• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer April Cover: Saints Row: The Third

Gravijah

V_Ben said:
Dude, if you get it for PS3, I will co-op the thing as my guy from SR2. It will be glorious.

I get most of my games for PS3 these days since it's way too annoying to get online set up on my 360. So I shall be getting this on the PS3!

Fjordson said:
Oh, I know, but the mention of Johnny Gat bobble heads made me laugh.
I'm calling it right now- a Johnny Gat bobble head doll included in the limited edition.

It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

Haliela

Saint's Row 2 is amazing. I love that you can play a female when the game was clearly designed for a male dialogue. I still remember my female character saying "you had me at stripper pole"... cracked me up.

Mesijs said:
The Third is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC this holiday season.

Well that's surprising. Also I hope I can select a gang color this time, I'm just not down with the purple posse.

Phloxy

Megalodactyl said:
Just picked up SR2 on steam to play through it again with my buddy, are there any mods?

Oh god yes there is, make sure you google gentleman of the row mod. Super easy to install, and has about 11 pages worth of changes to it.

Dabanton

Tylahedras said:
Well that's surprising. Also I hope I can select a gang color this time, I'm just not down with the purple posse.

Erm purple is the saints gang colour can't see them letting you change that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SalsaShark said:
UcA2I.png

that's a huge bitch!

Seriously though, how does she fit in that plane?
It's not a very big plane - think of those smaller private jets. Come on, it has propellers on it even, not turbojets.

FunkyPajamas said:
Wait, so this went from hip-hop gansta to douche matrix?
I would hope not. The cover art pieces looks like it would fit in SR2 as well (aren't at least two of those chars also present in SR2?), just that they added more insane shenanigans with the freefall stuff and the dudes are in suits.

Also, thread needs karaoke sing-a-long vid links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVgDXg9Wnf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BoIEY4xA4

~Kinggi~

Banned
Couple of awesome things here:

New City

More Power

"Global" implications.

Crazy ass shit.

Great opportunity for this franchise i think.

Messi

~Kinggi~ said:
Couple of awesome things here:

New City

More Power

"Global" implications.

Crazy ass shit.

Great opportunity for this franchise i think.

You missed dudes falling out of planes with guns. Should be it's own heading.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Messi said:
You missed dudes falling out of planes with guns. Should be it's own heading.
that go under crazy ass shit.

OneLetter said:
There's not enough exclamation points in the world to describe how awesome it is to finally reveal Saints Row: The Third, and on the Game Informer cover, too! Kinda wish the :D smiley was here though...

I should also mention that this was easily the best kept secret, ever. Nobody had a clue we were making it at all. Nope.

Good luck to you and the team. Im definitely looking forward to it!

Messi

OneLetter said:
There's not enough exclamation points in the world to describe how awesome it is to finally reveal Saints Row: The Third, and on the Game Informer cover, too! Kinda wish the :D smiley was here though...

I should also mention that this was easily the best kept secret, ever. Nobody had a clue we were making it at all. Nope.

You guys are awesome. Volition represent!

Hope to see some screenies soon though or some video.

WrikaWrek

Banned
One thing i can expect from this is an over the top story with over the top characters and over the top hollywood like action.

bathala said:
my guess is coming to reality
airplanes = new city(ies) to travel.

I really hope they create a large, diverse world. After seeing what Just Cause 2 did, it would be amazing if The Third (yeah I said it) could be even 1/2, or 2/3 as big but with the crazy amount of customization of The Second (YEAH I SAID IT) had.

Can't wait.

bathala

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
I really hope they create a large, diverse world. After seeing what Just Cause 2 did, it would be amazing if The Third (yeah I said it) could be even 1/2, or 2/3 as big but with the crazy amount of customization of The Second (YEAH I SAID IT) had.

Can't wait.
yes, just cause 2 has the best world in open world so far.

if its not going to be as big as Just Cause 2, Airports might be a "portal" to other cities

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As long as the white female gangster voice is back, I'll be happy. I still think that was the most hilarious part of the second game.

Top Bottom