• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Importers?

Do you shop at Play-Asia?

Results are only viewable after voting.

atomsk

Party Pooper
when i lived in jersey i was straight NCSX all the way. cause i could pick the cheapest shipping at it would be there next day regardless.

living in IL now, i've used play-asia since. next import coming up is We Love Katamari!

Ironclad

I voted "sort of", mainly because I have imported a few games from Play-asia recently.(Kururin games) I have used Lik-sang and NCS as well however.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Is this poll directed at importing japanese games only?

If not, videogamesplus.ca PAL represent.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
john tv said:
I import all my games from...oh wait, I live here. :p

I import from the states because I live in Japan..

maskrider

hmv.co.jp and local import stores for Japanese games
hmv.co.uk, gameplay.co.uk and cd-wow.com for UK games
ebgames.com, gamestop.com and local import stores for US games

Dilbert

I import accessories or game soundtracks on rare occasion, but do not import games. (That option wasn't really covered in the poll.)

catfish said:
Is this poll directed at importing japanese games only?

Ah, I do forget that we are supposedly an international forum. *looks at crappy soccer sticky*

Basically, it's more of a question about how often people shop at Play-Asia. I'll keep this going for about a day. Thanks again to everyone who has responded.

Sorry, I've only ever dealt with NCS.

Don't import much anymore since the Saturn died off in Japan, and I only own one PS2 import that I snagged about a year or two ago from NCS.

WindyMan

I use Lik-Sang. I enjoy their Payback Points Program and stuff. It just sucks that the shipping takes some time if I don't feel like spending some money. I sometimes use Videogame Depot if I have some imports to trade-in.

Rlan

I use DVDBoxoffice to import games from the USA/CAD to Australia. I've found them to be the cheapest place to get stuff, the Canadian prices give me a very similar price to Australian dollars, and The cost of getting stuff from them end up being between 20-30AU CHEAPER than buying it in a store.

I've bought a few things from Lik-Sang also. I ended up buying Sonic Heroes a few months before it came out here, 20AU cheaper.

I'd say I like stores which keep the shipping inside the price, ie "Free Shipping". Much easier to note everything.

Acosta

Yes, I use to buy from them every two weeks, depending of the week offer that is the feature I like more of them. The shipment is cheap, reasonably fast and I like they have so much stock. Lik-Sang is great for new games, but they haven´t oldies or offers.

I import all my games from...oh wait, I live here

Die ;)

NotMSRP said:
Playasia affiliate program?

Yup. Although there hasn't been much of announcement yet, GAFazon UK has stunk, GAFazon.ca is just as bad, with GAFazon leading all the way. If there is enough interest, we may consider it, but then again, we may not.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
WasabiKing said:
Ah, I do forget that we are supposedly an international forum. *looks at crappy soccer sticky*

A foolish thing to forget when asking about game importers - I'd guess the percentage of PAL gamers who import is much higher than the percentage of US gamers who do, for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom