• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer 218 details (Assassin's Creed, Rayman Origins)

Riposte

- In order to make the world more immersive they've done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help

Very, very lame.

Pooya

SolidSnakex said:
Updated the OP to include the few details about Altair in this issue.
It doesn't mention her at all. There's just a small part of the article that talks about Desmond's part in the game.
Thank you.

Luthos

While I wanted a new setting and main character, Ezio is still a cool main character, and the AC games have been getting better.

So yea I'm still hyped for Revelations.

squicken

Not a single thing about AC sounds like it's for the better

1. Hook thing? No thanks. Keep God of War out of my AC please

2. More Ezio. Are we going to play the next one where Ezio has to carry a portable oxygen tank and take side missions where he gets colonoscopies?

3. I want to play Assassin's Creed, not stare at fucking menus. The worst part of AC:B was crawling over to the bird coops and going through the menus to send the minions off to wherever. Now I've got to fucking craft bombs?

I have no problem with RPGs and menu screens, but they are antithetical to this series. It's like when some dumbass decided to make a Burnout game where you paused the game every 30 seconds to make sure you were going the right way

rataven

Bombs sound pretty rad. And the Borgia Tower expansion and variety is music to my ears. Some of those Borgia captains were whily, compelling foes.

I wonder who will play the Leo support role in Constantinople? Aw, and I guess depending on the timelines, Leo's probably not around anymore. Oh no, another loss for Ezio :(

So hyped for ACR.

REV 09

i actually feel as if AC is just now reaching it's stride.
AC was jank
AC2 was good with poor pacing
AC Brotherhood was good with good pacing and a surprisingly good mp
AC Revelations = ?

Not a single mention of Altair? The fuck? Ezio is a cool character, but I had my fill of him in Brotherhood, I was hoping this would feature more Altair than Ezio. :/.

szaromir

Banned
Luthos said:
While I wanted a new setting and main character, Ezio is still a cool main character, and the AC games have been getting better.

So yea I'm still hyped for Revelations.
If done right, Constantinople should feel like a new setting. It was entirely different culture, different architecture, clash of religions etc.Keep in mind that the world in XVIth century was less uniform than it is nowadays.

Red

The bomb thing is weird. What would the purpose of 300 varieties of bombs be? You've got explody bombs, smoke bombs, maybe flash bombs... what else? Bigger explody bombs?

seat

SolidSnakex said:
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

- Multiplayer is returning but this time they're trying to give more focus to the narrative since that's a big part of AC
Hell yes. In fact, there's nothing in the details for the new AC that disappoints me.

Empty

the beyond good & evil info isn't very useful, we knew it was in development for a period, we know it's on hold now, 'taking a break' is just a nice way of saying it from ubisoft's perspective as it sounds better, and given that michel ancel is actually getting to release a game for the first time in six years he has a reason to peddle the ubisoft line.

ancel will probably be at e3 showing the game though and get a million bg&e2 questions, so maybe he might let some more info slip or people will ask about story and gameplay ideas rather than release info.

Varjet

SolidSnakex said:
They actually are. The article pointed out that the 4 characters being used were Rayman, Globox and two teensies. I'll add that to the OP
Yes, finally I can be the King.

ShockingAlberto said:
MY BALLOON
Good thing the modern rubber balloon wasn't invented until the 1800s. Unless...
"Leonardo!"
"Ezio, you're just in time, I invented a small colorful gas-filled sphere! I have given one to all of the city's children. Oh what fun they'll have!"

fernoca

Wow, all that information about Revelations! :O!
It was a day one purchase already, but darn!! That's quite impressive.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, in Revelations... you are Desmond, looking into the memories of Ezio, who is looking for the memories of Altair?

Uh, okay. It really does sound like they need to move on to AC3 and a brand new character now.

jett

D-Member
Randomized side-missions? Sounds more like they're out of time and can't be bothered to do some actual game design.

Kintaro said:
So, in Revelations... you are Desmond, looking into the memories of Ezio, who is looking for the memories of Altair?
j9wl1f.jpg

miladesn said:
It sounds like Red Dead Redemption to me.
Yep. Might work, might not. Even AC:2 and Brotherhood had random thieves and couriers though, so maybe this is just an extension of those ideas.

Anything that makes the world more alive and interactive is worthwhile in theory.

fernoca

miladesn said:
It sounds like Red Dead Redemption to me.
Exactly.
In Brotherhood they started doing this too. You walk around, see some people fighting, get close to them and that triggers the mission. Or just continue walking and ignore it.

Seems they're expanding that kind of mission structure more than anything; which is not a bad thing.

ultron87

Sounds like they are really beefing up the management of your Guild stuff. Since I really enjoyed the incredibly minimal implementation of it in Brotherhood this is great news to me.

Darktails

Zero-Crescent said:
Good thing the modern rubber balloon wasn't invented until the 1800s. Unless...
"Leonardo!"
"Ezio, you're just in time, I invented a small colorful gas-filled sphere! I have given one to all of the city's children. Oh what fun they'll have!"

I literally lol'd. :D

LizardKing said:
what's this balloon thing you guys are talking about??
In Spider-Man 2, people would sometimes be in trouble or ask for help from Spider-Man.

On literally every block, there was a kid that screamed "MY BALLOON" and asked you to get it for him.

If you do and come back to the block, he will be back again.

So you hear "MY BALLOON" a hundred times an hour.

TheOGB

Banned
FUCK YEAH, RAYMAN

Assassin's Creed is cool too i guess

ShockingAlberto said:
In Spider-Man 2, people would sometimes be in trouble or ask for help from Spider-Man.

On literally every block, there was a kid that screamed "MY BALLOON" and asked you to get it for him.

If you do and come back to the block, he will be back again.

So you hear "MY BALLOON" a hundred times an hour.
Only bad thing about that game?

fernoca

BoobPhysics101 said:
Shit, will we have to manage his condition like Old Snake in MGS4?
Because all 50 years old have conditions? Especially 50 years old like Ezio that are quite agile and athletic? :p

Angry Fork

REV 09 said:
i actually feel as if AC is just now reaching it's stride.
AC was jank
AC2 was good with poor pacing
AC Brotherhood was good with good pacing and a surprisingly good mp
AC Revelations = ?
More like:
AC1 was alright/sometimes good for it's time, jank now.
AC2 was great for it's time, good now.
AC Brotherhood was/is great.
AC Revelations = ?

mogor

Not to keen on the crafting system, i mean, 300 types of bombs? Sounds completely unnecessary.

Still, can't wait for more Assassin's Creed, i just love the setting and everything about it.

fernoca

mogor said:
Not to keen on the crafting system, i mean, 300 types of bombs? Sounds completely unnecessary.
I think that is not like they went out to make 300+ types of bombs, but more like that's the amount of the possible combinations you can make; based on the things you mix. If they included less "ingredients", the number would've been lower; if included more then higher.

People also need to remember that Ezio in his 50s, looks like this:

ZTdGA.jpg

And that being on their 50s, doesn't mean decrepit, weak, sick. Look at guys like Tom Ford or Tony Ward which are close to their 50s, Dennis Quaid and Bruce Willis who are over 55...or Sylvester Stallone who's over 60.

Heck, even my parents are 65 and are more agile, awake and stronger than many of my under 30 year old friends. XD

fernoca said:
And that being on their 50s, doesn't mean decrepit, weak, sick. Look at guys like Tom Ford or Tony Ward which are close to their 50s, Dennis Quaid and Bruce Willis who are over 55...or Sylvester Stallone who's over 60.

Heck, even my parents are 65 and are more agile, awake and stronger than many of my under 30 year old friends. XD
Yeah, but you're talking about people living in 2011, not the early 1500s where the life expectancy (not to mention quality of life) was far, far lower. It's anachronistic at best, counter to all the references to Ezio being old to the point of becoming past his prime in Brotherhood at worst.

gdt

I AM JOHN! said:
Yeah, but you're talking about people living in 2011, not the early 1500s where the life expectancy (not to mention quality of life) was far, far lower. It's anachronistic at best, counter to all the references to Ezio being old to the point of becoming past his prime in Brotherhood at worst.

Well, he is a master assassin, always always in top form physically.

soldat7

Xater said:
Nothing. There wasn't even much in ACB to be honest. They will just pull out some little shit out their ass to justify this game. Ubi is getting into the realm of diminishing return with this franchise.

Are they planning on an AC3 at all?

Top Bottom