• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's Best Of E3 2014 Awards

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
They forgot Best Dancing Game
destiny-first-look-alpha-dancing.jpg
DESTINY

This new IP by the creators of Halo is set to reinvent co-op dancing gameplay. With several expansive and varied dancing stages to choose from, players are sure to never be bored by Bungie's next dancing epic. With several character classes to choose from, you'll be dancing the way you want to dance. By defeating the enemies in the various stages in epic dance-offs, you can find new gear to improve your dancing skills. Destiny will have you dancing like a Wizard on the Moon in no time.

Splatoon getting ignored again? Shocking.

After watching their Nintendo recap video (I stopped the video after a few minutes...too much http://a.pomf.se/mjrlrk.gif[/MG]) I'm not surprised.
You would think these guys are super excited about games with all the almost perfect scores they're dishing out...[/QUOTE]

To be fair, two of the grumpier guys at GI did that video. Their reaction to Xenoblade in particular made me roll my eyes. The tone would've been much different had Tim Turi, Ben Reeves, or Kim Wallace been in the mix.

Rosur

Doesn't get the Evolve hype... Then again I'm not a fan of team based shooters which is probably why I'm not interested. That said graphics look great for it.

Also that Wii U choice :S

sunnz

I'm sorry but EVOLVE doesn't deserve to win simply because of how stupidly over powered the medics and the hunters in general are.

Watching the matches on twitch, i think that out of 10 or so games they shown, monsters won like 1 round ( and that was luck)
From the instant rehealing of downed team-mates to being able to respawn after death, ruins the fun.
If you did watch the matches then you would have seen twitch chat were everyone was also complaining about this.

kurahador

I don't understand what's the hype for Evolve.

It's like fighting a raid boss in an mmo in first person but with less players.
Chasing around the monsters and playing as one looks tedious as hell.

OneUh8

Evolve baby! Can't wait. I know I will be playing a ton of Destiny, but I hope that does not cause a game like Evolve to not get the player base it needs.

Xater

Still not seeing the interest in Evolve. Hopefully I get into the beta (if they actually do that on PS4 as well) and then I understand. Right now I don't get it.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm guessing the Evolve love is due to the Left 4 Dead creators making it? Otherwise I don't see it.
It was hands-on before E3 and hands-on at E3 so people voting for that are doing it after they've played it.

Grim Fandango OTOH is purely a hype award.

Alx

I don't doubt Grim Fandango is a great game, but seeing the best adventure game of a 2014 show be a port of a 16 years old game is a bit sad. Is the adventure genre so dead ?

BokehKing

Banned
Yeah I refuse to believe that Evolve is the best shooter / game of show over Destiny, maybe these guys didn't get alpha codes last weekend?

Granted I didn't play Evolve, but I can see myself getting bored of it after 2 months

Tiberius

I don't understand what's the hype for Evolve.

It's like fighting a raid boss in an mmo in first person but with less players.
Chasing around the monsters and playing as one looks tedious as hell.
Last year it was all about giant mechs, this year it's all about giant monsters

Jamie OD

Were there any sports games there that was not made by EA (using the logic that racing games are a separate genre)? A bit useless coming up with an award if all of the nominees come from one company.

T.O.P

Banned
Yeah I refuse to believe that Evolve is the best shooter / game of show over Destiny, maybe these guys didn't get alpha codes last weekend?

Granted I didn't play Evolve, but I can see myself getting bored of it after 2 months

there's so much wrong in this post i can't even

Shinta

Banned
I don't doubt Grim Fandango is a great game, but seeing the best adventure game of a 2014 show be a port of a 16 years old game is a bit sad. Is the adventure genre so dead ?

Ace Attorney x Layton is coming soon. Not sure if it was at E3 honestly.

KeRaSh

For some reason I though Mario Maker would come to the 3DS. Now that I know that it's a Wii U exclusive I have completely lost any interest in that game whatsoever.
I also don't agree about Evolve winning best of the show award. I'd give that to Destiny.

If Evolve sucks I can't decide who I will be more disappointed at. Turtle Rock, or the press who are hyping it up. I obviously need to play a beta but... It doesn't feel like it will be a worthy follow up to their previous game.

Xilium

So they found a way to give an award to just about everything.

I do appreciate that their GoS won in every other category that it was in. It's pretty rare to see that so they get some acknowledgement for that.

Shinta

Banned
For some reason I though Mario Maker would come to the 3DS. Now that I know that it's a Wii U exclusive I have completely lost any interest in that game whatsoever.
I also don't agree about Evolve winning best of the show award. I'd give that to Destiny.

It was not best Wii U game at E3 this year. But I think there's a lot we haven't seen about this game yet that will show more that the game offers.

They can hit a switch and make the game look almost as good as NSMB U, switching instantly between the art styles. They said it will have other art styles too, possibly even non-Mario ones. More enemies.

It will even supposedly have a music composition tool. They keep comparing it to Mario Paint.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

It wasnt even playable or anything - dont quite get the choice.

eshwaaz

Interesting to see Evolve getting so much positive buzz. It does nothing for me personally as I don't enjoy multiplayer of any kind, but good on the devs for executing on a unique concept.

BeeDog

I personally think Evolved looks amazing, and this is based on me being a complete sucker for asymmetrical multiplayer games. I can't count how many hours I spent on the Half-Life 2 mod "The Hidden: Source", where you are an invisible, fast, wall-jumping/climbing humanoid with a knife fighting a SWAT-ish team, and this looks like a bigger, bad-assier extension of the same principal gameplay.

IcyEyes

Evolve is a really fun game, I totally enjoyed it!

There are some "strange" winners, but all the games on that list are pretty good !

Usobuko

Banned
I cannot wait for Japan, Korea and China to unite in their gaming ways.

In another 20 years but I'll wait.

vareon

I am mega, mega hyped for Grim Fandango remaster, but for it to win an award for just being mentioned is hilarious.

Don't really care for other choices. Doesn't mean their choice are bad or anything, just didn't really care. But that Grim Fandango sticks out, lol.

Qvoth

mortal kombat x over fucking guilty gear xrd?
damn they must be on some bad shit

curiously, i was actually excited about evolve until i actually saw the gameplay, there was some tournament thing that was going on, saw the gameplay and was quite disappointed
the premise of l4d seems more interesting

Usobuko

Banned
Unless there's any category for stuff like Bayo, Ninja Gaiden, DMC your annual AC, Batman, Watch Dog will always win that action category.

I like L4D so Evolve is by nature on my list though.

Doesn't seem like they're very into Nintendo games (then again, I never got the impression they were).

Splatoon looks like the most refreshing title towards the shooter genre in recent years. But it lacks realism, thats why it isnt really a game...if you ask gameinformer...

I dont get the Nintendo bashing. The Wii U is currently the best deal out there. I sure had more fun playing it than playing Xbone...

Top Bottom