• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer played through MGS Ground Zeroes' main mission in [1.5hrs, not rushing]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Update Update:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...essions-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes.aspx

Tim Turi and Dan Ryckert discuss playing the game, both of them hit the end credits in about one and a half hours. Ryckert says that he was trying to take his time.

Update:

Kotaku said:
Game Informer got their hands on a near-final build of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for their March cover story, and they say they beat the game's main mission (not including side quests or special console-exclusive missions) in less than two hours. Less than two hours!

"Judged just by the core story mission, Ground Zeroes is short," Game Informer writes in the cover story (only available in the magazine, not online). "We completed it in just less than two hours."
Source: http://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-short-really-short-1516004297

----

People seemed to be debating this enough for a break-off thread.

We had four hours of exclusive hands-on time with Ground Zeroes, which we used to play through the main mission and experiment with extra modes.
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/02/04/march-cover-revealed-2014-3151321.aspx

Edit: Game Informer has been contacted to ask if they only meant they had 4 hours to work with, but they're actively tweeting/retweeting and not replying yet. Some editors also post here so we'll see if they shed a clarification in the thread.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Played through the main mission and experiment with extra modes?

Yikes. Bite-sized.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Perhaps this is weird wording and they just had 4 hours to play through the main mission?

Derrick01

Banned
and people will still buy this demo for $40. We deserve the industry we have.

brandonh83 said:
Pricing is ridiculous but it's not like I can avoid this.

You can, easily. Just don't do it. Do they have your family hostage? Is it the terrorist's law?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Will play on hard.

Also, semi open nature begs for multiple playthroughs.

I bought ZOE for the MGS2 demo, and put more hours in the MGS2 demo than beating ZOE.

Nibel

$10 per hour.

i6iv4c8XFbIzQ.gif

Oh man - hope the price will drop like a rock, because come on

I think most of us saw that coming a mile away, you could piece together everything that had to happen from the trailer and then with the demos we did see it was pretty clear it would be very short for the main mission.

Doesn't change how disappointing that is overall.

Xater

The "and extra modes" would indicate that the main mission is easily <4hrs.

Yep, I bet I would get through it faster than them. Also if those extra modes just evolve around the same setting that will get old quick. This really looks like a rental or something I'll get on a sale once it is under 20€.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Thread title seems incredibly misleading. They said they had a hands-on time of 4 HOURS on the game. Nowhere do they say that the game RUNS for 4 hours.

I'd already set myself up for disappointment here, so the blow doesn't hit too hard. I'm so starved for MGSV though I'm still going to get it day one. Hopefully the extra content will end up adding more hours to it.

Mlatador

Banned
They must have spent an awful lot of time on the visuals, as it seems they didn't have enough time to fill the game with... eh... actual content??

grkazan12

Yeah, it's a prologue to V, but I am too hyped for some new Kojima, so I will probably try to Platinum this bad boy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How much of that <4 hours was cutscenes? lol

ironcreed

Banned
Disappointing and obviously a money grab. Just release a demo as an appetizer and then give us this with the full game later. I despise shenanigans like this.

Top Bottom