• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer April Cover: Saints Row: The Third

Mesijs

Update:

cov_5F00_216_5F00_v2_5F00_l.jpg

cov_5F00_216_5F00_v1_5F00_l.jpg

Original:

Lock if old... got it today in the mail as press release.

STRAP IT ON THIS HOLIDAY WITH SAINTS ROW®: THE THIRD

THQ and Volition Inc. Take Open-World Action Over the Top and Then Some in
Next Installment of Vaunted Franchise.

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. – March 3, 2011 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) and Volition, Inc. ® today announced the upcoming release of Saints Row®: The Third, the highly-anticipated next installment in the multi-million unit selling Saints Row franchise.

Developed by Volition, Inc., Saints Row: The Third is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC this holiday season.

“Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organization,” said Danny Bilson, THQ Executive Vice President, Core Games. “There’s no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm.”

The first details of Saints Row: The Third will be revealed in the exclusive cover story in Game Informer®’s April issue, shipping to subscribers in early March 2011.

About Saints Row: The Third
Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to a new city, playing out the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen. Strap it on.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's not Saints Row 3, it's Saints Row: The Third. Fix the damn title dammit!!!

Anyways, excellent news. I'm so ready.

The plot sounds really good, fits in well with the saints row universe.

Rollo Tomasi said:
I just bought Saints Row 2 as part of that Best Buy buy 2 get one free deal. Maybe i should start playing it?
The game can look a little bland in areas but play it for the story missions, well worth it for the entertainment value.

Wiggum2007

Haha story sounds ridiculous, and a new city is very exciting! I'm hoping there's some GTA:SA style countryside areas.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
BigBoss said:
There better be a Johnny Gat bobblehead in the collector's edition.
True! The story sounds pretty hilarious (in a good way) after 2, especially with the startlingly dark things the player character does to "take back" Stilwater.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SAINTS ROW®: THE THIRD

Cool.

Years after taking Stilwater for their own, the Third Street Saints have evolved from street gang to household brand name, with Saints sneakers, Saints energy drinks and Johnny Gat bobble head dolls all available at a store near you. The Saints are kings of Stilwater, but their celebrity status has not gone unnoticed. The Syndicate, a legendary criminal fraternity with pawns in play all over the globe, has turned its eye on the Saints and demands tribute. Refusing to kneel to the Syndicate, you take the fight to a new city, playing out the most outlandish gameplay scenarios ever seen. Strap it on.

These Syndicate peasants will feel the awesomeness and badassery of the almighty 3rd Street Saints.

sullytao

About time. After having the announcement delayed so many times I feared it would miss 2011 release window.

I also want an irl Gat bobblehead :D

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Mesijs said:
,“Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organization,” said Danny Bilson, THQ Executive Vice President, Core Games. “There’s no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm.”'

Thank you.

Now, hopefully they find a way to make new missions and keep 'em fun.

Most of the ones in SR2 were fun, but some like the bodyguarding and sewage trucking could get a bit annoying in later levels.

Keep the insane storyline, female voice 1, and keep upgrading the sandbox, and you've got me sold.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I love having GTA as the more serious open world game and Saint's Row as the goofy-do everything crazy like you could in old GTA games, game. :)

Deadly Cyclone said:
I love having GTA as the more serious open world game and Saint's Row as the goofy-do everything crazy like you could in old GTA games, game. :)

Yeah, that's pretty much my feeling. Sandbox games have really spoiled me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gravijah said:
So, who's co-oping with me?!

I will if you get the PC version.

Anyways, the lameinformer cover is kinda weird but they're flying through the air which is always fun. I liked it when you unlocked no fall damage so you could freefall out of a plane and hit the ground without being hurt.

Top Bottom