• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer April Cover: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Twookie

I said best tho.....

exactly!
clock-eyebrow.gif
clock-eyebrow.gif

Drake should've ended up with her....

Yeah I said it!!!!!

no no no

CHC

Really fucking excited for this. I actually wound up appreciating Uncharted 4 more on my second playthrough than my first.

The only criticism I have with UC4 is that the platforming lacked any real 'challenge' and that the ratio that it shared with visceral combat was pretty uneven. I know the devs at ND are all aboard wanting to tell these character-drive stories, but it feels like they are becoming more & more willing to sacrifice gameplay in order to achieve it. I only say this because of the reaction i've seen online from a few ND people whenever this critique of UC4 has come up.

All this to say - I hope that the combat/non-combat ratio & pacing is more in-line with what they had in UC3, TLOU, and UC2 in The Lost Legacy. Seeing that would really dispel my fears about where I think they could be leading TLOU2, which would be a downright shame.

Ricky_R

Discarding Chloe's face on GI's cover, I think her face in TLL is a more natural update from her Uncharted 2 render.

She looked great in UC3, but I liked her distinctive look in UC2 and this seems more in line with her initial look.

Discarding Chloe's face on GI's cover, I think her face in TLL is a more natural update from her Uncharted 2 render.

She looked great in UC3, but I liked her distinctive look in UC2 and this seems more in line with her initial look.

I thought she and Elena looked weird in 3.

oti

Banned
Kicking myself for not getting the Season Pass with this Singleplayer story when it was 10€ at Media Markt.

Davide

In a weird way I don't know if I want to play this. I absolutely loved Uncharted 4 but I kind of want it to end on that note, at least not with other characters.

Glassboy

I wonder how people are gonna feel about this game if it has even less combat than uc4. I loved Uc4 and the pace, but I could definitely do with a little more combat. If only because it was so damn fun.

Venom.

Uncharted 2 is not given enough credit for being perfect. So it will be great to have Chloe return in a lead role and explore the world through her eyes without Drake being there - although I suspect there has to be a Drake easter egg or appearance somewhere in the game! I just don't know why Naughty Dog are bringing Nadine back, the two dimensional antagonist from U4. Maybe they want to tell a story about kick ass girls, I just wish they'd come up with someone new.

She looks like a weird witch on that cover.

DerZuhälter;231642015 said:
What's wrong with her face?

Uncharted 3's E3 trailer Chloe is still the best looking, hottest and yet classy Chloe.

U2 Chloe looked ok but very cartoony.

Lost Legacy Chloe looks fucking weird. I hope they listen to the complaints and change her up a bit.

Would be nice if the artist actually made Chloe not look a little ugly...

Happy International Women's Day

Strike

Looking forward to seeing even more of the world and its characters being expanded upon. Hopefully Charlie makes an appearance as well.

"This is the single largest level we've ever done in Uncharted," designer James Cooper said to Game Informer of the Western Ghats, one of the two locations GI demoed, noting that it's larger than Uncharted 4's Madagascar level.

Chloe will record findings about the environments she and Nadine explore on her phone, as she was seen using in the game's reveal at PSX. The jeep Chloe drove in GI's demo also featured a winch, as did vehicles in Uncharted 4, and the development team is taking feedback from the last game, including more puzzles but less crates to help companion characters navigate the world.

raw

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
wtf at her nose? It looks totally wrong. She looks like the drawing of that optical illusion with the crone and the young woman.

Damn, didn't know this is a full-ish game now. Hoping for gunfights galore with jet packs for all characters to minimize the amount of traversal.

Zukkoyaki

After reading the IGN article, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks end up enjoying Lost Legacy more than Uncharted 4. Seems like they're acknowledging some of its shortcomings and making improvements.

Sanojio

Got the digital issue, will reveal. Spoilers obviously

They originally planned doing a Sam & Sully story but they said his age was too much of a limiting factor. Then they thought of a Sully origin story and how they knew each other. Drake's life has been mapped out and there isn't much left to do with his past
Chloe is half Indian and half ???
Nadine lost Shoreline, but why is she a solo merc? what happened with her treasure? That will be revealed
Game is entirely in India
The villain is a mercenary and philosopher named Asev who "thinks" he is a descendant of the Hoysala Empire which lasted until the 15th century. He feels the Tusk of Ganesha should be his by birthright
Chloe has a little inferiority complex, she wants to be famous as Drake, her father was an archeologist, she was raised Hindu and she is very knowledgeable with Indian history
ND is taking extreme pains to be respectful with Hindu culture and history.
There will be multiplayer and the game will connect with UC4 multiplayer & survival co-op directly
Chloe can't climb as well as drake, she has no knowledge of martial arts so she fights more to stun, evade, uses her reflexes and slight frame to her advantage
Chloe and Nadine have several outfits
Chloe hired Nadine to help her find the Tusk. The treasure hunting community is small and they know each other by reputation
Nadie and Chloe don't trust each other at first, but as they trust each other they fight more effectively together
The rope from UC4 is in
How will these two women who never trusted anyone, been completely self reliant learn to work together? That's a big theme. They have very different backgrounds but they are ruthless and driven in their own ways,
The game will be better paced and more puzzle heavy, some brainteaser, some environmental
Drake had a journal, Chloe has a phone
There won't be any crate puzzles, well one or two as a joke

Zukkoyaki

They originally planned doing a Sam & Sully story but they said his age was too much of a limiting factor. Then they thought of a Sully origin story and how they knew each other. Drake's life has been mapped out and there isn't much left to do with his past
Nadine lost Shoreline, but why is she a solo merc? what happened with her treasure? That will be revealed
The villain is a mercenary and philosopher named Asev who "thinks" he is a descendant of the Hoysala Empire which lasted until the 15th century. He feels the Tusk of Ganesha should be his by birthright
Chloe has a little inferiority complex, she wants to be famous as Drake, her father was an archeologist, she was raised Hindu and she is very knowledgeable with Indian history
There will be multiplayer and the game will connect with UC4 multiplayer & survival co-op directly
Chloe can't climb as well as drake, she has no knowledge of martial arts so she fights more to stun, evade, uses her reflexes and slight frame to her advantage
Chloe hired Nadine to help her find the Tusk. The treasure hunting community is small and they know each other by reputation
Nadie and Chloe don't trust each other at first, but as they trust each other they fight more effectively together
The rope from UC4 is in
How will these two women who never trusted anyone, been completely self reliant learn to work together? That's a big theme. They have very different backgrounds but they are ruthless and driven in their own ways,
The game will be better paced and more puzzle heavy, some brainteaser, some environmental

Sounds like it's pretty close to a full game. Thanks for posting!

The rope from UC4 is in

Everything sounds great. Better paced and more puzzle heavy makes it even better. The IGN article also states that there will be more battle encounters. This standalone seems very meaty. Probably a $30 or $40 dollar game.

Bold One

Wow, that does not look like Chloe at all... perhaps the revelation that she is part Indian has made them do a re-design?

And lol at people trying to compare her to God Queen Elena.

Oh and I hope Nadine dies in the first hour...not a fan at all

Will wait for a trailer, but I am excited to see what this new team can do

Top Bottom