• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheron

Banned
Jarmel said:
Sweet Jesus, Ashley looks nothing like her ME1 and ME2 ingame models from that pic. I'll be damned though if that isn't one hell of an upgrade. Good god, that might be the best looking female in the entire series.

And they said I was a fool for not "upgrading" to Miranda or Tali.

-
Cerberus is out to kill Shepard

uhh.. if this is the case why would the illusive man spend all that time and money in the first place? by attempting to do this he puts all humans in danger

Acheron

Banned
mercenar1e said:
-

uhh.. if this is the case why would the illusive man spend all that time and money in the first place? by attempting to do this he puts all humans in danger

Easy, indoctrinated. He was working with Reaper tech in the third Mass Effect book if I recall.

Kuraudo

Banned
mercenar1e said:
-

Maybe Shep's no longer out to save humanity.

mercenar1e said:
-

maybe
he blames Shepard for Earth being attacked and/or Shepard abandons Earth at the beginning, putting the fate of the whole galatic civilization over humanity

Cautiously optimistic after that bit of info. I'm still not going to believe them about virtually anything until I actually see it, but the changes on paper are a nice start I guess.

Oh and no multiplayer? Thank you Bioware, you still have some self respect left it seems

jackdoe

That Ashely redesign suggests that Bioware finally knows how to do hair! It just took them four years to do it.

Speaking of confirmed squadmates, I'll laugh my ass off if most of the people you recruit from ME2 aren't squadmates in ME3. That would literally make ME2's story completely useless.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kyoufu said:
Percentage is low because of marketing. Bioware has never, ever shown female Shepard in any marketing video. They have themselves to blame.

Its ok though I'm sure they've removed female Shep in ME3.

Also its a shooter, male crowd is male.
So my Fem-Shep is getting a sexchange? How do I explain this to Liara or Thane?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I opened the last page of this thread and decided to look for "upgraded" Ashley scans and then I found the topic with all details on Bioware boards. I read the first two lines and the last line.

Now I know that gaffers were right about the trial. And I know that there's no multiplayer!!!!!

and that's all I really need to know, because if there's no multiplayer THERE'S HOPE and I'm entering media blackout.

Iksenpets

Banned
jackdoe said:
That Ashely redesign suggests that Bioware finally knows how to do hair! It just took them four years to do it.

Speaking of confirmed squadmates, I'll laugh my ass off if most of the people you recruit from ME2 aren't squadmates in ME3. That would literally make ME2's story completely useless.

I think with Garrus confirmed as returning, that's at least a good sign we'll get a good number of squadmates back. It shows they're not afraid to keep on squadmates that could be be dead. I'd say that Tali, Thane, Wrex, and probably Mordin are all shoo-ins, given their levels of fan support. I could see DLC characters or some of the less popular main characters like Samara and Grunt getting cut, though, to make room for new characters.

jackdoe

Plywood said:
So my Fem-Shep is getting a sexchange? How do I explain this to Liara or Thane?
I'm not quite sure aliens should care what gender a member of a different species is. I mean, in all honesty, the very likelihood that aliens that look so physiologically different and have adapted to different environments can copulate is kind of low. I mean, hell, Garrus is a fucking grasshopper; I don't have a clue how the hell he can have sex with a fem-Shep.

Jarmel

Banned
Nirolak said:
The Batarian husk is amazing.

They really did use a silhouette chart.

It also looks like they're implementing more orange into the husks as well which is interesting. The Batarian husk is pretty fearsome so it seems Bioware stepped up their character designs.

What truly scares me though is a Krogan husk.

Is it still too much to hope for the Star Control 3 ending where Shep leads the combined revitalized Krogan/Rachni/Geth fleet against the Reapers?

Oh hell, just thinking about Star Control makes me remember that everything about that game is so much more interesting than anything ME2 has done

THE WORDS

Squire

Banned
mercenar1e said:
-

The way my game ended, killing Shepard is definitely something the Illusive Man might be interested in doing! ;)

kitzkozan

The game is already better than Mass effect 2. :) Now let's hope the team is allowed enough time to make it as good as it can be, in spite of the shitty EA management. :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kyoufu said:
No inventory system like ME1 makes me a sad panda. :(

8NIiW.gif

wha

The last thing I ever want again is ME1's inventory system. Just reading your post and thinking about it gave me chills.

why would you do that

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Also, I find it hilarious that they've confirmed four Mass Effect 1 squadmates for the team, but no Mass Effect 2 original squad mates.

Squire

Banned
They do know not everyone will have played Arrival for Shepard to even be in position for a trial right?

I still haven't played it :'(

evangd007

Ah-ha! I totally called the squadmates being Liara and Ashley/Kaiden.

Are they bringing back Biotic amps? The lack of them coupled with the Global Cooldowns broke biotic classes at higher difficulties.

DuckRacer

Ashley coming back, oh man. I might have to run through ME1 again (and ME2) and have a save where I'm actually loyal to her. And save the rachni.

Speaking of the rachni there's a rachni reaper husk in the scans. If you kill them (which the canon renegade Shepard has) they're supposed to be completely extinct. If they return regardless I'd like to see how BioWare explains it.

Nirolak said:
Also, I find it hilarious that they've confirmed four Mass Effect 1 squadmates for the team, but no Mass Effect 2 original squad mates.

Thank that gimmicky "suicide mission" stuff they made the game revolve around.

Interesting to see what they do with Liara as a squadmate concerning the events in the Shadow Broker DLC (and Arrival ofcourse)

I guess they'll just fill in the blanks for you if you didn't have the DLC in the Prologue of ME3 just like they did in ME2.

Riposte

Mister Wilhelm said:

It is funny, because... that mission just won't really matter in the long run.

EDIT: If ME2 recruits are not featured heavily in 3 and Cerberus is automatically your enemy, then really all that needed to happen with 2 is the DLC and some of those Cerberus sidequests in 1.

EDIT: If that is how Ashley looks like, Kaiden is going to be a super saiyan.

Snuggler said:
8NIiW.gif

wha

The last thing I ever want again is ME1's inventory system. Just reading your post and thinking about it gave me chills.

why would you do that
Lol! The ME1 inventory system was terrible! At the end of the game I had literally hundreds of guns and items which I couldn't bebothered to get rid of beacause doing so took forever.

jackdoe said:

Truth.

There's still only one hairstyle on FemShep to me that doesn't look ugly. I know longer hair may not be the norm for a soldier, but it would have been nice to have had more options.

femshep-default.jpg

The above is the only style I find bearable (pretty sure it's the default too.)

Squire

Banned
Mister Wilhelm said:

The problem with revealing ME3 characters returning from ME2 is:
for most people it'll be less "Who's returning" and more "Who'll be on the disc, but you won't see them because ME2 had a crazy hyper sensitive algorithm for team mate death".

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Truth.

There's still only one hairstyle on FemShep to me that doesn't look ugly. I know longer hair may not be the norm for a soldier, but it would have been nice to have had more options.

femshep-default.jpg

The above is the only style I find bearable (pretty sure it's the default too.)
Looks just like my Shepard, except mine has blonde hair and brown eyes. There are far to few female hairstyles I agree.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I went to their forums looking for more details, but it seems cellphone picture guy is the only one to receive the magazine.

I did find this though.

cowbellm3r9i.jpg

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I can't wait, especially with all classes being able to use all weapons but with limited slots. That's how it always should have been.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Jenga said:
Has the release date been announced yet? NOVEMBER OR BUST
"Holiday" would put it in either October or November, but given that Battlefield 3 and Need For Speed 18 are coming out in November, October would be a safer bet.

IoCaster

StevePharma said:
Interesting to see what they do with Liara as a squadmate concerning the events in the Shadow Broker DLC (and Arrival ofcourse)

I guess they'll just fill in the blanks for you if you didn't have the DLC in the Prologue of ME3 just like they did in ME2.

I guess that Feron would stay behind at the SBHQ to hold down the fort for Liara so that she can squad-up with Shep. There's a reason he survived and hangs out there. It should be easy enough to stay in contact with him for intel updates during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom