• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Info(rumours,New Ip from 3d realms and more)

The M.O.B

I know the other threads already have the Rock Band and Fallout news so Ill post the other stuff.

Previews:(If you want some info on a specific game just holla,chances are the info in them is not new)
Earth No More
Playstation3/Xbox 360/PC
Style:1 Player Action(Online Multiplayer)
Publisher:TBA
Developer:Recoil Gamers(run by the co-founder of remedy)/3d Realms
Release:2009

Story:
ENM opens in a small New England town recently quarantined due to a mysterious out break.Poison red Vines spread quickly,simultaneously strangling and terraforming the environment,not to mention mutating nearby plants and animal life.The Spore causing all this is not from space;they are actually trying to stay away from sci-fi cliches.The Spore is caused by man's ongoing and abusive tampering with nature her self.The Lead character happens to be at the ground zero along with four other characters that he will team up with along the way.The Primary thrust of gameplay surrounds the nucleus of the human interaction,which is the ensemble cast.Each character is fully realized,with their own back stories,personalities,motivations,and secrets.You will get to see real character growth.ENM will have no cutscenes,the game uses a conversation mechanic that will rival Mass Effect.Players will work alongside allies in a manner more along the lines of HL2 instead of Rainbow6,with everything to puzzle solving to attacks.In addition to the ability to play through the entire campaign via online co-op,ENM will allow players to jump into others games posing as an enemy(im guessing like The Crossing).Recoil and 3d Realms know they are talking about the game a little early,but it's all part of the plan.Also ENM runs on the UE3.

From the art and some of the other things they show it looks like a Fps with a lot of character interactions.They say its like Aliens,War of the Worlds,Terminator,28 Days later,and The Thing all put together.
Other Previews
The Chronicles of Riddick:Assault on Dark Athena
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Project Gotham Racing 4
Fracture
GOW:chains of Olympus
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Skate
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 08
Rayman Rabbids 2
Beautiful Katamari
All-Pro Football 2k8
Madden NFL 08
NCAA Football 08
Fifa Soccer 08
Left 4 Dead
Time Crisis 4
Sword of the New World
Blazing Angels 2
DMC4
Silent Hill Orgins
Ghost Squad
Universe At Wat
Boogie
Lifesigns
Typing of the Dead II
The Witcher

Reviews
Spider Man3(360-ps3)-8,8.75
The Bigs-7.5,7.5
POTC,6,6.5
NG:S-9,9
MLB07-the show-7.5-8
Odin Sphere(GOTH)8.5,8.5
.Hack vol2-5.75
Tony Hawk:DJ(ps2)-4
Tomb Raider Anniversary-8.5,8
Hot Shots Tennis-8.25,8.25
RE4:Wii-9.5,9.5
Mario Party 8-7.25,6.5
Mercury Meltdown Revolution-6.5,7.5
Spider Man 3(Wii)6.5,6.25
Call of Juarez-7.25,7
Forza 2-8.25,9.25
LOTR:Shadows of Angmar-8.5,8.5
PaRappa the Rapper(psp)-8,8
Driver '76-5,6.5
HM:Futuristic Harvest Moon-7.25,6.5
FF:Anniversary Edition-7.5
Dynasty Warriors DS-6.5
SNK vs Capcom card fighters-6.5

Rumors
Eidos France Director general Patrick Melichor said that the company is looking into resurrecting the Deus Ex franchise

Possibly a new fighting franchise game from Kudo Tsunoda(Fight Night)

Slant six is doing the off shoots Socom Confrontation and Socom Tactical Strike while the series main developer Zipper is readying Socom 4.(Basically Confrontation isn't Socom4)

I hope some of this is new

Busty

Banned
Thanks man, appreciate the effort. With the Fallout 3 megaton it looks like an official Game Informer issue thread fell between the cracks. Great work all the same.

I know there are people on here like me that just can't get enough rumours......:D

RumFore

Banned
Busty said:
Thanks man, appreciate the effort. With the Fallout 3 megaton it looks like an official Game Informer issue thread fell between the cracks. Great work all the same.

I know there are people on here like me that just can't get enough rumours......:D

What Fallout 3 megaton?

Seems like a pretty huge and solid monthly magazine. Pity about the whole GameStop relationship, though. I don't think that is healthy for a magazine's staff when you essentially have corporate responsibility vs. honest opinion.

Scores seem to smell a bit too.

The M.O.B

Zenith said:
Riddick and DMC4 details plz.

didn't they already unofficially announce Deus Ex 3?

Riddick
-Revamped version of the original game
-they said no backwards compatibility on 360 helped them to decide to make this
-Game includes loads of new content
-the actual environments and locations,characters,weapons,and the lighting have all been reworked
-entire new chapter being added that picks up at the end of the first game
-Multiplayer will also be added this time around

DMC4
Nothing New if you kept up with the latest info

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The M.O.B said:
Earth No More
Playstation3/Xbox 360/PC
Style:1 Player Action(Online Multiplayer)
Publisher:TBA
Developer:Recoil Gamers(run by the co-founder of remedy)/3d Realms
Release:2009

I guess they have to bankroll Duke Nukem Forever somehow.

AniHawk

The reason I will continue not to believe in GI's review section:

Mario Party 8-7.25

Other Mario Party reviews:

Mario Party 2: 5.25
Mario Party 3: 4
Mario Party 4: 3
Mario Party 5: 2
Mario Party 6: 6.25
Mario Party 7: 5

They have never given the series higher than a 6.25. This is just in line with their Fable and Super Paper Mario/Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door review-type policy: "Let's hand out higher scores for what we think our audience will like, instead of how we thought it played."

Hell, a 7.25 is higher than the average for MP8 review scores.

Garbage.

AniHawk

DiatribeEQ said:
AniHawk, you saying that Fable & Super Paper Mario *weren't* good games?

I'm saying that Fable wasn't a "10/10," that SPM was a "9.5/10," and that PM:TTYD was a "6.75/10."

They admitted to try and reflect their reviews on what their audience would think. The editor-in-chief (I think it was Andy MacNamara, at least) admitted to as much here during the Paper Mario 2 fiasco. Basically, system that's successful has game that's good but not great? "BIG GIGANTO SCORE: BUY NOW." Same quality game on a lesser platform: "Eh, it's all right. I guess."

szaromir

Banned
What's your point with Fable, AniHawk? It got IMO too high score from GI (9.5), yet it wasn't on very popular platform.

AniHawk

szaromir said:
What's your point with Fable, AniHawk? It got IMO too high score from GI (9.5), yet it wasn't on very popular platform.

I think they were just catering to the "We love M games and nothing else" guys that sorta took over from 2001-2005.

Linkup

Weren't the magazines shown some stuff at Nintendo's gamers day that the online sites didn't get to see. So next issue we should get that info or no?

The M.O.B

Linkup said:
Weren't the magazines shown some stuff at Nintendo's gamers day that the online sites didn't get to see. So next issue we should get that info or no?
I doubt it's anything good,maybe just some more screens and info on already known games.

And yeah TOTD2 is still japan only,most likely US soon.

Top Bottom