• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer has released a God of War Ragnarok Combat Preview

Pedro Motta

How did I know someone would bring that up! Lol, yes, that's an exception and not the rule for GoW 2018, I got the plat trophy so it's fair to say I played it thoroughly, when compared to previous games it's not even *near* the same level of gore.
I know where you're coming from with this, because most of the enemies don't have blood in them, so because it's orange or green goo that spills out it's not as "gory". But I actually think that if you replaced those effects with blood it would definitely be even more visceral than the old ones, the feeling is there.

From who? Only critiques I've ever read about GoW combat are from usual people who happens to have issues with every single Sony produced title.

From time to time I still boot the Muspelheim 100 enemies challenge at GMGoW difficulty just to feel like a literal, well.. God of War.

Jason McDonald is the fucking GOAT.

The most satisfying third person combat in any game i've ever played, and people praising TLoUII melee like a sort of second coming always felt funny to me, since it's nothing more than a Mobile version of GoW melee.

I think he meant posters on here, not actual game reviewer critics.

I know where you're coming from with this, because most of the enemies don't have blood in them, so because it's orange or green goo that spills out it's not as "gory". But I actually think that if you replaced those effects with blood it would definitely be even more visceral than the old ones, the feeling is there.
Have to disagree though you're right about the blood colour, I was conscious of that from the very beginning.

When you think back on moments like bashing in Theseus's head with a door, slowly sawing off Hermes' leg, savagely tearing off Helios's head (with skin stretching effect!), literally beating Hercules's face to a bloody pulp or so many other fights that are still clear as day in my mind you quickly realize that yes, SSM absolutely toned things down, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Ah yes, an 800 x 450 rez image of gameplay, really disappointed. Pre-order cancelled.
I can confirm that Game Informer magazine picture quality is shockingly bad. It's written on newspaper quality paper no joke. Used to be better back in the day but about 5 years ago they cheaped out and started using toilet paper.

That being said I'm not seeing a difference in quality of GoW from the last time they showed it.

[Sigma]

unimpressed-ehh.gif

We should be seeing a meaty gameplay trailer instead of these random clips that, if I'm being honest, aren't the most flattering.

I'm thinking a state of play should hit this thursday.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

I can confirm that Game Informer magazine picture quality is shockingly bad. It's written on newspaper quality paper no joke. Used to be better back in the day but about 5 years ago they cheaped out and started using toilet paper.

That being said I'm not seeing a difference in quality of GoW from the last time they showed it.
We should wait until proper gameplay’s shown.

Last edited:
I would have been more excited if there was...let me think...Oh yes! A long action segment to accompany that dry article.
The GI guy said that we would be seeing more footage in a week or two...I certainly hope Sony won't give us the middle finger by doing away with a meaty showcase, and being content with a GOW trailer only! 😐😐😐

Fredrik

I’m not blown away by the visuals, Returnal looks better, then again this could be the PS4 version for all we know since it’s not Sony’s content but GI rushing something out to be first. Hopefully Sony will have their own Ragnarök event.

Anyhow, it’ll be a long wait to see it pop up on the PS+ Premium game catalogue, hopefully to too long though.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I hope it’s not too frantic and doesn’t suffer from doom eternal sickness of ramping things up only for the sake of it.
Which is also problem with Elden ring

Top Bottom