• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer June cover: Top 100 RPGs of All Time

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yipes that art work...

I sure hope the artist doesn't post/read Gaf, though I assume its poor quality is due to deadline related issues and likely the artist already knows its pretty horrible.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
mITB6h4.png

517.jpeg

RPGCrazied

Nice. But all its going to do is make me want to play games I no longer have, be it systems I don't have anymore or the game itself.

Nostalgia is a bitch sometimes.

daveo42

Banned
Excited to see a list they'll spend hours, if not days, putting together that will get torn to shreds in seconds.

Neptonic

I thought horizon was a really good far cry game more than an RPG

I love Earthbound, but FF6 is gotta be #1 right?

Wow, judging by that Link with a Guardian Sword, I guess they're calling BotW an RPG.

Considering I had to live through the world calling Mass Effect 1 an RPG and Mass Effect 2 less of an RPG, BotW is absolutely an RPG. Especially considering I feel like I almost have more freedom to do what I want in it compared to your average D&D campaign.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I take it Game Informer can't get game reveals anymore, or at least ones that generate enough interest to get more interest than a list article?

Killzig

If the cover is any indication, grognard hackles will be raised. Not that most grognards care about GI's rankings.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bottom left of that cover makes me a very happy man

Super Mario RPG is still one of the greatest games ever made

Lets fucking go Pokemon Yellow, FF7, Suikoden 2, Breath of Fire 4, Tales of Symphonia and Chrono Trigger!

Lol IGN putting Chrono Cross at 85 in their list. Here comes the FLAME!

Zutrax

These things are always so predictable, the top 10 is pretty much guaranteed to contain at least Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, Witcher 3, and Dark Souls.

I'm hoping to see some nice variety and unique picks.

that's probably the most ugly cover i've seen in a long, long time. The artwork is a mess.
I feel like i've traveled back to the 90's and stumbled across the worst fan art possible.

I really can't get over how bad the art is, hahaha. Man, I can't stop looking at it.

The fact that they gave every. single. character. those bullshit angry eyes even if it totally doesn't fit their personality. Like it's the only thing they can draw.

Wow, it's bad. But glorious in its badness. I now know what the people in the Kingdom Hearts story thread this morning were on about.

raven777

Is it purely coincidence that IGN and Gameinformer is doing these around the same time? Or is this some RPG special time?

So this is going to be one of those RPG lists where everything is an RPG.

This doesn't seem like a coincidence to me, I bet IGN stole this idea since it's magazine it's been in the works for at least a month, I'm sure IGN caught wind and just went with their own.

Top Bottom