• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's next cover is Assassin's Creed: Origins [Up: All details inside]

I've taken a healthy break from the franchise, and the time off plus the changes promised looks like everything I have ever wanted. Finally a setting that really makes use of the lore and mechanics.

Also, lmao, what the fuck at Assassins Creed and leaks.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Looking at the pyramids... Shouldn't they be covered entirely in limestone?

edit: maybe they are and they just don't look it from these pictures, I guess.

Much of the limestone was pillaged by tomb raiders.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This Ubisoft dude was certainly focused on singing praise to a deeply flawed game released by his company, but that doesn't say much about the actual game beyond stating that your ship is an important part of the game.
You could write an article like that about most overarching base/vehicle upgrade systems.
Uh no, first of all, he doesn't work on the series, second of all, he actually has several articles about the other games that falter, such as how Unity is unfocused despite it's ambitions, third of all, no you can't. You genuinely didn't refute anything he said.

Wolfe

The first AC game I played was 2 a bit after it had came out but due to whatever reasons or circumstance at the time I only put a few hours into it and never really got hooked to the point of continuing. Fast forward about a year after Unity came out and I finally picked up a PS4 and was hunting for some cheap games. I see Unity for 15 bucks and immediately recall all the issues people were posting about around release but I figure what the hell it's only 15 bucks.

Turns out by that time the game had been patched to the point of being as it should have been at release. I completed my playthrough without seeing any major graphical or gameplay bugs and if I had any freezes or crashes they were at least few enough that I don't recall. In the end I quite enjoyed the game and was more than willing at that point to purchase the DLC to play some more.

With that said, I'm really liking everything I'm reading about the next installment, sounds rather ambitious and I hope they pull it off well.

Syndicate and Rogue have practically nothing and are both very worth playing. Unity and 4 have a fair bit. 1-3 have tons and it's painful.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Unity has no present time gameplay portions right? It has the video intro, if you can even call it that, and then occasionally the present time lady will talk to you and you'll go do a side mission or something. I admit it's been a while since my playthrough but I don't recall playing as any characters other than Arno.

Bet there will be a twist in there that will allow them to change everything. I am secretly hoping for different timelines, so they might go cyberpunk, steampunk or other sci-fi settings in the future.

Bet there will be a twist in there that will allow them to change everything. I am secretly hoping for different timelines, so they might go cyberpunk, steampunk or other sci-fi settings in the future.

Eh, hopefully not. Assassins Creed should be authentic. Greece/Rome, Asia, Russia. Plenty of places left to visit. Take Watch Dogs to the future, or make a new ip.

FLAguy954

Fuck, this is definitely up my alley and the fact it'll have RPG elements means my hype is rising (cautiously optimistic).

datwr

How can an Assassins stealth kill not be one hit kill? His peers like Ezio would laugh their heads off. Everything else sounds good.

I wonder about that actually, maybe we are taking to the extreme.
It could be as simple as some sort of QTE you need to do.

You hit the target, he parries and you need to press attack again to actually kill him or something.

Falchion

Holy shit, all these details sound fantastic! It seems much closer to Horizon in a lot of respects which is a really good thing.

Top Bottom