• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones FUTURE SPOILERS Thread (Discuss Leaks Here)

manfestival

There are 2 episodes left and I have stopped genuinely caring about the show. I am watching these episodes to see it through to the end... but if that is real... IF THAT IS REAL

WAT
tenor.gif

enough of it has proven to be real.... and the rest of it follows the garbage writing that we have been seeing this season. I will give credit though, I did not see that ending coming so there is that I guess.

ruvikx

Banned

This guy obviously has a
Boner crush on Dany. That's okay, but he should be a man & admit he's biased in her favour. I've read the leaks & they're entirely in line with "who" these characters are & have been since minute one. When a person with certain traits (arrogant, messianic, believes in destiny & refuses to listen to reason) finds himself or herself in a tense situation, kaboom, they'll become the villain. That's how monsters are born
. A bigger issue I've noticed (among certain people watching the show) is they need a "good versus evil" in front of them without ambiguity. People bitching about the direction of the series (& how it ends) based upon their refusal to accept certain characters are "bad" ignores the fact people can do bad things... even when their original intention was good.

That's literally the history of the world right there. So a serious grimdark show like Game of Thrones was always likely to explore that facet of life & end in Greek tragedy fashion without pandering to the "give me Marvel" crowd. I have my own issues with this season so far. It seems rushed, to an extent, i.e. the budget has been blown on the two major battle episodes. I'm also pissed the white walkers are gone, but I've already covered that particular problem already. I'm just almost relieved
Dany is going to instigate some massive drama & make the ending far more interesting than "let's overthrow Cersei & save Westeros!"

Because that would have been A/Bullshit & B/Unworkable within the actual lore of the world they've built. Usurpers, traitors, mad kings, mad queens, grumkins, snarks, cripples, bastards, broken things & white walkers are what give the world they've built its charm. Destroy that (with a Star Wars ending) & there's no fun left.

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
Wanted to give everyone a place to discuss leaks that they may have come across, so they aren't mixing with the normal show OT.

Discuss away!

Credits are rolling on the final episode...it was quite the ride...but what's this? Post credits...the show comes back but we're looking at a winter mountainscape. The snow is falling heavy...in the distance we can see a pair of figures walking towards the camera. Zoom in....pan up from the feet. It's a heavy leather boot wearing person walking a dog....panning continues up...it's obviously Tormund and Ghost! Panning continues to their face....THEIR EYES ARE BLUE. VIOLINS SWELL! Screen cuts to black....

Hinedorf

Banned
Wanted to give everyone a place to discuss leaks that they may have come across, so they aren't mixing with the normal show OT.

Discuss away! (CUT OUT)

That would be really great for keeping the show going but I think of if this way.... if that's the case what was the majority of Season 7/8 about other than a bullshit story they never gave ANYBODY honest context on what did or didn't transpire in S8E3.

From speculation if this were to happen I have to believe it's related to the quote "There always has to be a Stark in Winterfell". My assumption is that all Starks head South for the the big Kings Landing war and the Stark rule is broken.

The book reader in me loves the idea of more content. But the book reader in me has been waiting for new content for so long that if this is how the shows are going to wrap up the best story I've ever read, they're clearly out of material.

Hinedorf

Banned
I just went digging for the future leaks. None of it really sounds shocking especially for Martin's writing. What it feels like is something that will be INCREDIBLY RUSHED which is exactly how I've been feeling about this show since they started touching on book 4/5 material.

The best part about this show/story has always been the mythology which to this day we still have no legit knowledge on. What are the White Walkers? Do we know more now than we did Episode 1? Lord of Light? Wargs? Dragons? DO WE EVEN KNOW HOW DRAGONS FUCKING ORIGINATE?!

All of the stuff I love has very little to where this show has been going so......not disappointed if anything it all fits very easily to me.

Tesseract

Banned
the hound and mountain kill each other

dany kills tyrion

jon kills dany

bran takes the throne

sansa is hand, varys advises

jon takes the black

jaime and cersei die together

arya does something

?

the hound and mountain kill each other

dany kills tyrion

jon kills dany

bran takes the throne

sansa is hand, varys advises

jon takes the black

jaime and cersei die together

arya does something

?

This betrays the prophecy of Arya closing green eyes. I really hope this “leak” is a fake, it’s uninteresting to me.

Tesseract

Banned
the whole eye shutting thing is dumb as fuck btw, i absolutely hate

i'm okay with jon taking the black, he always wanted to be a ranger

benjen will be waiting for him, that's my only prediction for season 8

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
I was at least hoping for a White Walker connection in some way. Like Jon kills Dany and we find out the world, for some magical reason, must have a Night King. So he sacrifices himself.

Because of all the plot threads theirs was dropped the absolute hardest with zero regard or consequence within the first half of this season. Why did we even have them for the first 7 seasons? They were my favorite aspect of the show.

oagboghi2

Does anyone have a link to these supposed spoilers? I'm hearing tons of random rumours that don't make sense.

Edit: nevermind. Found them

• Daenerys captures Jaime and executes Varys before assaulting and easily taking King’s Landing. Tyrion begs for mercy for Varys, and when he’s ignored, he frees Jaime.
  • The Unsullied and Daenerys commit a bunch of war crimes in the capital, alienating Jon and Tyrion. Tyrion is also arrested by Daenerys and scheduled to be executed for freeing Jaime. There’s some disagreement on exactly what the mechanics are, but a trial might take place in the Dragonpit.
  • The Clegane brothers finally fight each other and they both die.
  • Jaime fights and kills Euron, but he sustains mortal wounds in the fight. He dies alongside Cersei.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
Does anyone have a link to these supposed spoilers? I'm hearing tons of random rumours that don't make sense.

Edit: nevermind. Found them

• Daenerys captures Jaime and executes Varys before assaulting and easily taking King’s Landing. Tyrion begs for mercy for Varys, and when he’s ignored, he frees Jaime.
  • The Unsullied and Daenerys commit a bunch of war crimes in the capital, alienating Jon and Tyrion. Tyrion is also arrested by Daenerys and scheduled to be executed for freeing Jaime. There’s some disagreement on exactly what the mechanics are, but a trial might take place in the Dragonpit.
  • The Clegane brothers finally fight each other and they both die.
  • Jaime fights and kills Euron, but he sustains mortal wounds in the fight. He dies alongside Cersei.

There's a more recent Spanish leak on the freefolk reddit with a so-called happy ending which makes no sense (Tyrion conspiring with Cersei to make Dany look bad & he's judged as a traitor afterwards, whilst Dany & Jon live happily ever after), but the rest (basically those who got the previous episodes spot on) paint the same picture: Jon is going to terminate Dany.

I'm fine with that. My own WTF ending would have been a divine messianic monarch screeching "bend the knee" somehow representing the change Westeros needs. I know a load of Dany fans somehow projected their own power fantasy onto this fictional character (including Elizabeth Warren & CNN!!!) but she's always been far too arrogant & ego maniacal since season 3 or thereabouts to "win" the throne.

The writer(s) like cripples, bastards & broken things, not conquerors. So I fully expect Dany to unleash hell on King's Landing & complete her Anakin Skywalker arc.

There's a more recent Spanish leak on the freefolk reddit with a so-called happy ending which makes no sense (Tyrion conspiring with Cersei to make Dany look bad & he's judged as a traitor afterwards, whilst Dany & Jon live happily ever after), but the rest (basically those who got the previous episodes spot on) paint the same picture: Jon is going to terminate Dany.

I'm fine with that. My own WTF ending would have been a divine messianic monarch screeching "bend the knee" somehow representing the change Westeros needs. I know a load of Dany fans somehow projected their own power fantasy onto this fictional character (including Elizabeth Warren & CNN!!!) but she's always been far too arrogant & ego maniacal since season 3 or thereabouts to "win" the throne.

The writer(s) like cripples, bastards & broken things, not conquerors. So I fully expect Dany to unleash hell on King's Landing & complete her Anakin Skywalker arc.

The spanish leak is fake:

I honestly hope the bell leak is true, because the meltdown will be hilarious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
the bell thing is probably just a matter of narrative timing, as a culmination of lunacy leading up to the break

you should remember back to what varys said re: bells ringing to preclude terror and horror

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
I honestly hope the bell leak is true, because the meltdown will be hilarious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If Dany really does go "mad" & slaughter people, the ensuing fan meltdowns will be just as entertaining as the show - perhaps even more. Those people (Dany fans in particular) won't take it well. They've already begun justifying her potential mass murder of King's Landing ("those fuckers deserve to die!"), just as they always justified her tyranical character. On the flipside, Vanity Fair posted a decent article which predicts the ending, i.e. with parallels between Game of Thrones & Lord of the Rings: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...h-lord-of-the-rings-iron-throne-ring-of-power

The Iron Throne is the ring of power, Daenerys is Gollum (lol) & Jon Snow is Frodo.

prag16

Banned
I posted a link to this one in the OT before I knew we even had a spoilers thread: https://www.inverse.com/article/556...de-5-leaks-spoilers-ending-revealed-on-reddit

As I said over there before the post got deleted, if true this is actually kind of not that bad imo, but possibly only because expectations were driven so low after episode 3. There are a lot of similarities to the other leak posted above, but also differences; not sure if they could BOTH be entirely credible.

Episode 3 was so shitty plot-wise that I lost a lot of my investment in seeing this through to the end, but with only two left I might as well..

bigedole

I posted a link to this one in the OT before I knew we even had a spoilers thread: https://www.inverse.com/article/556...de-5-leaks-spoilers-ending-revealed-on-reddit

As I said over there before the post got deleted, if true this is actually kind of not that bad imo, but possibly only because expectations were driven so low after episode 3. There are a lot of similarities to the other leak posted above, but also differences; not sure if they could BOTH be entirely credible.

Episode 3 was so shitty plot-wise that I lost a lot of my investment in seeing this through to the end, but with only two left I might as well..

The plot outlined in your leak is vastly different then the leaks that've been circulating from /r/Freefolk. I do like yours more than the freefolk version, but I'm inclined to believe the freefolk version more since the details have come from several different sources and have come true + stayed consistent with one another despite coming from different people.

Here's the link to what is currently believed to be the spoiled plot, clicking is like taking the black. You can never unknow what you read!

EDIT 1: Why the fuck can't I just post a link instead of it putting the entire damn reddit post in my post??!?!

EDIT 2: Trying to just post a damn link:

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
The plot outlined in your leak is vastly different then the leaks that've been circulating from /r/Freefolk. I do like yours more than the freefolk version, but I'm inclined to believe the freefolk version more since the details have come from several different sources and have come true + stayed consistent with one another despite coming from different people.

Here's the link to what is currently believed to be the spoiled plot, clicking is like taking the black. You can never unknow what you read!

Yeah, I definitely like the other one better for the most part. There is a lot of overlap, but also a lot of HUGE differences. I guess we'll see.

bigedole

if the goal of grrm and d&d was to make dany fans mad, then it will be a huge success and i will sleep well

I do think that one of the few things GRRM told D&D about his intended ending is that Dany would go Mad Queen. I also think GRRM would've done it in a believable/organic/non-rushed way that would've made book readers mad at Dany, and not mad at GRRM. I think perhaps one possible ending in GRRM's head is Jon forging lightbringer by killing Mad Queen Dany, and ultimately using that as the PWWP to finish the White Walkers.

thequestion

The quality of Got has dropped insanely quickly. Last season wasn’t great, but this season smells worse than week old chinese food, forgotten inside a fridge. Got is basically “cringe”, the show, now. It was my favourite HBO show, but this show is has become a steaming turd.

...I’m still going to finish this season out of morbid curiousity.

Ulysses 31

To cut D&D a tiny bit of slack, I heard on a stream that GRRM promised to deliver more books to adapt but so far has shown up empty handed for 8 years.

ruvikx

Banned
I do think that one of the few things GRRM told D&D about his intended ending is that Dany would go Mad Queen. I also think GRRM would've done it in a believable/organic/non-rushed way that would've made book readers mad at Dany, and not mad at GRRM. I think perhaps one possible ending in GRRM's head is Jon forging lightbringer by killing Mad Queen Dany, and ultimately using that as the PWWP to finish the White Walkers.

I have my own problems with Game of Thrones (I wanted more white walkers until the very end), but with regards to Daenerys her arc isn't rushed at all IMO. All the groundwork has been done, the clues are there & the foreshadowing of her authoritarian despotic tendencies wasn't even subtle. Her first encounter with Jon Snow (aka the Frodo Baggins/Jesus Christ central character)? "Bend the knee".

I guess some misandrists might diddle themselves to that scene ("muh girlz powerz!") because if Dany was a man, there wouldn't even be any sort of debate or outcry from fans when faced with the possibility this particular Targaryen with Dragons (who invaded a foreign land in order to "win" the game of thrones) would become a villain. In the last 2 episodes of an 8 year TV show which has done its utmost to condemn the concept dictators & tyranny, I would have been very disappointed if Dany had been anointed saviour of the realm & made tyrant whilst everyone applauded.

Why does she ask him to bend the knee and acts like a cunt instead of forging alliances? Surely the North would be OK with Jon + Dany if she weren't such a weirdo. An arranged marriage would be an easier pill to swallow than BEND THE KNEE THE NORTH IS ONE OF MY KINGDOMS REEEEE

prag16

Banned
Why does she ask him to bend the knee and acts like a cunt instead of forging alliances? Surely the North would be OK with Jon + Dany if she weren't such a weirdo. An arranged marriage would be an easier pill to swallow than BEND THE KNEE THE NORTH IS ONE OF MY KINGDOMS REEEEE
That rabid obsession with bending the knee always annoyed me too.

gioGAF

Now that the whole season has gone to shit and I don't care anymore, I am coming in to this thread to ask about the one thing I still care about:

According to the leaks, what happens to Drogon?

Javthusiast

Banned
Sounds dumb as hell, must be true.

Now it's even more clear why Arya got the NK kill. Not only because of MUH SUBVERSION, but also because if she didn't have that she would have done nothing of value the entire season.

ruvikx

Banned
I'm probably one of the minority in the internet sphere who's left scratching his head at all the outcry/outrage/unhappy fandom. There were always going to be people "pissed off" with the ending of Game of Thrones because it was one of the polarizing shows of all time in which millions of people had their favourite characters they wanted to "win" in the end. It was impossible to reconcile all of them & stay true to the overarching story (aka Iron Throne = bad).

Bran as King? I'm fine with that. Jon snuffing out Daenerys? Fine. Jon returning north of the wall? Also fine. Wait & see but so far, season 8 has delivered massive & extremely satisfying character conclusions (namely Dany torching Kings Landing).

Edit:

Crazy how it took people 4 years to realized it went from political intrigue to a Japanese cartoon.

The meltdowns are gonna be AMAZING.

It's funny, but IMO the angry fans are actually those who've mistaken Game of Thrones for Dragon Ball Z/Marvel/Disney & wanted Dany + Jon & all their friends to become the Avengers versus Cersei & the white walkers. Most fanfictions I've read or heard from the youtube/reddit rant crowd entail imbecilic infantile storyarcs which absolutely ignore the greater ideas, historical/cultural relevance & drama in the series.

Some people really did think the Iron Throne was the endgame & the better ruler (preferably Dany eh) would win for the greater good. I can only lol at that little silly fantasy.

Last edited:

manfestival

so far them spoilers are all true

These results FEEL very game of thrones. It just feels like the delivery was trash. I feel like it is ordering a damaged box of fruits. You are still getting exactly what you ordered. Just not in the way you would've realistically expected to get them. Which leads to anger and frustration because your expectation of the fruit delivery was... SUBVERTED.

ruvikx

Banned
Not sure how anyone can read "Bran ends up as King" and think "Yeah, that sounds good and/or makes sense!"

I'm not sure how anyone could even watch this show for nearly a decade & actually imagine "winning" the Iron Throne was the endgame for their favourite character. It's the ring of power from Lord of the Rings for Christ's sake. But here we are with hundreds of thousands of Dany fanboys & fangirls throwing their toys out of the pram. Frankly, some people weren't ready for this show, i.e. they need everything painted in black & white with easily identifiable villains (like Darth Vader) & "heroes" like Marvel superheroes.

Bran for what it's worth would be a completely adequate King because he's a Stark, he's one of the good guys (real good guys) & he's not a psycho or overly ambitious conqueror who's capable of atrocities.

bigedole

I'm not sure how anyone could even watch this show for nearly a decade & actually imagine "winning" the Iron Throne was the endgame for their favourite character. It's the ring of power from Lord of the Rings for Christ's sake. But here we are with hundreds of thousands of Dany fanboys & fangirls throwing their toys out of the pram. Frankly, some people weren't ready for this show, i.e. they need everything painted in black & white with easily identifiable villains (like Darth Vader) & "heroes" like Marvel superheroes.

Bran for what it's worth would be a completely adequate King because he's a Stark, he's one of the good guys (real good guys) & he's not a psycho or overly ambitious conqueror who's capable of atrocities.

Not sure why you read my post and think it has anything to do with Dany. I'm simply commenting on how stupid it is that Bran ends up as King. It would make more sense to have no King at all and let the kingdoms rule themselves.

ruvikx

Banned
Not sure why you read my post and think it has anything to do with Dany. I'm simply commenting on how stupid it is that Bran ends up as King. It would make more sense to have no King at all and let the kingdoms rule themselves.

Dany is a topical issue. Also, Bran as King is hardly crazy in a universe which has recently had two child Kings, aka Joffrey & Tommen. Both were incompetent for their own reasons, but with the correct counsel, Bran could be fine by comparison. Whether the kingdoms are independent or not is also a moot point because in terms of "happy ending" or "bad ending" it makes very little difference. Westeros wouldn't suddenly become great whether Bran is king, or whether the rest are all independent kingdoms.

It is dark fantasy universe after all.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Not sure how anyone can read "Bran ends up as King" and think "Yeah, that sounds good and/or makes sense!"
Little homie got pushed out the window and lost mobility of his legs. Without Fortnite to play in the A Song of Ice & Fire universe he certainly won the Battle Royale taking place in this one.

Top Bottom