• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer January cover - No Man's Sky

261-cover-reveal-front-610.jpg

This month we bring you the Science Fiction Issue, headlined by the ambitious No Man's Sky. We flew out to Hello Games' Guildford offices in England to see new elements and get some answers on this enigmatic game. For the first time you will learn about the imposingly large galactic map, the enemy forces you'll be battling, new details on the economy and upgrades, and much more.

Next up is an eight-page feature on the upcoming Destiny expansion, The Dark Below. We played all of the new story missions, strikes, and competitive maps, and even tried out the new raid. We asked Bungie about raid loot drops, non-skippable cutscenes, storytelling complaints, PVP exotic bounty issues, and plenty more. In addition to our magazine feature, if you'd like to read all about The Dark Below immediately, we just posted a separate preview online to coincide with the announcement of this issue.

Our standard preview section takes a break this month with a package completely devoted to upcoming sci-fi games. Evolve leads the pack with a full rundown of the final tier of hunters and detailed explanations of all previously unannounced modes. We also check out Halo 5: Guardians, Axiom Verge, Battleborn, Mighty No. 9, Quantum Break, Star Citizen, and Star Wars Battlefront, to name a few.

Link

EDIT: NEW FOOTAGE KLAXON!

And there's new gameplay footage in the coverage trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A6ffb1Snbk

Ehh, I would have preferred something else but at least I can read up more on the game. Looking forward to learning more.

Atomski

All these good games coming soon and the pick No Man's Sky?
What would you have picked?

Plus it's not like they can just easily pick.. gotta go with what developers are willing to give out. No Man's Sky is one of those games that is still pretty mysterious and has a lot of details not given out yet.

Hmmm.... Quantum Break stuff, though probably will be small and nothing new, but here's hoping for maybe a small new tidbit of info.

Begaria

That terrible first post. Not even going to dignify it by quoting it. Shameful.

No Man's Sky is so damn intriguing, looking forward to seeing more of it this weekend.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The science fiction issue and they pick Destiny DLC over say Elite Dangerous, Enemy Starfighter, or Star Citizen?

hughesta

Banned
Hopefully this issue sells me on the game. The idea of an enormous open, not just world, but universe to explore is incredibly appealing, but I'd like to know what more there is to the game.

AdanVC

That is a really freaking awesome artwork of No Man's Sky woah <3. Looking forward to know more about this game and hope it can live up to the hype wich is really big right now.

I feel like everyone's hyping/ giving this game large amounts of exposure but I still don't know anything about it besides the procedurally generated stuff and exploring? Is there anything like sorry wise or stuff to do other then wander? It sure looks awesome but I still feel clueless about it

JayEH

It'll be good to finally get details on this game. I still have no idea what's exactly going on but what little I've heard from E3 sounds promising.

Top Bottom