwise.

Can't get through to anyone, utter joke. I don't know why they kept getting given such high ticket "exclusives" when they don't even have the semblance to run the thing without a major cock-up.

Maybe they tried to take 10 times the amount and they were rejected?

Wouldn't put it past them to make that 'mistake' again.

Things like this are always frustrating. Anti-consumer shit stores will always be shit stores. There's nothing you can do about it but move on.

NateDog

Yikes, feel sorry for people who depended on them for it but people really should just avoid GAME at all costs, this is way too regular an occurrence with them.

Couldn't this be like the PSN BOIII thing a few days ago where people got an email saying their pre-orders were cancelled, when really they weren't and the email was just sent mistakenly?

Tregard

Soothsayer
Couldn't this be like the PSN BOIII thing a few days ago where people got an email saying their pre-orders were cancelled, when really they weren't and the email was just sent mistakenly?

I reckon given how hard their phone lines are being slammed right now if that was the case we'd have recieved a follow-up email by now

KJRS_1993

Please guys :(
Never use them ever.
If they haven't fucked you yet, they will later. Game are so wanky it hurts, and you'll be mad pissed when they inevitably lose your order.

Ban Puncher

When GAME failed miserably and closed up shop in Australia a few years ago, they 'cancelled' all their pre-orders and ran off with the deposit money.

Haven't had a dispatch yet so it could still happen. I've already been through the pip boy cancellations the first time it happened so I'm prepared for the worst. They're fucking useless.

Never use them ever.
If they haven't fucked you yet, they will later. Game are so wanky it hurts, and you'll be mad pissed when they inevitably lose your order.
This. Do not buy from this awful store, even if they have an exclusivity deal.

Also, one of the first tweets in the OP uses the C word. Chill out mate, it's just a video game. There's no need for language like that.

Nodnol

When they cancelled my ME3:CE....that was the last time I ever did business with them. I know how those people are feeling! Amazon picked up all the orders GAME had, so I got it in the end.

I think that was right before they went into admin, and the publishers started pulling their products. What's the story behind this then? GAME overselling and not getting the allocation they were expecting? To do it this late is just a gut punch.

When GAME failed miserably and closed up shop in Australia a few years ago, they 'cancelled' all their pre-orders and ran off with the deposit money.

Heh. Gotta respect that kind of skullduggery.

Having said that, that's basically standard when a company goes into administration. Unsecured creditors are paid last.

dan2026

The fuck would you buy from GAME anyway?
They are probably charging £1000000 for fallout.

I got it for £38 delivered.

I stopped ordering from GAME in 2011. Both the Witcher 2 and Skyrim (Collector's Editions both of them) were delivered a day late, and I wasn't able to get any help from customer service on launch day when I was foolishly waiting at home for them to arrive...

I remember there used to be days when GAME could do online pre-orders without canceling loads of orders for payments failing. There might have even been days when you could change billing details...

these guys need to be ran into the ground. boycotted until they don't exist in the retail space anymore. they're shit
Notice how many of these are about in-store pre-orders?
which is also unsafe as in the past for games like Okami DS at least one manager has decided to steal the customers reserved pre-order copy to flip it on eBay...work in GAME people where you have to scalp to earn a living

Speaking of which how much does the pip boy version of Fallout 4 cost in-store compared with the online price?

Never use them ever.
Bu bu but where can I can get Fallout 4 pip boy edition without importing or scalperz.

Ban Puncher

Heh. Gotta respect that kind of skullduggery.

Having said that, that's basically standard when a company goes into administration. Unsecured creditors are paid last.

This was after they had been saying for months "We're not closing down! Please don't cancel your pre-orders!".

wH8TYvJ.jpg

And then they cancelled the pre-orders.

Beefy

Only thing I buy at Game is my console. I have a Game store ten mins from me so if anything goes wrong it's easy to get to. If your console is not working they just replace it there and then. But no way would I preorder a game or LE with them.

Demain

Game really do need to get their act together.

When I went in-store to buy Sunset overdrive at launch they had an offer saying "Trade in 2 certain games and get the game half price".

This reduced it down to £30 and I asked if they were selling it at £60.00, the guy clearly didn't agree with it but said it was what they were told to do. I took my two games and walked out.

I am all for supporting actual retail shops, but not when they actively try to fleece you. £60.00 is far too much for any physical game.

There is one guy at my local game who you can see is really into games however the rest of them just don't give a crap.

Chopper

"Well done for cancelling my pipboy order from June, you bunch of fucking cunts".

Brilliant. Thank the lord for Twitter.

They are probably doing people a favour with how cheap the Pip Boy actually looks anyway, but I guess it still sucks that orders are being cancelled.

Seems GAME need to get some new computer systems in place with all the recent problems they have had with orders.

This was after they had been saying for months "We're not closing down! Please don't cancel your pre-orders!".

wH8TYvJ.jpg

And then they cancelled the pre-orders.

yeah again, that's standard. I know it sounds crazy but the second you admit publically that you might be failing, then you have failed. You're fucked. So until a business reaches the point of no return where they have to go into administration they will operate normally and try and maximise profits. The second they go into administration, everything changes and creditors lose a lot of rights. It's shitty but that's how it works.

Lucifon

Don't think it's anything to do with PayPal. In fact if anything PayPal is probably the best way to pay with game. They've had a problem with their payment system for years. In the 360 days I had to stop using GAME because my payment would always fail - no reason given, fine with every other retailer I ever used. I went years avoiding GAME because I knew come pre-order processing time my order would be cancelled.

Seems fine for me now, but this isn't a new problem for them.

Machina

Banned
I imagine some dude down at GAME getting a phone call from Bethesda saying their shipment of Pip Boys won't be coming, and suddenly he's running around the office looking like this:

Gilofficial.png

Beefy

No they don't. They are a shit company but still employ a hell of a lot of people. I would never want a mass amount of people to get laid off.

King_Moc

Banned
Game cancel your order if your payment doesn't go through. It's ridiculous that they do it for limited items like this. I'm lost as to more publishers don't give their exclusive deals to more reputable firms.

They better not cancel mine!

I cancelled my Pip-Boy yesterday from GAME because I just don't want to support GAME. They've been consistently bad for me for everything except Amiibo, and once I thought about actually giving them £100 for the Pip-Boy edition I just didn't feel right. It's a shame I'm missing out on it, but I guess I was never that bothered anyway. I really hope they make good on this for those affected, what a mess. They've been taking forever on charging for it, too.

Go_Ly_Dow

If/when GAME goes under there won't be a single video games retailer across the UK high street. I imagine it will be a massive blow to manufacturers as a games focused physical presence won't exist.

For example demonstrating how something like Morpheus to the UK market won't be possible.

Not that I'm favourable towards GAME. Lower your prices and get gud, otherwise prepare to get out.

If/when GAME goes under there won't be a single video games retailer across the UK high street. I imagine it will be a massive blow to manufacturers as a games focused physical presence won't exist.

For example demonstrating how something like Morpheus to the UK market won't be possible.

Not that I'm favourable towards GAME. Lower your prices and get gud, otherwise prepare to get out.

They wouldn't just disappear. Someone would step in.

Go_Ly_Dow

Game cancel your order if your payment doesn't go through. It's ridiculous that they do it for limited items like this. I'm lost as to more publishers don't give their exclusive deals to more reputable firms.

They better not cancel mine!

There aren't any other firms in the UK.

You have online retailers, some entertainment chains and supermarkets, but not other video games shops where preorders can be focused and pushed.

Top Bottom