• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Game Importers?

Do you shop at Play-Asia?

Results are only viewable after voting.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Jun 9, 2004
jersey
when i lived in jersey i was straight NCSX all the way. cause i could pick the cheapest shipping at it would be there next day regardless.

living in IL now, i've used play-asia since. next import coming up is We Love Katamari!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Is this poll directed at importing japanese games only?

If not, videogamesplus.ca PAL represent.

Dilbert

Jun 7, 2004
I import accessories or game soundtracks on rare occasion, but do not import games. (That option wasn't really covered in the poll.)

WasabiKing

May 30, 2004
Oakland, Home of the Raiders
catfish said:
Is this poll directed at importing japanese games only?

Ah, I do forget that we are supposedly an international forum. *looks at crappy soccer sticky*

Basically, it's more of a question about how often people shop at Play-Asia. I'll keep this going for about a day. Thanks again to everyone who has responded.

Jun 9, 2004
Sorry, I've only ever dealt with NCS.

Don't import much anymore since the Saturn died off in Japan, and I only own one PS2 import that I snagged about a year or two ago from NCS.

I use DVDBoxoffice to import games from the USA/CAD to Australia. I've found them to be the cheapest place to get stuff, the Canadian prices give me a very similar price to Australian dollars, and The cost of getting stuff from them end up being between 20-30AU CHEAPER than buying it in a store.

I've bought a few things from Lik-Sang also. I ended up buying Sonic Heroes a few months before it came out here, 20AU cheaper.

I'd say I like stores which keep the shipping inside the price, ie "Free Shipping". Much easier to note everything.

Acosta

Jun 9, 2004
Yes, I use to buy from them every two weeks, depending of the week offer that is the feature I like more of them. The shipment is cheap, reasonably fast and I like they have so much stock. Lik-Sang is great for new games, but they haven´t oldies or offers.

I import all my games from...oh wait, I live here

Die ;)

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
May 31, 2004
Room B
www.veryshortpier.com
WasabiKing said:
Ah, I do forget that we are supposedly an international forum. *looks at crappy soccer sticky*

A foolish thing to forget when asking about game importers - I'd guess the percentage of PAL gamers who import is much higher than the percentage of US gamers who do, for obvious reasons.