• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME LABO monthly JP gaming rumors (the game magazine of underground)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecream

Public Health Threat
GAMELABO is a monthly gaming magazine published by Sansai Books dedicated to the discussion of gaming hacks and mods. For example, this month they discuss perfect walkthroughs for DQ6, save data hacking, and ROM data analysis, and code modifier hacks for a bunch of other relatively recent games. They also have columns on anime, manga, otaku culture, the bishoujo game industry, PC games and a Moetan serialization.

One column in particular they have is called 'Charge!! Cyber Crackers' and is basically their rumors section, similar to EGM's. But it's usually written cryptically. And since GAF always has fun with rumors and riddles, I thought it'd be interesting to toss these out for discussion. :D

Disclaimer: It need not be said, but take these all with a grain of salt. Especially with a magazine like this.

Scans are spotty, so I'll only list the ones that seem relevant/are readable (not all pertain to games, some are gossip). If anyone else sees one that's particularly interesting, feel free to toss it out there.

Feb 2010
  • The budget-priced games from game company 's [D] series releasing on 03/04 will have a brand new method of copy protection against backup devices. (Not too hard of a guess here, we'll see if it's true)
    [*]Bishoujo game maker [G]'s 'cyber action adventure game' series will be ported to the PS3 this summer (Not hard either)
    [*]This year game company will release a 2 new [T] series game for the PSP
    [*]The successful and acclaimed X360 Delusional Science ADV that released back in October will be ported to the PS3 this summer with new characters and new endings (Though it's more than likely coming to PC, esp. in light of today's events)
    [*]Game company 's idol simulation series 's latest game will be released on the Wii. It will utilize the engine from 's 2008 Wii game, [H] (......)
    [*]A Virtual Boy 2 is under development. And it's not going to be a standalone, but rather as a peripheral to the Wii. It will be released around the end of this year
    [*]Game company has begun a port of popular RPG [F], and plan to release several of their 'killer titles' to the iPhone

Possibly update this thread monthly (scans/info/time permitting).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
icecream said:
-This year game company B will release a 2 new [T] series game for the PSP
-Game company B's idol simulation series I's latest game will be released on the Wii. It will utilize the engine from B's 2008 Wii game, [H] (......)
-A Virtual Boy 2 is under development. And it's not going to be a standalone, but rather as a peripheral to the Wii. It will be released around the end of this year

So if I've got this right.

- 2 Tales of games for PSP
- Idolmaster Wii
- Virtual Boy 2 for Wii

If so, epic.

ILikeFeet

Banned
the IdolMaster Wii doesn't surprise me at all. wonder if we will get trannys in it as well :lol

but the Virtual Boy sounds like a stretch to me.

icecream said:
[*]Game company has begun a port of popular RPG [F], and plan to release several of their 'killer titles' to the iPhone

Confirmed, Square is bringing FF7-R not to the PS3/DS/Wii/360 but the iPhone!!!

consoul

So, Virtual Boy 2 is likely to be a plastic shell helmet that the Wiimote goes in for head tracking then.

It's the Nintendo ON!

iMAS Wii would be nice and something that, every time I've suggested it on forums, has always been dismissed as 'never going to happen'. We'll see though.

king zell

this week Famitsu

461.jpg

i see Xenoblade, SSF4 scans are out

icecream

Public Health Threat
king zell said:
*2nd index page scan of this week's boremitsu*
Did you really have to post that in this thread :(

JustAnotherOtaku said:
iMAS Wii would be nice and something that, every time I've suggested it on forums, has always been dismissed as 'never going to happen'.
That's because it would be a bad thing.

BUt if the rumor is true, it sorta makes sense, since the models and dancing movements from Happy Dance Collection did use Idolm@ster elements...

Kishgal said:
Still waiting for that Dragon Quest 9 PSP port, Game Labo.
And I'm still waiting on that music game based on the super popular 'K' anime that was being developed by game company [K] for the PS3. It was supposed to come with Guitar, Bass, Keyboard and Drum controllers too. Was supposed to be announced/release last summer... but maybe they're holding it up for when S2 airs. :D

Magypsy23

Banned
People expect Nintendo to launch an HD console or a peripheral similar to Natal.
Nintendo instead turns Wii into Nintendo ON.
Ok.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
icecream said:
Did you really have to post that in this thread :(

He's the guy that spams links to his site that is written completely in Arabic. Pay no attention.

BTW, I think we're due another virtual boy. Despite the redness and shit, it was a good idea in theory. (And it had some pretty great games)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only rumor that I believe outright is the first one. SE pretty much has something new every year copy protection wise on their DS games. They usually last about a week.

Also, this is kinda tame for an icecream thread. It's just not right without seeing people offended every other post! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom