• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Update:

Details:

Confidence Man said:
Here we go, from gamefaqs board:
Got my new Game Informer, read the ME3 article. Game starts with Shepard on Earth, effectively on trial in regard to the events of Arrival, and in the middle of the trial, the Reapers invade. Prologue involves Shepard's escape to the Normandy, and off to start finding those allies, fighting Reaper troops (husks of all the different species) the whole way.

Confirmed squadmates: Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus (if he's alive) and... James Sanders... That must be the guy from the trailer, I don't remember. [Note: BioWare has confirmed that Sanders isn't the sniper dude from the trailer.]

[Note 2: On further inspection, the magazine only says they are "playable to some extent."]

Speaking of which, there's a screenshot of Ashley with her hair down, and she actually looks hot. Don't have a scanner, so wait till someone with one turns up.

Confirmed to appear, but not guaranteed as squaddies: Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson. Obviously, if they live.

The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch.

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point.

The RPG elements are being beefed up, not going back to ME1, but giving more freedom with the character skills. Skill trees will be larger, and powers will evolve several times instead of just once, offering even more freedom. Weapons are ME2 style, with a set list, but mods make a return, not in the ME1 style, but allowing you to swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes, and so on, which effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance.

All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now, but will have limited slots to carry them. Only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once. Probably means Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will be limited to two, and Vanguard and Infiltrator will have three.

Also mentioned: The game will have numerous endings, some good, some bad, and who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit can have a drastic effect on which are available.

That's basically the gist of it, except for the sidebars filled with stuff everyone already knows.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention one thing: Confirmed NO MULTIPLAYER. They're talking about future games and/or spinoffs having it, but not this time.
There's also a picture of a Batarian husk and the above statement seems to imply that Kotaku was actually right about the shooter spin-off. They also mention some kind of correction in regards to the husks.

Udina and The Illusive Man are also present.

They're trying not to spoil the whole game this time.

Original:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/..._cover_2d00_reveled_2d00_me3_2d00_789055.aspx

may2011cover1280.jpg

may2011coverfront610.jpg

Gravijah

That is a terrible cover. Why not just have all the shit goin' on behind him without GIANT CHARACTER RENDER all in front of it?

gdt

Damn. That background is sick, but Shephard doesn't really mesh in there well. Should've used a different pose or something.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Funky Papa said:
Africa can't catch a break.

:D

Would it kill them to throw us a FemShep alternate cover? They could have the awkward sunglare coming from between her legs instead of under an armpit.

Kyoufu

gdt5016 said:
Damn. That background is sick, but Shephard doesn't really mesh in there well. Should've used a different pose or something.

Yeah that's what comes to my mind too when I see that space marine there. :(

sam27368

Banned
and here, we, go.

Look at that, it's the untapped colour palette of blue and orange!
<3 you really Shepard

:EDIT: heh gameinformers servers are getting SLAMMED

Dennis

Banned
Earth is boring as fuck

Hopefully its just the endgame on Earth that will be Gears of Effect.

Who am I kidding...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Are you a bad enough dude to save PLANET EARTH?

Gravijah

DennisK4 said:
Earth is boring as fuck

Hopefully its just the endgame on Earth that will be Gears of Effect.

Who am I kidding...

or maybe it's the begin game

edit: oh wtf it's you what the fuck did you do to your avatar

Saty

Since the Prey 2 poster all i can see in them is how easily they can be changed to indicate any other game with very little difference.

mollipen

Should have been two different covers. One of them should have been FemShep. Everybody knows FemShep is BestShep.

And it all boils down to aliens versus earth?
I spoke too soon when I said they couldn't make the story to ME any less interesting after me2.

Or, the earth ends and it's payback time! Yeah. Take that cliche!

scarybore

That Shepard render looks off, but overall I like what I'm seeing. Wait is almost over, thank fuck.

Stat Flow said:

Do we have to start using Shepado, Rekkusu due to the anime news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom