• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Reviews Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 10/10

The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_Between_Worlds_NA_cover.jpg

Game Informer: 10/10

As I'm not sure which content from Game Informer is allowed to be posted here, I will simply leave the score.

Oh God I'm so excited for this game!

Edit: Thanks to Murrah for details from the other thread. If it's okay to post them I will post them in a few.

From Murrah:
  • Surprised at Nintendo's willingness to shake up Zelda formulas
  • Loved the item rental/purchase system; makes it genuinely scary when you're about to die
  • Heart piece puzzles are still clever despite having access to all the items whenever you want
  • No more map items to grab in dungeons, layout is shown right away; doesn't dumb down the experience
  • Seemed to really love the turning-Link-into-a-drawing mechanic; says it forces you to look at the entire game from a different point of view instead of just solving puzzles and moving on
  • "As if some of the best dungeons in Zelda history weren't enough, they typically end with some of the best bosses Link has ever encountered"
  • Some bosses return from LttP, most are brand new
  • Completely free to do dungeons in whatever order, no number system or NPCs that tell you where to go next
  • Freeing to wander the map and explore at your leisure
  • World map laid out in same manner as LttP, but not copy-paste job; lots of tweaks to aid traversal and exploration
  • "I wouldn't change anything about this game"

Edit: oh yeah 10/10

Not sure how trustworthy Game Informer are (I know they gave Paper Mario 2 a 6/10), but that sounds like a pretty good start to me.

AniHawk

Probably the best handheld game ever.

you mean after 20 long years, link's awakening's been bested?

also from the review:

I want to let the experience roll around in my brain for a while before I decide where it ranks among the best entries in the franchise, but I can say with confidence that it should be spoken in the same breath as A Link to the Past. In every way, A Link Between Worlds is exactly what you want out of a Zelda game.

codhand

Not sure how trustworthy Game Informer are (I know they gave Paper Mario 2 a 6/10), but that sounds like a pretty good start to me.

haha they will never live this down,

and some will never get over it,

they also rated the new paper mario for 3DS rather high, which is a worse mistake in my opinion.

RibMan

Really want to read the review. This and the Windwaker HD has made my Christmas shopping a lot more difficult!

(senran kagura and) X Rebirth this friday.

Zelda next friday.

Great games are quite effectively keeping next gen off my mind and wallet ;)

2DS is going to be $99 at Walmart on black Friday. It's really worth having in general.

dont know, previews all say 3D adds quite a bit to the experience.

papercamm

So it's as good as Skyward Sword.

As well as Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. A lot of Zelda games get 10's from Game Informer, but this one is more surprising since their reception to the previous two portable Zeldas were much more lukewarm.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
If they want to sell some Wii U's they need to port it over.

Don't bring this shit in here, plenty of other places to do that.

This bodes very well, not getting it day one but I think I'll stick it on the Christmas list. This and Pokémon are going to keep me happy.

Top Bottom