• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer cover coming today, 20 pages long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
1.) They're teasing it, so it presumably at least has some relevance (they didn't tease really late covers like Ghosts and Destiny to my knowledge).
2.) It's coming out a week earlier than normal, so it might be trying to slot in before a fiscal call (like Ubisoft is on the 10th).
3.) They're not saying anything else about this, and it's quite long, so that suggests it's probably a rather known property (like Assassin's Creed).
4.) I don't have any idea what it actually is and am just giving Ubisoft/AC as an example of what kind of thing I'd expect (regular sequel to an annual or biannual game), not a hint.

Andy McNamara ‏@GI_AndyMc 11h

Reveal is tomorrow. It's a big story. 20 pages. RT @TaleSpun: Do you have a tease for the next Game Informer cover?

https://twitter.com/GI_AndyMc
Andrew Reiner ‏@Andrew_Reiner 11h

Game Informer cover reveal is tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Reiner

Silky

Banned
assets-images-gawker-2008-07-lowered-expectations.jpg

But seriously, it should be cool if you don't overhype it to be something OUTRAGEOUS~

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn it's been (almost) a month since the Evolve cover already? Time fucking flys.

That said, can't wait, hopefully it is something awesome, at this point, every new game is exciting for me because of the next gen.

Watch Dogs Wii U blowout

If they are in fact re-branding Watch_Dogs (which I doubt is happening), now would be the time to re-introduce it.

I'll throw my chips on The Order. The recent "leaks" seem contrived. Plus if this was an a new game announcement, they would label it as such.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The Legend of Cranky Kong: A Banana Between Buttocks

Seriously, Zelda U. Believe.

Silky

Banned
God, a hyper-stylized GI cover of Sunset Overdrive...fucking awesome....

seriously variants of GI 'themed' covers are great

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if it could do with any future Square products? They haven't revealed any fall games this year and between now and late 2015, we're not expecting much big releases and we know Eidos has Hitman/Tomb Raider 2/ Deus ex cooking up, and they will pretty much have Thief released out of the way this month so they need to begin marketing something else.

Nemesis_

We're about due for a new Assassin's Creed reveal, aren't we?

Or maybe a new Resident Evil.

Just a random thought >_>

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bayonetta 2.

Bsigg12

Possibly Titanfall related. There is a big press event in LA about Titanfall today.

They already had a Titanfall cover though. I wouldn't mind a blowout of info though.

For games I would like to see, Sunset Overdrive could be pretty awesome.

belushy

Banned
I'll just say H2A or Halo 5... probably won't be, though. It being something about Ubisoft is definitely likely.

Timurse

Banned
I bet on the Order 1886 as there's gonna be a presentation today (1.5 hour long with 40 minutes of exact game showing) in London. And the overall embargo can be lifted in a week giving GI their exclusivity.

LuuKyK

The Order makes sense considering they will have the 40 minutes press presentation for the game today and all that, but who knows.

iMax

Not if Halo 2 Anniversary is coming first.

Well, that's debatable. Microsoft have said "Halo on Xbox One" is definitely coming 2014. If that's some cheap way of selling a delay by replacing it with Halo 2, then that is one damn sucky move.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I almost think it's going to be Dragon Age.

I bet on the Order 1886 as there's gonna be a presentation today (1.5 hour long with 40 minutes of exact game showing) in London. And the overall embargo can be lifted in a week giving GI their exclusivity.

The order I bet, maybe.

Possibly Titanfall related. There is a big press event in LA about Titanfall today.

These have all already had VERY recent covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom