• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's next cover is Assassin's Creed: Origins [Up: All details inside]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Scans are out too but they aren't allowed here.

Release: October 27

2017-06-0923_04_18-aegzunm.png

2017-06-0923_08_06-imfjutk.png

Some info

more dynamic world

camel riding

underwater swimming

animals can attack other animals

more RPG centric for skill points

protagonist Bayek can use a shield to deflect arrows, and can pick up enemy arrows stuck to his shield

Tomb raiding

optimized on Scorpio

Cross-posting from the other thread:

"Here's a detailed list from HungryGhost57 on the article and what it mentions, get ready.

All new info: • Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I. • No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top • No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick • Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret • Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies • Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game • Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true • NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on • There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins) • Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials • Leveling system that has a level cap of 40 • Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game • You can add blocked arrows to your inventory • You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed • Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches • Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas"

More juicy details from the subreddit.

Bayek starts as a Medjay (sheriff type character) and is in his 30s.
He will become the founder of the Brotherhood (I don't know how this makes sense lore wise?)
Customization - you can choose the look you want without this affecting stats!!
Eagle vision is indeed through an eagle - called Senu
Memphis and Alexandria are some cities
Can equip two bows and two melee weapons at once. Also can use fists again.
Can fire multiple arrows at once (ON A ** CAMEL!)
Ptolemaic era
Mini map replaced for a navigation type one (like Skyrim and Horizon)
You will have to enhance your hidden blade (I think it says something along the lines of stealth kills not being a one hit kill anymore)
Free form combat, no counters, has an adrenaline thing that builds up as you fight
Horses and camels confirmed
The Crocodile is indeed a target!
Can dive underwater
Tomb raiding
They say nothing about the modern day
Anything is climbable including mountains and rocks
Can poison dead bodies, lure enemies, tame animals

About Scorpio

Assassin’s Creed Origins is among the first gamest to support Microsoft’s ne Scorpio console, and we got some hand-on time with it so see if the game is noticably improved on the more powerful hardware. On PC, our demo was running at fairly steady 30 FPS. On Scorpio, the framerate felt more consistent, even at 4K resolutions. Other than that, it was difficult to see a huge improvement in our demo. The monitor was fairly small, so unless we pressed our faces against its glass we’d be hard-pressed to notice a tremendous difference from the standard version we’d been playing earlier.
Ubisoft said it got the game running within weeks of receiving their development kits, which speaks to the ease at which developers may be able to get their games ported to Scorpio. It’s important to note that both version of the games are still being optimized, so what we experienced may not reflect the final product. Still, it was great to see a game running on the new hardware, even if it’s ultimately too soon to make anything close to a final verdict

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Watch the bird's name be Horus.

edit: Also what would make this better, is if that image of the cover was on an airplane tray.

Theorry

From the magazine.

Good stuff. AC: Origins in 4K on Scorpio and running smoother than the PC demo they (Game Informer) were shown. That, plus they got it up and running on Scorpio in just weeks after getting the dev kit.

At people posting magazine scans. Its not allowed i believe n Gaf.

BlizzKrut

Banned

"Here's a detailed list from HungryGhost57 on the article and what it mentions, get ready.

All new info: • Started working on game before unity • Brand new fighting system • New A.I. • No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top • No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick • Crouching is back • Story is being kept a secret • Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies • Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra • You can climb everything in the game • Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria • The controllable eagle leak was true • NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on • There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins) • Stat element of customization is removed • New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials • Leveling system that has a level cap of 40 • Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret • There are legendary items to loot in the game • You can add blocked arrows to your inventory • You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade • Buttons for free-running up and down are removed • Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches • Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter) • There are gladiator battles in arenas"

Justin

So this is the Black Flag team and they were given an extra year? That is giving me some hope this will be good.

rhandino

Banned

THZCxaO.gif

more dynamic world

camel riding

underwater swimming

animals can attack other animals

more RPG centric for skill points

protagonist Bayek can use a shield to deflect arrows, and can pick up enemy arrows stuck to his shield

Tomb raiding

optimized on Scorpio

juicyyyy

sjay1994

This sounds amazing

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I'm waiting for the game with bated breath. I'm hoping that there's something here to draw in players who left the franchise after AC2.

So wait, the setting is
late Ptolemaic Egypt instead of pre-Hellenic dynastic Egypt
? Kinda bummed by that. At least it means we'll probably meet
Caesar, Mark Antony, and Augustus, and possibly go to Rome.

kc44135

This sounds interesting, and I say that as someone who completely lost interest in franchise prior to the start of this gen, and hasn't played an AC game in years. This could be good, but I'm still approaching it with caution nonetheless. Fascinating setting, though. Also, Scorpio support is expected, but no mention of PRO support? Surely there will be PRO support, right?

Toa TAK

Banned
This article is saying everything I want to hear.

Only thing I'm tepid about is the combat, since they've never made it great, but literally everything else? Spot. On.

Byvar

I didn't think I'd say this again about an Assassin's Creed game, but judging from the scans the visual style and colors that they're using look incredible. I thought Egypt looked kind of flat before and perhaps it still does, but it looks like a great setting nonetheless. The info sounds great too.

Prompto

Banned

Damn. Getting excited for this. Might be the first Assassins Creed game I get since 3

Assuming the
secret character is female
the only thing that makes me less excited about this is
the Cleopatra time period is kind of lame. I'd much rather it be earlier.

Top Bottom