• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer July cover story: Halo 5 [Up: Character Shots]

daedalius

Hype is real

and Buck looks amazing

fY3DFRc.png

Was really hoping we'd see him after I read New Blood

Glass

Holy shit! Are those shots of Buck and Locke in-game models?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were the in engine, cut scene models. Consider how amazing Halo 4 looked on the 360 3 years ago.

LOVE how now we don't have Cortana, we have Blue Team. Whoever came up with that idea, rather then pairing us with just another AI, has single handily made so many fans hype levels soar.

Given Osiris have been given absolutely awful armour designs (except Buck) and are going up against fan favorite Blue Team, should we assume that Buck swaps sides and everyone else gets horribly murdered?

Because that's what should happen. I'm not sure that's what they're going for.

343's taste in aesthetics still absolutely stinks :-/

It's no Reach armour design, but looking at it again the contrast in styles between the Blue Team plus Buck and the Spartan 4s is a nice aesthetic choice; you can tell immediately who's new-school by the curvaceous & smooth trend, and who's OG by the more rigid sets. Hopefully there's still enough love and attention paid to the worn rugged armour-sets.

belushy

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they were the in engine, cut scene models. Consider how amazing Halo 4 looked on the 360 3 years ago.

LOVE how now we don't have Cortana, we have Blue Team. Whoever came up with that idea, rather then pairing us with just another AI, has single handily made so many fans hype levels soar.

Agreed. I'm a lot more hyped for this games campaign now. Republic commando style is a very interesting route to take. If that is actually what it is. Co-op should be amazing.

singhr1

I think my favorite part of today's news is the increased emphasis on exploration and seeing more locations. Most Halo games were restricted to a single space/planet. Exploring more parts of the vast universe truly allows us to contextualize that these are large conflicts

LtOrange

I have been excited since the incredible multiplayer beta and now they give me Blue Team. I wish I could keep my expectations in check, but I'm at maximum hype over here.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Everything is in engine, as will everything we show at E3.

Kinyou

They're in the Escalation comics together. Takes place after Halo 4 and they help take down the Didact again. The art is pretty poor in most of them but it's there.
Ah, I see. Had no idea they were already teaming up with the Master Chief again. Though I hope the game makes an effort to reintroduce us to the characters again and doesn't just assume we all read the books/comics etc.

Everything is in engine, as will everything we show at E3.
Oh, my. I love it.

Dabanton

I think my favorite part of today's news is the increased emphasis on exploration and seeing more locations. Most Halo games were restricted to a single space/planet. Exploring more parts of the vast universe truly allows us to contextualize that these are large conflicts

That's whats getting me salivating. I can only imagine what 343i are cooking up.

Top Bottom