• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer September Cover: Borderlands 2 [Borderlands Sells Over 4 Mil]

derFeef

Patryn said:
I'd rather they spend time improving the loot system (more guns, better guns, more differentiation) than creating a story that a lot of players won't care about.

Loot whore games are designed to be played through multiple times. Heavy story content detracts from that.
Depends on the way it is delivered. Take the Left 4 Dead games as an example of how to do it.

Is steamworks integration likely in this game? I'm guessing so since Duke had steamworks, and they must be aware that gamespy was a terrible piece of shit that fucked up the first Borderlands.

sikkinixx

Cool that something will be shown at PAX. I remember playing the first one there. I guess I should get around to playing through the first one.

-PXG-

Found it

ph3LK.gif

bengraven

So what I gather from the cover:

- dual wielding
- Claptrap mechs (hope classic CT is back)
- rideable Claptrap on...legs?
- still has that Road Warrior feel, but in more lush terrain this time
- ice areas!
- huge furry mobs
- jets! driveable?
- massive structure in the sky - hub world? lazer beam from space to destroy enemies?

bengraven said:
So what I gather from the cover:

- dual wielding
- Claptrap mechs (hope classic CT is back)
- rideable Claptrap on...legs?
- still has that Road Warrior feel, but in more lush terrain this time
- ice areas!
- huge furry mobs
- jets! driveable?
- massive structure in the sky - hub world? lazer beam from space to destroy enemies?

I think the massive structure is of the corporation that wants the vault never finished borderlands so this should motivate me. And maybe buy the goty edition probably cheaper then buying all the dlc packs.

Hope we can customize our weapons and that there is a online auction house like in wow with so many weapons and online it should work.

Raxus

Wonder if they will bring back the old classes, replace/add new ones, or fuse old and new classes like Torchlight.

Either way, I am excited.

Great news, but as the article states, I really hope those diverse environments arent just different styles of desert. :/

Make it happen Gearbox!

JaseC said:
Sell it on eBay as a fixer-upper and put that money towards a PC. ;)

Almost got a Gaming PC last week.

Tech Savvy Friend: So with everything you're looking at close to $1800
Bay Maximus: Alright cool, let's do it. This will last me around 10 years or so right?
TSF: [laughs]
BM: [laughs]
BM:....yea, fuck that.

Hopefully the will allow me to customize my HUD. Otherwise I may get this for the WiiU.

Waaay too much clutter on screen with the HUD info in the first game.

bengraven

I'm all for more diverse lands, but I hope we still have some of those Arid areas like in BL.

Also, bring back Marcus, Tannis, Scooter and TK
's braaaaains

-PXG- said:
They better keep my boy Roland. Lilith, Mordecai and Brick are chumps.

Liar.

Morecai and Lilith rock.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Bay Maximus said:

*everybody laughs*

fixed it for you

bengraven

I'm assuming the anti-PC port is because of the very very clunky, console-like interface and some lack of graphics options? Because despite those issues, I put in over 200 hours with Blands on PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
subversus said:
fixed it for you

It's only high if he's in the US. ~$2k is recommended high-end cost tier for Aussies, like me. (My intended upgraded is going to set me back just under AUD$1900.)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
JaseC said:
It's only high if he's in the US. ~$2k is recommended high-end cost tier for Aussies, like me. (My intended upgraded is going to set me back just under AUD$1900.)

What the fuck. 600$ or bust.

zoner said:
Will it be like Borderlands if you play the dwarf, you have the same height view as every other class despite height differences?

Brick's eyes were apparently in his pecs.
There was a dwarf? All the characters were roughly the same height weren't they?

-PXG- said:
They better keep my boy Roland. Lilith, Mordecai and Brick are chumps.
Mordecai could take down any of those guys in a matter of seconds. 100% skip Shield and go straight to health? Best skill ever.

Orayn

BamYouHaveAids said:
There was a dwarf? All the characters were roughly the same height weren't they?
They were close, but the height of the player's viewpoint is standardized un Unreal 3, and some of the viewmodels were a little "off," allowing you do see some things like the insides of Roland and Brick's arms.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ScottishFyre said:
Mordecai could take down any of those guys in a matter of seconds. 100% skip Shield and go straight to health? Best skill ever.

Lilith could turn invisible, reappear with 100% damage resistance with a shockwave that slows you down to a 25% crawl, then fire a wall of bullets that will pass through your shields to kill you instantly.

I can't believe people actually wanted them to change the art style; to what? Generic FPS Shootan #12304120 with nice hues of gray and brown?

I'm really happy they're sticking with it. If they really do expand on the environments, clean up the menus a bit, and add a few more unique class mechanics to each class (or totally new classes) then this should be awesome. It has a lot of potential as it stands.

Also, that GI cover makes me think we might be leaving Pandora in at least some capacity whether it be a space station or flying mission or something.

PooBone said:
Hopefully there's less desert, more green/winter areas.

Eh, the burned out desert planet aesthetic worked to sell the atmosphere as some post apocalyptic George Miller / Buronson style world. It evoked a fun space western feel from pulp sci-fi / 2000 A.D. which I really enjoyed.

Just speaking in defense of the first game. I wouldn't mind a world that's not Pandora not being as bombed out and desolate; but please keep the same wonderful imagination about designing it. I absolutely adore the vistas and monstrous bone piles on top of mountain ranges in Borderlands.

Mrbob

I enjoyed the first game, but the PC port was a bit sloppy. Will pick up the sequel if Gearbox designs the PC version with mouse and keyboard controls in mind. No more of this page up/page down garbage. Also, don't use Gamespy. It sucks.

Orayn

It would probably be pricey to license, but an intro cutscene set to "Shoot to Thrill" would be amazing. I would also accept something by Clutch.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Eh, the burned out desert planet aesthetic worked to sell the atmosphere as some post apocalyptic George Miller / Buronson style world. It evoked a fun space western feel from pulp sci-fi / 2000 A.D. which I really enjoyed.

Just speaking in defense of the first game. I wouldn't mind a world that's not Pandora not being as bombed out and desolate; but please keep the same wonderful imagination about designing it. I absolutely adore the vistas and monstrous bone piles on top of mountain ranges in Borderlands.
needs more flashy lights like las vegas. blue would be a nice color to have.

Red

Bay Maximus said:

Bay Maximus: Alright cool, let's do it. This will last me around 10 years or so right?
BM: [laughs]
BM:....yea, fuck that.
Doesn't sound very tech savvy. Where do you live that a PC would be that expensive?

ReaperXL7

GuardianE said:
Lilith could turn invisible, reappear with 100% damage resistance with a shockwave that slows you down to a 25% crawl, then fire a wall of bullets that will pass through your shields to kill you instantly.

Everyone knows Brick is King, he just unleashes his berserker rage, and recks everything in his path. Puny bullets have no effect. Long live the berserker!

schick85

The dude on the cover looks real messed, but I still dig it. Looks like a Goron (I think that's what you call it) if you look closely.

goron.gif

Top Bottom