• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer December Reviews

I'm so happy to hear that Skyward Sword is getting great reception. I've been on 100% complete blackout for that game so I have idea what to expect, but at least it sounds like people are liking it.

Saint Gregory said:
Based on my time with the game I agree with the review. The overall score is harsh but I can't understand why Sega thought it was a good idea to have so many stages based on the recent 3D games. The few Genesis based stages make the others feel so horrible in comparison.
My pet theory is that the game was rushed for Christmas 2011.

A lot of it just falls apart at the end.

Speevy

Banned
Hero_of_the_Day said:
Holy shit at Hulk Hogan. A 1 from gameinformer must mean it's the worst game ever.

Yeah, it's even worse than Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

It really must not appeal to their demographic.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
kassatsu said:
That payday review for ps3 is weird. Mentions a class system which the game does not have.

Er-Assault/whatever/whatever isn't a class system?

Shurs

kassatsu said:
They are nothing like classes though.

Obviously, you would know better than I do. I don't own the game.

I'm just assuming people are calling them "classes" because each upgrade path has an individual name and it can be switched in-game.

G4 also called them "classes."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sonic Generations – 6.75

This one stands out to me the most. Although from what I hear of the final boss maybe it isn't too off the mark. Reading the full text...

House of the Dead: Overkill – Extended Cut – 8

Glad to see the port-remake turned out better than I thought it was looking to.

Ranger X

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
NFS The Run got a lower score than I expected especially after the excellent Hot Pursuit.

Wonder what other reviews will say.

Well, after playing the demo my reaction "eww, will never touch again". This score is even higher than the one I would probably give the game. :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AniHawk said:
what did they have to say about rayman origins that makes it not as impressive as subpar mario 3d land?

oh man i haven't had an opportunity like this in a while

CFhys.gif

kassatsu

Banned
TheSeks said:
Er-Assault/whatever/whatever isn't a class system?
I don't think so. It is a terrible way to describe it, imo. It is just what he said earlier in that sentence, a progression tree. All players are the same, there are no differences.

Classes would be like "demo man" that only have certain items they can use. You have free range to choose whatever in the game.

My bigger complaint with the review is his crying about having to play with a controller. He is their PC gamer and can't wrap his mind around COD style gamepad controls.

His other issues are totally valid, like with AI, animations, etc.

Top Bottom